• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Mudi

CB: Nastasic
CDM: Schneiderlin

A team
Sanchez
Cazorla-Özil-Walcott
Ramsey-Schneiderlin
Gibbs-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Debuchy
Szczesny

B team

Giroud
Podolski-Rosicky-Chamberlain
Wilshere-Areta
Monreal-Nastasic-Chambers-Bellerin
Ospina

Extra subs
Campbell, Flamini, Gnabry ans Sanogo

That's a deep team!

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wonder which striker Wenger will sign. Hopefully Eddy Cavani.

The anticipation and excitement is killing me, knowing a massive signing at CF is around the corner.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

GDeep said:

The anticipation and excitement is killing me, knowing a massive signing at CF is around the corner.

:lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It has been over a week since the last wish list so:

CB - Manolas or Nastasic 9-15m a young. Vermaelen replacement paid for with his departure.

CM - Khedira (15m) or Rabiot (10m) as a mini knee jerk to Saturday we need some more energy in here and both of these two provide it. Khedira phases out Arteta immediately and gives Ox, Chambers or another young midfielder time to refine their game whilst Rabiot comes in as a rotation option to Arteta.

Forward - we don't desperately need one but another top class forward could be the difference between 3rd and 1st. We should go big for Reus or Cavani and make room by selling Podolski, 1 of Giroud/Campbell and loaning Gnabry and Sanogo. We would then have 4 world class forward when you factor in Theo, Özil and Sanchez. 35-50m is huge money but also a huge statement of intent.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't sell Giroud he has a big part to play. We are currently three players short of being up there we City and Chelsea. Campbell, Podolski, Sanago and Gnbary are the only guys I'd consider selling/loaning.

trunks206

Established Member
-------Szczesny

Debuchy--Per--Kos--Gibbs

----Song---Ramsey

--------Özil

Walcott---------Sanchez

------Chamakh

I would honest to god take Chamakh at CF over the options we currently have. He is just as good if not better at linking up play compared to Grioud, he has clever movement in and around the box (it won us alot of pens), he better in the air, and he is more mobile/ he can stretch defenses and can/will get on the end of throughballs. He cant shoot for **** but neither can our other two options so its a wash there.

He's currently better than what we have up top, would be cheap and knows the system (like Song who id loan in at DM aswell) We've left alot to do (CF, DM, CB) we need to start being realistic, I dont see top end players coming in so we need to find some simple quick solutions to improve the team in the time being and look to go again in the next window if top players become available.

Iceman10

Established Member
trunks, you are seriously bringing up Chamakh in a wish list :lol:

...I see where you are going though, maybe we should look outside Cavani and Falcao and reconsider the likes of Jackson Martinez, esp. if his price can be brought down to somewhere around £20m as the transfer deadline approaches.

trunks206

Established Member
Iceman10 said:
trunks, you are seriously bringing up Chamakh in a wish list :lol:

...I see where you are going though, maybe we should look outside Cavani and Falcao and reconsider the likes of Jackson Martinez, esp. if his price can be brought down to somewhere around £20m as the transfer deadline approaches.

When the 3rd placed Turkish side has a noticeably better CF than your team, you become desperate. :lol: I honestly think Chamakh is a better CF than Grioud.

Iceman10

Established Member
He seems to have become a better player since he has left Arsenal, or more accurately he is playing with more confidence.

With all the technical play we use and the expectations we have at a club such as Arsenal I guess such players stick out like a sore thumb and lose confidence. Same with Giroud, he would probably play better at Palace also with confidence he would get playing in a style more compatible with him and lowered expectations, the question is under the same circumstances who would be better and I still think it would be Giroud, after all Chamakh was still with us for a while after we signed Giroud. So basically IMO we could sign Chamakh, he might carry over some of his confidence from Palace for a little while, but in all likelihood he would end up going back to being sh!t within three to six months. :lol:

Edit: and just to add, he was playing deep, more as a supporting striker for Palace, and that's the problem where many players are coming a cropper at Arsenal because we demand quite a lot out of the lone CF in the 4-2-3-1 formation, not having found a replacement yet for the Dutch Skunk.

truth_hurts

Diaby>>>Song
Campbell>>>Chamakh

Yesterday did highlight 2 problem areas though in our team currently.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Campbell is still untested in our team really, wonder if we will ever see him in a competitive game. Podolski is back so maybe not?

fabo

6.51 / 10
Chamakh is ****. Playing as a midfielder against us, harassing Wilshere and co. That's what this mug has been reduced to.

Anzac

Established Member
Interesting talk coming out from LFC circles associated to the story about Balotelli to LFC for 16m.

1 - Khedira to Bayern, and
2 - Di Maria to PSG.

Nothing further at this point but talk was last week that Cavani would be sold IF PSG got Di Maria.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
At this point wouldn't even mind Eto'o on a 1-2 year deal, he's 33 but still has more pace than Giroud and an eye for goal. Would also probably work better with Alexis than any option we have.

If we can't find better mind you. Still think he would be highly motivated to do something at Arsenal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never going to happen but...

IN:
Manolas 8M
Khedira 10M
Di Maria 40M

OUT:
Podolski + Campbell 22M

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
GDeep said:

I just read this post in the voice of Eeyore.

truth_hurts

Khedira and Reus. Job done, 2 winners who can bring us titles. 50m and 140k a week each. Winston Ried for CB 10m.

Podolski out this summer, Santi and Giroud next summer.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom