• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Geoff Shreeves: Arsène, was that a terrible performance and a terrible result for you tonight?

Arsène Wenger: I felt that they won decisive duels. We created quite dangerous situations but defensively I think we were exposed many times. Offensively we couldn’t finish. I think the first-half was quite level and then they come out in the second-half stronger than us and we were a bit unfortunate I think on the second goal, and on the third goal it was a penalty that killed our game.

He's ****ing joking right? Level in the first half? Is he ****ing smoking crack?

He's quite literally on a different plain of existence to us in terms of sanity.

happyhappy

Geoff Shreeves: Arsène, was that a terrible performance and a terrible result for you tonight?

Arsène Wenger: I felt that they won decisive duels. We created quite dangerous situations but defensively I think we were exposed many times. Offensively we couldn’t finish. I think the first-half was quite level and then they come out in the second-half stronger than us and we were a bit unfortunate I think on the second goal, and on the third goal it was a penalty that killed our game.

He's ****ing joking right? Level in the first half? Is he ****ing smoking crack?

The club needs to check him into a mental hospital.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine still taking anything Wenger says in press conferences and interviews seriously :lol:

There are plenty of things to beat Wenger over the head with. What he says to these click bait vultures who even manage to twist his diplomatic, aseptic statements into something more than the nothingness they are, isn't one of them.

Preacher

Always Crying
Arsenal conceded three goals in four consecutive away league games for the first time in 88 years (Sep 1929)

7 defeats in 12 games:
C9G3gzMXcAATuc_.jpg

Sackable set of results.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The only way Wenger will go is if the BoD decide it. Its clear from his comments that he plans to stay, regardless of where we finish or the outcome of the FA Cup.

“The defeat is damaging, of course, but I’m disappointed and determined to put things right,” said Wenger.

If this was his last season he would have announced it by now. Defeat after defeat and nothing changes, he's staying, unless our spineless empty scrotum of a board decide he's not.

mm76

Yer Da
I can't believe Wenger wouldn't announce his retirement right now, but
I guess he's hoping they can win the FA Cup

If we lose to City he must go surely.

But if we make the final then he will hang on until then and that loses precious time to tap up someone new.

We won't win the final but if we do then it will be another two years... I always want Arsenal to win but that will be a big price to pay for one FAC

I was glad Gazidis was there - you could see in his face he knew the score - both literally and petaphorically

I pray to God our board is starting to make inquiries

Anyway as we all know he should announce he's going and then everyone can try to win the FAC for him - we would all be behind that knowing it wouldn't mean another two years

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The way the press report his contract situation is that he was offered a two year contract and it's just a matter of signing it. "Two year offer still on the table" is what they keep saying. Surely now it's just a matter of taking a chainsaw to the table and then using it for firewood?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's quite literally on a different plain of existence to us in terms of sanity.
He doesn't truly believe he gets things wrong. When it comes down to it, he just convinces himself that he was right--it's only the other team and his players that made him wrong. So he's still right... :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whole clubs feels a mess, even the U23s playing with three senior players that shouldn't be here and Iwobi.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The only way Wenger will go is if the BoD decide it. Its clear from his comments that he plans to stay, regardless of where we finish or the outcome of the FA Cup.

“The defeat is damaging, of course, but I’m disappointed and determined to put things right,” said Wenger.

If this was his last season he would have announced it by now. Defeat after defeat and nothing changes, he's staying, unless our spineless empty scrotum of a board decide he's not.
:bounce::lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger must take responsibility for the performances on the pitch and the players he chooses to buy or not buy.
That is all that he is responsible for. He loves Arsenal and he loves football. Ofcourse he won't accept that he has failed and will try and put right what has gone wrong this season. Maybe there's more to it, maybe he knows Alexis and Özil are already gone, maybe the players do to.

He doesn't need to answer for himself and he doesnt need to resign and say that he has failed. ThaT isn't his job. That is the boards job. The board decide whether to keep or sack him.

I cannot believe Arsenal fans are angry that he won't resign. He shouldn't have to. He needs to be sacked.

If you ran a business and you hired someone who took care of your affairs but then went downhill with everyone around them complaining about their performance in management. Would you wait for that person to resign because they believe they can do better?

This isn't a case of a manager trying to achieve something he has never done. Wenger has won the double and got to the final of the Champions League. In his mind he can get back to that. So he will believe that and he has the right to. His future should be in the boards hands and that is the problem. They just hide behind an old man just trying to do his best.

mm76

Yer Da
I cannot believe Arsenal fans are angry that he won't resign. He shouldn't have to. He needs to be sacked.

they're angry about both things i suspect:

- that Wenger basically controls the club and the board haven't the guts to sack him

- that given that situaton he then won't realise it's time to go

The answer's actually quite simple as i've said before - he takes an important-sounding job upstairs where he can't do any harm, and have someone else buy players, select the team and set them up to win games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom