• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
johnson and sinclair had talent to be fair, unfortunately they madrid-ded their careers. don't let the preconceptions rule you bro, make your own judgments. i refuse to let others guide my thinking.

trunks206

Established Member
I'm not saying they aren't good players but this is the ****ing wishlist thread and tbh its depressing looking at those names in here. :lol:

IMO either go for the top top quality this summer or don't go for anything at all.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
:eek:ops: half the time I forget where I am as i'm just *****ing at whoever rubs me the wrong way

Robben. pogba. how is that?

thedon5

Eh what's wrong with Mirallas? He had some trouble with injuries but otherwise he was brilliant. Playing mainly at right mid he certainly showed his class. Especially tough when you consider Everton rely heavily on their left side.

He could probably use another season at Everton but he is a quality player IMO. With Everton possibly switching to a 3-4-2-1 under Martines, he'll be used on the right wing probably and he'll dominate for sure. At right wing you'd see his dribbling, pace and finishing far more often than you do currently.

If you don't believe me, watch this goal and then tell me he isn't good enough. We don't have players in our squad who will do this sort of thing on a regular basis.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS5RCdRbY3o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS5RCdRbY3o</a>

Cruisio

Established Member
Mirallas I would take, the others no

I don't need anyone to tell me those others aren't very good Mav, I can see for myself :D

Buhry

Established Member

Why aren't we in for Griezman from Real Sociedad? Young (22), French, goalscoring left winger. Imo we could use another left winger so surely this guy has all the qualities we need. Got 10 goals and 3 assists for them in the league last season when they got 4th.

Since he's playing for Sociedad and they are probably half broke like most Spanish team he could probably be bought at a decent enough price.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjqu-l44tDQ#at=61" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjqu-l44tDQ#at=61</a>

My only worry I guess is that Carlos Vela got 14 goals and 9 assists for the same team :lol:

Anzac

Established Member
IMO someone like Reid would be a better option than Williams for CB cover,
as Reid is good across all 3 roles/styles - he's good in the air, in the tackle, and interceptions/clearances.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/19277/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/19277/</a>

thedon5

He is relatively young as well, it'd be quite bizarre to sign someone like Williams who would be on the bench as our oldest defender. When around £10 m is being thrown about you need someone who will be a very able deputy and also someone who can replace the current guys if need be later on. Reid is almost four years younger than Mert and almost three years younger than Kos. He can also lead a defence very well as we saw last season at West Ham.

I think Ginter is the best option though. Hopefully Freiburg will be kind to us since we gave them Le Coq on loan.

Anzac

Established Member
I thought I'd read something from Ginter earlier in the summer saying he had no intention or need to move as yet as he was getting plenty of opportunity at Frieburg?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Freiburg have been completely raided this summer already, think Ginter is staying put. German clubs don't do late deals like in the EPL that often anyways, interestingly for the same reason that Wenger mentions when he does his business late in the window.

Buhry

Established Member

Another left winger. Podolski seem like a cool guy and all and gets some goals but he gies missing every time we play a good defence. We could really use someone with more flair/directness and creativity out there.

I don't like playing Cazorla there either because we have no one near as good as him to take over for him in the CAM spot.

So many holes in our squad at the moment, it's beyond frustrating that we haven't brought in anyone at this point.

Mobb Starr

MDGoonah41 said:
we need zlatan
we need cesc
we need zlatan
we need cesc
we need zlatan
we need cesc
we need zlatan
we need cesc

Getting a bit obsessive about Zlatan MD? Maybe you should change your avatar to this.

TheFan.jpg

Anzac

Established Member
Buhry said:
Another left winger. Podolski seem like a cool guy and all and gets some goals but he gies missing every time we play a good defence. We could really use someone with more flair/directness and creativity out there.

I don't like playing Cazorla there either because we have no one near as good as him to take over for him in the CAM spot.

So many holes in our squad at the moment, it's beyond frustrating that we haven't brought in anyone at this point.

We don't NEED an AMC other than to act as playmaker in this possession passing style which of it's self is born of compromise regarding our refusal to address core issues in the team defensive play.
Theory being that the more you retain possession the LESS you need to specifically address the defensive requirement.
Sort the fundamentals through the spine and produce a capable core and THEN you can consider compromises along the fringes.

Buhry

Established Member

Anzac said:
Buhry said:

We don't NEED an AMC other than to act as playmaker in this possession passing style which of it's self is born of compromise regarding our refusal to address core issues in the team defensive play.
Theory being that the more you retain possession the LESS you need to specifically address the defensive requirement.
Sort the fundamentals through the spine and produce a capable core and THEN you can consider compromises along the fringes.

wat

I was only saying that Podolski is too mediocre to be a starter if we want to be winning things, idk what the need for an AMC has to do with that.

I assume we'll keep playing our 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 thingy, my main problem with moving Cazorla out to the left is that I think the players then left in the midfield 3 simply aren't good enough other than Arteta (wilshere in form, maybe but he has everything to prove) and none of them score goals or provide a lot of assists like Cazorla does.

So even though moving Cazorla to the left is better than having podolski there we then shoot ourselves in the foot by then having to compromise the quality of the amc spot by playing rosicky or wilshere there, neither are great CAM's as far as I'm concerned. Wilshere has potential to be a great midfielder but I don't want to see him and ramsey in the team at the same time at the moment tbh.

Either move cazorla left permanently and sign a new quality cam that has the same type of quality cazorla has, or more realistically sign a left winger that's an upgrade on Podolski, that can offer more creativity and unpredctability against established defences.

My opinion is just that our front 4 (if you include the cam spot) is lacking in quality in general, I'm only happy with Cazorla and walcott tbh. Would like to see upgrades on the other 2 and not from within the squad.

Wether or not we need a CAM is not really that relevant since we look like we're playing the same formation again this season, I'm just rolling with the punches here, playing the cards wenger has dealt, etc. Assuming we'll be playing the same formation I'd like a better and more creative left winger, Podolski and Walcott on the wings at the same time is so uninspiring.

The Escaped Ape

Mobb Starr said:
MDGoonah41 said:
we need zlatan
we need cesc
we need zlatan
we need cesc
we need zlatan
we need cesc
we need zlatan
we need cesc

Getting a bit obsessive about Zlatan MD? Maybe you should change your avatar to this.

TheFan.jpg

He's only obsessive about Zlatan because it's the only way to avoid Suarez. Can't say I blame him, but it's a pipe dream.

Anzac

Established Member
Buhry said:
Anzac said:

what

I was only saying that Podolski is too mediocre to be a starter if we want to be winning things, idk what the need for an AMC has to do with that.

I assume we'll keep playing our 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 thingy, my main problem with moving Cazorla out to the left is that I think the players then left in the midfield 3 simply aren't good enough other than Arteta (wilshere in form, maybe but he has everything to prove) and none of them score goals or provide a lot of assists like Cazorla does.

So even though moving Cazorla to the left is better than having podolski there we then shoot ourselves in the foot by then having to compromise the quality of the amc spot by playing rosicky or wilshere there, neither are great CAM's as far as I'm concerned. Wilshere has potential to be a great midfielder but I don't want to see him and ramsey in the team at the same time at the moment tbh.

Either move cazorla left permanently and sign a new quality cam that has the same type of quality cazorla has, or more realistically sign a left winger that's an upgrade on Podolski, that can offer more creativity and unpredctability against established defences.

My opinion is just that our front 4 (if you include the cam spot) is lacking in quality in general, I'm only happy with Cazorla and walcott tbh. Would like to see upgrades on the other 2 and not from within the squad.

Wether or not we need a CAM is not really that relevant since we look like we're playing the same formation again this season, I'm just rolling with the punches here, playing the cards wenger has dealt, etc. Assuming we'll be playing the same formation I'd like a better and more creative left winger, Podolski and Walcott on the wings at the same time is so uninspiring.

Wasn't having a go or anything - just picking up on your comment that we can't move Cazorla because we have no one else to take over that can provide the same capability.
IMO it's essentially no different to the Arteta scenario in that we don't have anyone else to play to that level in a lone DLP shape,
yet that doesn't stop AW from doing so.

Agreed re the flanks - IMO we are becoming even MORE dependant upon key players & roles to make this current team work.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom