• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You can call out a player, say he is crap but don't try to mentally destroy a player or any human being. That is being mean spirited and ultimately counter productive to say the least.

Disagree. If a person has any self respect he will rise to the challenge and put his tormentor to the sword. If he buckles and collapses in a heap he's weak!

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Shaw is on around 100K a week, if he needs to be mollycoddled then perhaps United isn't the club for him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Disagree. If a person has any self respect he will rise to the challenge and put his tormentor to the sword. If he buckles and collapses in a heap he's weak!

Feel free to disagree but this is a human management 101. There is no upside in trying to mentally destroy a player/employee/subordinate.

Malky

Established Member
I'm not really a huge fan of Shaw, think he was quite over rated before he went to United. That said, what Mourinho is doing is ****, it's not helping the lads development. Its not like its constructive criticism he's giving him, it's just constant belittlement, even worse that its to the media. He's basically just bullying the lad. One minute he has no future at United, then he does, then he refuses to play him, then he does but he's useless or he was only good because Mourinho made his decisions for him.
He's ****, plain and simple.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I'm not really a huge fan of Shaw, think he was quite over rated before he went to United. That said, what Mourinho is doing is ****, it's not helping the lads development. Its not like its constructive criticism he's giving him, it's just constant belittlement, even worse that its to the media. He's basically just bullying the lad. One minute he has no future at United, then he does, then he refuses to play him, then he does but he's useless or he was only good because Mourinho made his decisions for him.
He's ****, plain and simple.

Indeed, that is a **** move. No other way to call it.
I am not too familiar with Shaw but he was promised to a great future when he was a Saint hence my comment we should take a punt on him.
Having said that, it is not like our other Saints products have panned out that well. So that is also a cause for concern.

say yes

forum master baiter
Mourinho's treatment of Shaw is idiotic. Reminds me of his first season at Chelsea when he mugged off his strikers every week for being ****, even though the title was there for the taking.

Doesn't even matter if it's true (and Mourinho's track record would indicate it isn't) - there is no chance this will help Shaw or United this season.

This should be interesting:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho could field this team:

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Smalling Shaw
Herrera Carrick Pogba
Mkhitaryan Ibra Martial
United should be doing MUCH better. That's an experienced team that has very few weaknesses. Questions need to be asked why they can't score. Wenger would have that top four easy.

BobP

Memri Fan
Shaw is on around 100K a week, if he needs to be mollycoddled then perhaps United isn't the club for him.

There's a difference between mollycoddling and openly antagonizing a player.

It's normal to be disappointed with the performances of a player, it happens. But you take them aside in private and work through the issues, you don't blabber on about it to the press.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean has he really been given a chance? I think this is just Mourinho all over, carry the smallest grudges with players and chuck them under the bus.

The lad doesn't seem the sharpest in the shed but he's struggled with injuries and I think this whole media storm is covering up how Utd are still misfiring pretty badly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
2014 Jose:
C80GfLKWsAAT8F3.jpg

2017:
C80GfMDWAAIHDdf.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom