• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Cool insight on how he got to being a first-team player for the club. The movements really show that Wenger didn't plan his emergence; he was making plans to leave after mediocre loan spells but somehow kicked on after being given a start vs. West Ham.

I'm happy for him, his mentality is admirable and success is thus deserved.

akhil

Still ended the game with more tackles than Elneny.
And we had more control of the ball with El Nenny out there.
Its no surprise we've looked really solid in the middle with Coq and El Nenny out there for the last few games. Ramsey should be behind the two of them.

nmn

Should be partnering Elnenny really.

Or Wilshere now I suppose.
Should have started in this kind of game. But in the long run he's not starting material. Wilshere should be playing there alongside Elneny/ a new DM. Coq coming in as a sub to help defend can be an asset though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And we had more control of the ball with El Nenny out there.
Its no surprise we've looked really solid in the middle with Coq and El Nenny out there for the last few games. Ramsey should be behind the two of them.

Don't think we ever really controlled anything in that game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think Wengers faith in Coquelin is lessening. Apparently he was gonna bring on Cazorla and try him as the deepest midfielder in place of Elneny, but because we scored he then decided to opt for Coquelin and go a tad more defensive.

Looks like a DM may be a possibility in the summer.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere was the only player in our side who kept the ball when he had it, it's not surprising that when we went 433 we got hold of the ball for a few periods, Fernandinho bossed Ramsey and El Neny. El Neny is ridiculously slow, poor for City's second and never won a tackle.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Why should Ramsey be starting ahead of Coq beside El Neny? If I was his adviser, I'd be seeking other pastures for him to play because Wenger has a habit of sticking with his favourites. No matter what Coq does, Ramsey will always start ahead of him...it is the Wenger way.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think there's too much to read into his non-starts recently. He wasn't required in the two homes games and we won both of them. We all know that Wenger will then usually change a winning team.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I still think Wenger doesn't respect him because he is largely just a DM.
I think Coq has it in him to add to his game. He was b2b but changed his game to get a place with us. That shows real determination and intelligence. If he dever ops further,what MF options we'll have :lol:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Finally we have 2 very good DM's at right age and level. Most important position on the pitch if you ask me, and I am extremly happy with who we have there.
Still think Coq will add to his game cause he obviously has it in him, but some players take it longer to do it.

Cant wait to see us leading a game, and then bring on Coq to give us more cover, cause its been so long since we could actually do it properly.
Was so sick and tired of seeing Gibbs coming in as Lw to give us just that

Bad passer of the ball, wrong attitude for a title winning side.

Does his job fine, but since sometime I've felt we aren't going anywhere with as starter. Hopefully that will change next season, squaddie he is.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Why the anti-coquellin vibe? He's been a great partner for Santi and El Nenny. He's good enough. Our system next year will determine if he's a starter or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom