• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

air

I also doubt he would want to leave, and there are very few teams that might even interest him. If he wants to win something he will not go to Inter.

Clarkey

seb_afc said:
how about keeping sol and getting king? that would be perfect. and then moving toure to right back. i doubt that wud happen though...is king out of contract soon then?

In the Summer his contracts up if he does not sign his own deal. I think if we did get King or someone of his ilk we would let Campbell go to save the money on the wage bill. In the ideal world of course keep both, but if we can save cash here and there we have to do that. Again only my insane theory and bet so no doubt it will not happen.

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah but if we are to win the champions league we MUST have two quality center backs not just 1. i mean kolo is great but is not world class. he would be good a right back with king and cambell and ash. perfect. does any1 know the news about robert green? apparently we r interested in him and he wants to leave. that would be a good replacement for jens.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Those rumours have died down seb_afc and to be honest there never really was any doubt in my mind that he would not come. And if I'm being honest with you he doesn not really impress me that much and I'd much rather have Hilderbrand on my team than him. Hell, I'd rather just keep Lehmann. Green is sort of like Roy Carrol to me. Makes the easy saves but misses the saves better goalies would, but he his being rated due to the fact he doesn't make mistake, lol look at a few weeks back and you will see one for definate. Lehmann makes those mistakes but the fact remains he saves a lot more than Green does and stops a loot more goals than Green. But Green does have the tendancy not to make a lot of mistakes but this I feel is being undermined by the number of goals he concedes that Lehmann would save. Question being, barring the mistakes that Lehmann has made can you tell me any goals that he has conceded that he had a chance to get and that Green would save? Not that many I'd say but Lehmann would save quite a few that Green misses.

EDIT: This is not directed specifically at you seb. It is to all Lehmann critics.

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah thats fair enough. but he has cost us in crucial games. i.e vs chelsea in the champions league twice. but we need a defender more than a keeper. and if we have a good defence then we dont need to rely on a keeper that much.

A

Anonymous

Campbell & Vieira in Juve Link

I read in another website that there are strong links for sol & patrick to join Juventus. not too sure if this is just pure speculation as i'm sure it is. Has anyone else heard anything about this. Cos im starting to worry as ive just ordered my brother the new 2005/06 strip with vieiras name at the back, and the company i bought the top would not refund me.

Any news guys!? :(

asajoseph

Established Member
I've heard nothing. Sol's been linked with Juve a lot over the years, but nothing's happened as yet this summer.

A

Anonymous

As said by Capello - ''People need to go out before people can come in''

Um... Would you really be that heartbroken if Sol left?

Asterix

Established Member
They just print the same rumours every summer.

In an interview with OSM Sol was quite clear he'd like to play in Italy before his career ends, so that rumour will crop up more often now he's getting on and all. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last season at Arsenal, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. It takes a lot to surprise me. :wink:

Canuck

Established Member
I refuse to contribute to this idiocy.

...oh crap, I just did. Though not in any meaningful way, though that may be a point against me I guess.
:?

DB10

actually, sol has a contract with us for the next 3-4 years. Of which he will be 35ish. and retiring.

Also he wants to go to the US not italy but not to play soccer but................. to be in hollywood. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Asterix

Established Member
http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/ ... 75,00.html

Read this - was posted by Jazz G a while back now - it's a very good in depth article and interview with Sol.

In particular Sol says -
"I'm 30 now and in five years' time I won't be in this country. That's definite. Italy looks good to me because it would suit my kind of football. Spain is an option. But the idea of tasting a new culture, and learning another language, excites me the most. I'm starting a little with French. of course . . ."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom