• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There has been one protest with a few hundred people, very small. I suspect it'll further dwindle after Lincoln.

Why should the board care if attendances aren't affected and protects aren't large and sustained?

I'm all for protesting btw.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Funny how he seems to think Enrique's glory night somehow backs up his argument that managers are judged from game to game. Well they are , Arsène, but the bigger picture is they actually managed to make good a terrible first leg humiliation and progress to the QF's.

Try it sometime and stop ****ing crying, You too can be a hero.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
****ing bizarre that in a week where we get beat 3-1 and 5-1 it seems the consensus among some journalists (Cross, Lawrence, Laurens) is that he'll sign the contract.

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger quote from his yesterday's press-conference:
"In the last nine years only once have we been the worst performing English club in the Champions League."

It's very telling. It shows to me, what mindset is rooted in our club nowadays.

Fans: "Look how far we are from the best".
Wenger: "Look how far you are from the worst".

The difference.

Don't forget quotes like:
"All teams spend a lot of money but only one can be champion"
"You will not win every game"
and etc.

I don't like his defensive attitude whenever asked about the state of affairs. All are valid statements but show a defeatist mentality coming from a manager who once won the league without losing a game. How can someone who preaches this motivate his team to fight till the last minute ?

It therefore follows, that our players are talking about motivation or mentality issues after and before the games. When the going gets tough our team bottle it and crumble like a house of cards.

karl

Whoever it is, they need to get brutal with a squad that have under performed and get rid of the regularly injured. Being soft on these players is what cost Arsène his credibility.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger quote from his yesterday's press-conference:
"In the last nine years only once have we been the worst performing English club in the Champions League."

It's very telling. It shows to me, what mindset is rooted in our club nowadays.

Fans: "Look how far we are from the best".
Wenger: "Look how far you are from the worst".

The difference.

Don't forget quotes like:
"All teams spend a lot of money but only one can be champion"
"You will not win every game"
and etc.

I don't like his defensive attitude whenever asked about the state of affairs. All are valid statements but show a defeatist mentality coming from a manager who once won the league without losing a game. How can someone who preaches this motivate his team to fight till the last minute ?

It therefore follows, that our players are talking about motivation or mentality issues after and before the games. When the going gets tough our team bottle it and crumble like a house of cards.
Agree with this 100%. We've recently implemented a new system at work. It is failing dismally. And it is failing because those who implemented it get defensive and deflect problems away instead of solving them. The parallels to Arsène are huge.

I was in a sales course last year where the lecturer said this. "You get two kinds of cultures in life when it comes to problems. The culture of problem solving and the culture of blame pushing". Guess which one Arsène has adopted at Arsenal!

mm76

Yer Da
get rid of the regularly injured

i wouldn't include Santi in that yet though, not when you look at how his abxsence has affected us - we should give him a run-out next season and see if he stays fit

also Welbeck - i'm still annoyed at his going in for that stupid tackle that sidelined him for so long, but if you stop him doing that he should be a real asset

but in either case, one more injury and i'd agree it's transfer time

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

****ing bizarre that in a week where we get beat 3-1 and 5-1 it seems the consensus among some journalists (Cross, Lawrence, Laurens) is that he'll sign the contract.
Probably because he has already signed it. If he was really leaving we would know already. I would be dumbfounded if he isn't our coach next season again.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

End of the season? Sure. Do it after he's signed a 2 year extension, cause that would make a lot of sense to an imbecile.
I unfortunately don't share you hope that he might still be deliberating. In my view he has already signed. This is why he is reacting so weirdly and defensively of late. He has already signed up for another 2 years of this I take it. Now he is only waiting for a good run of fixtures and some wins to announce. Guess we'll go all out in the cup now...

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's acting defensive because he wants to sign but is in a tough spot.

No sense in already signing. These things leak anyway.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The indoctrination of our fan base started in 2006 and is going strong. He's completely and conveniently lost touch with what managing a football team is all about. He has no shame anymore. He's just a lackey these days. So very sad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Everything does point to him and the board wanting to continue this relationship.

The ball is with the fans though, keep protesting. Reality is, there will be 60'000 at the Emirates next week, the 200 who hold up a banner outsude or shout in front of a camera aren't enough of a protest.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It's a great confidence builder for the team with arsenal fans to holding protest

****ing wankers

Do it in the ****ing close season you want Wenger to go i want you to ****ing shut up
Yeah, what a good idea. Protest when everyone's on holiday.

MagicalRozza

I have been thinking about it a lot lately and frankly I am terrified of what’s to come after he leaves and in no way is it a testament to his greatness. It is mind blowing how many roles does Arsène accommodate within the club. I have heard on some podcast recently that he even had a say in choosing the tiles in the Emirates’ bathrooms and cutlery in the restaurants ;-) To me this is the reason he is paid so much – in normal circumstances they would need to employ several people to do these jobs. This might have been fantastic in the Emirates transition era but is just stupid now. What would happen if he got ill or died suddenly?

I just can’t understand how can this martyr, the saint who “sacrificed” twenty years of his life for this club allow for this club to be in such risk, when he’s gone. On the other hand how can any business owner allow for such risk to his enterprise to exist and not be addressed?

I am a husband, a father of two and also the main provider for my family. One of the first things I did in my adult life was taking a life insurance so when I am gone my wife and kids are taken care of. I did it because I love them but also I feel responsible for them.

What did Arsène Wenger and the board do to make sure that the club is taken care of when he is gone? Nothing. It is obvious that they developed this perfect harmony among themselves. The owners (and thus the board) are happy with Arsène because he keeps delivering the business targets and takes care of almost every aspect of the club running, which is very convenient as there’s no one else on the board competent to do this. On the other hand Arsène enjoys ultimate power within the club and he can pursue with his “project”. I don’t think it’s about money for him. To me he is more like a mad scientist chasing his idee fixe. The club is his gigantic playground and he gets more and more immersed in it at the same time becoming more and more detached from the reality. Consequently he continues to gather as much power in his hands and possible and pushes away anyone that might have any different view. They planned to live long and prosper in this harmony and that is why they react so allergically to anyone wanting change. How dare anyone question it? The owners/board want this business model to continue and Wenger is sure he knows best and everyone else is wrong.

I am sure that if he had gone to the board and asked to employ a director of football they would say yes as they don’t know **** and would just trust his opinion. Same goes for fitness coaches, scouts and so on. We could have an operational structure that would “outlive” Arsène or anyone that comes after him.

I can already see the collapse when he’s gone and all the smug Wkb’s saying it is our fault that we wanted him gone and the new manager fails to make an immediate impact. However if such thing happens it would be due to the dramatic structural shortcomings within the club that Wenger and the board are equally responsible for.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Only the top 4 in Premier League go into Europe and we've only performed the worst of those once in 9 years.

And to put that into context we've only just climbed to have the 4th most expensive squad in the league.

That's an impressive stat.:lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Wenger finishes below 4th this year that'll be the first time he's finished below his squad cost position in 20 years.

Really hope the board take that into account, because our fans sure won't.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I have been thinking about it a lot lately and frankly I am terrified of what’s to come after he leaves and in no way is it a testament to his greatness. It is mind blowing how many roles does Arsène accommodate within the club. I have heard on some podcast recently that he even had a say in choosing the tiles in the Emirates’ bathrooms and cutlery in the restaurants ;-) To me this is the reason he is paid so much – in normal circumstances they would need to employ several people to do these jobs. This might have been fantastic in the Emirates transition era but is just stupid now. What would happen if he got ill or died suddenly?

I just can’t understand how can this martyr, the saint who “sacrificed” twenty years of his life for this club allow for this club to be in such risk, when he’s gone. On the other hand how can any business owner allow for such risk to his enterprise to exist and not be addressed?

I am a husband, a father of two and also the main provider for my family. One of the first things I did in my adult life was taking a life insurance so when I am gone my wife and kids are taken care of. I did it because I love them but also I feel responsible for them.

What did Arsène Wenger and the board do to make sure that the club is taken care of when he is gone? Nothing. It is obvious that they developed this perfect harmony among themselves. The owners (and thus the board) are happy with Arsène because he keeps delivering the business targets and takes care of almost every aspect of the club running, which is very convenient as there’s no one else on the board competent to do this. On the other hand Arsène enjoys ultimate power within the club and he can pursue with his “project”. I don’t think it’s about money for him. To me he is more like a mad scientist chasing his idee fixe. The club is his gigantic playground and he gets more and more immersed in it at the same time becoming more and more detached from the reality. Consequently he continues to gather as much power in his hands and possible and pushes away anyone that might have any different view. They planned to live long and prosper in this harmony and that is why they react so allergically to anyone wanting change. How dare anyone question it? The owners/board want this business model to continue and Wenger is sure he knows best and everyone else is wrong.

I am sure that if he had gone to the board and asked to employ a director of football they would say yes as they don’t know **** and would just trust his opinion. Same goes for fitness coaches, scouts and so on. We could have an operational structure that would “outlive” Arsène or anyone that comes after him.

I can already see the collapse when he’s gone and all the smug Wkb’s saying it is our fault that we wanted him gone and the new manager fails to make an immediate impact. However if such thing happens it would be due to the dramatic structural shortcomings within the club that Wenger and the board are equally responsible for.

Agree with most other than Wenger being allowed to chase "his project". Promoting youth between 2006-13 wasn't his project for example, it was the consequence of not having the money for experienced elite players. There is one project and everyone at the club is in on it.

Your last paragraph, about club structure, can easily be fixed - Pires wants to be DoF, if not hire someone who is already doing a good job in that role, hire a coach just for team affairs etc. We have the power and finances to attract any one in any position we require. Post Wenger there should be no excuses.

rich 1990

If Wenger finishes below 4th this year that'll be the first time he's finished below his squad cost position in 20 years.

Really hope the board take that into account, because our fans sure won't.
Dude, you've made this point about 658,000 times. How about making a fresh statement?

rich 1990

Only the top 4 in Premier League go into Europe and we've only performed the worst of those once in 9 years.

And to put that into context we've only just climbed to have the 4th most expensive squad in the league.

That's an impressive stat.:lol:
We've been to one final and one semi final in 20 years. There's not an impressive stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom