• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why should the board care if attendances aren't affected .
They have been though. Possibly season ticket holders that can't be arsed to turn up, but it's the same thing. It's actually worse when you think that the tickets have been paid for and people stil can't drag themselves to the stadium to watch a CL tie against Bayern Munich.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Agree with most other than Wenger being allowed to chase "his project". Promoting youth between 2006-13 wasn't his project for example, it was the consequence of not having the money for experienced elite players. There is one project and everyone at the club is in on it.

Your last paragraph, about club structure, can easily be fixed - Pires wants to be DoF, if not hire someone who is already doing a good job in that role, hire a coach just for team affairs etc. We have the power and finances to attract any one in any position we require. Post Wenger there should be no excuses.

It's not that easy.
You can't build a club structure in a few months.

We should have started this years ago.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Think it'd be better if people quit paying for tickets. Then again I remember reading somewhere some years ago that there is a long waiting list.

Best of all would be though if fans went to the stadium but protested and let their discontent known very powerfully. To be honest, like I said in the other thread that its hard to see our fans take it to the levels required.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
What did Arsène Wenger and the board do to make sure that the club is taken care of when he is gone? Nothing

Seriously?
He did what you did for ur kids, and lot more.
Got us top class stadium.
Top class youth facilities.
Later resulting bunch of top talents, and more to come cause of what he did with Hale End.
Got us around 150€ mil in reserve.
Just to name those obvious, big things he got us as I dont have time or will to go on ito details.
Its a shame he ia not recognized for all the good thing he did and does. Hate him or love him, guy gave us a lot more than anyone could ever. Sure he makes mistakes, like all of us, but to say he got us nothing to take care of us once he is gone is just absurd, as his 20 years here are based on putting us on strong feet for a long time

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tarquin, Toby and Joshua have already found something else to do on match days. It's just down to Ned, Leonardo and Octavius to smell the coffee.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
the Deal, No Deal thread locked I see...oh well.
BBC article showing the real dichotomy of attitudes towards Arsène.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39226318

a selection..........many still want Arsène to stay.

Wenger is consistently unfairly criticised because the media, and many fans, are used to and desire newness and change rather than stability. He has said something similar himself. Liverpool have never won the Premier League and Manchester United have dropped out of the Champions League but they have both had more than one new manager in Wenger's time and so are spared criticism. A top-four place is still achievable, as is a cup win, which is more than most clubs will achieve. Roger, Norwich

The reason I support Arsenal is Arsène Wenger - a man who understands that football is about entertainment and occasionally it is about art and beauty. It is not all about winning. I go to football to be entertained, maybe even moved. If I was only interested in the result I would stay at home and check the results online. I know many older fans like me who feel the same. I would like Wenger to stay forever but I feel, sadly, that he'll get fed up with all of this noise and take his genius and love of football elsewhere and English football will be so much the poorer. Liz Heade, Cambridge

When I started supporting Arsenal at four years old, Wenger was already into his second season. The fact that the manager's name was Arsène and the club was Arsenal was, in my mind then, no coincidence. There are plenty of millennials out there who, like me, have known no Arsenal without Arsène. His philosophy has come to define Arsenal. When he goes, we will be forced to discover who we are without him. And, in football, it is infinitely harder to find an identity than it is a trophy. Dhev, London

Arsène Wenger has not only transformed Arsenal, but he has also played a significant role in the transformation of English football. Equally he has won a trophy every season, as I believe qualifying for Europe equates to a fourth trophy in the top flight. Arsenal need to decide who they are and what they want to be and get the right people to deliver their strategy. Wenger needs to prove he can reinvent the club but he has earned the right to say when he leaves. Chris McShane, Salisbury

Wine can take years to mature and be at its best, after which it starts to deteriorate and go bitter and needs throwing out. We're approaching, if not already at, this latter stage. Gerry Ryan, Hamilton, Bermuda

I was never in the 'Wenger out' camp until recently. But it's evident he's lost his touch. I believe Wenger is only part of the problem; the board have to take some responsibility - fourth is not a trophy. Chris Gilson, Colchester

I have wanted Arsène Wenger out for 10 years. The Bayern Munich result was embarrassing and it is just adding to the list. No club has a divine right to win trophies but with what we pay and the stature of the club we have a divine right to compete. Nick Bowler, Rochester

4R5Emaniac

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39226318

a selection..........many still want Arsène to stay.

Wenger is consistently unfairly criticised because the media, and many fans, are used to and desire newness and change rather than stability. He has said something similar himself. Liverpool have never won the Premier League and Manchester United have dropped out of the Champions League but they have both had more than one new manager in Wenger's time and so are spared criticism. A top-four place is still achievable, as is a cup win, which is more than most clubs will achieve. Roger, Norwich

The reason I support Arsenal is Arsène Wenger - a man who understands that football is about entertainment and occasionally it is about art and beauty. It is not all about winning. I go to football to be entertained, maybe even moved. If I was only interested in the result I would stay at home and check the results online. I know many older fans like me who feel the same. I would like Wenger to stay forever but I feel, sadly, that he'll get fed up with all of this noise and take his genius and love of football elsewhere and English football will be so much the poorer. Liz Heade, Cambridge

When I started supporting Arsenal at four years old, Wenger was already into his second season. The fact that the manager's name was Arsène and the club was Arsenal was, in my mind then, no coincidence. There are plenty of millennials out there who, like me, have known no Arsenal without Arsène. His philosophy has come to define Arsenal. When he goes, we will be forced to discover who we are without him. And, in football, it is infinitely harder to find an identity than it is a trophy. Dhev, London

Arsène Wenger has not only transformed Arsenal, but he has also played a significant role in the transformation of English football. Equally he has won a trophy every season, as I believe qualifying for Europe equates to a fourth trophy in the top flight. Arsenal need to decide who they are and what they want to be and get the right people to deliver their strategy. Wenger needs to prove he can reinvent the club but he has earned the right to say when he leaves. Chris McShane, Salisbury

Wine can take years to mature and be at its best, after which it starts to deteriorate and go bitter and needs throwing out. We're approaching, if not already at, this latter stage. Gerry Ryan, Hamilton, Bermuda

I was never in the 'Wenger out' camp until recently. But it's evident he's lost his touch. I believe Wenger is only part of the problem; the board have to take some responsibility - fourth is not a trophy. Chris Gilson, Colchester

I have wanted Arsène Wenger out for 10 years. The Bayern Munich result was embarrassing and it is just adding to the list. No club has a divine right to win trophies but with what we pay and the stature of the club we have a divine right to compete. Nick Bowler, Rochester
The pro Wenger ones are all written by Makingtrax.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Funny how he seems to think Enrique's glory night somehow backs up his argument that managers are judged from game to game. Well they are , Arsène, but the bigger picture is they actually managed to make good a terrible first leg humiliation and progress to the QF's.

Try it sometime and stop ****ing crying, You too can be a hero.
Has he seriously tried to do this? Wow.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Think it'd be better if people quit paying for tickets. Then again I remember reading somewhere some years ago that there is a long waiting list.

Best of all would be though if fans went to the stadium but protested and let their discontent known very powerfully. To be honest, like I said in the other thread that its hard to see our fans take it to the levels required.

Arsenal's waiting list for season tickets is very healthy. That's why the likes of DT and Troopz will never surrender their season tickets, their place would be filled quite quickly.

Not even necessarily by Arsenal fans either. By theatre enthusiasts with deep pockets. Either way, it matters little to the club.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arsenal's waiting list for season tickets is very healthy. That's why the likes of DT and Troopz will never surrender their season tickets, their place would be filled quite quickly.

Not even necessarily by Arsenal fans either. By theatre enthusiasts with deep pockets. Either way, it matters little to the club.

Waiting list like an exclusive country club. It's a few years long.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Rochester

The abuse he is getting from some subset of fans is also revolting a lot of regular fans as well. While a lot may understand that the Wenger era is close to the end, they are appalled by the vitriol and hate Wenger is getting. Some folks tend to lose perspective that is just a game.

R

=reed=

The reason I support Arsenal is Arsène Wenger - a man who understands that football is about entertainment and occasionally it is about art and beauty.
Football with Giroud and Coquelin on the pitch is the most beautiful and entertaining football in the world, a pure art.

Last edited by a moderator:

4R5Emaniac

Hmm, these rich boys and gals fill up a lot of the home crowd, eh? The proper fans are priced out. That is why the home support is a bit less passionate.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Be interesting to see who takes up the opportunities vacated by people not renewing.

If people showed up but didn't buy a burger or beer or programme that would be a big statement huge money made there.

Medly

Imagine, how PSGTV would look like...:lol:
We, Arsenal fans have been patient long enough and still get flak from some of the media for wanting change.
Another example of why Wenger has NEVER taken other options. He claims he is loyal ( I am sure he is ) However he also knows that virtually EVERY top club fans would go this route had he delivered to them what he is to us AND backing it up with deluded ramblings while trying to keep his 'poker face' not revealing he really dont know what he's talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom