• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always of the belief that Wenger will be staying on after this season as long as a top four finish is achieved. I believe this is the reason why there is a "delay" in his announcement. It struck me during his post match interview, when asked about his future, he became a mix of defensive, resigned and desperate. He has always been quite philosophical about life and has made it very clear that retirement now would be like "death" for him and I think he is delaying this potential outcome for as long as is mathematically possible.

notafan

I was always of the belief that Wenger will be staying on after this season as long as a top four finish is achieved. I believe this is the reason why there is a "delay" in his announcement. It struck me during his post match interview, when asked about his future, he became a mix of defensive, resigned and desperate. He has always been quite philosophical about life and has made it very clear that retirement now would be like "death" for him and I think he is delaying this potential outcome for as long as is mathematically possible.

That statement is extremely chilling, and suggests that however "philosophical" an impression he gives, he is now neither a wise nor a well-balanced person. What has happened at Arsenal over the last few years has all the makings of a Greek tragedy - where a person's fate is due to flaws in his/her character. I think that Arsène Wenger has now reached the stage where he seriously needs psychiatric counselling, but suspect he will be too arrogant/proud to seek it.

VancouverCanuck

It should never be Wenger's decision in the first place.

The board should take responsibility and offer the contract to someone who is capable of taking us forward.

regniw

He gave you what you wanted, a midfield of Xhaka and Elneny

We got the most embarassing performance of the season as a result but at least he's listening to the fans. He shouldn't, but you can't have it both ways.

Deal.

scytheavatar

Established Member

It's a freaking terrible excuse for him delaying the announcement, there's only 1 reason for him to be allowed to manage us next season. If he knows what went wrong this season and what needs to be done to make sure next season is different. If he has confidence in himself steadying the ship he should just announce he's staying, the fans will complain but will shut up when they see results. If he doesn't have confidence in himself then why the freak does he want to remain?

happyhappy

It's a freaking terrible excuse for him delaying the announcement, there's only 1 reason for him to be allowed to manage us next season. If he knows what went wrong this season and what needs to be done to make sure next season is different. If he has confidence in himself steadying the ship he should just announce he's staying, the fans will complain but will shut up when they see results. If he doesn't have confidence in himself then why the freak does he want to remain?

Whatever the reason he has, it is time for him to go. He must go.

We are now stucked with more deadwoods, and this time even more expensive ones. For this reason i can't see us splashing cash on top quality players, we are looking at over 100Mil or even 150Mil for an overhaul. It is not going to happen.

More importantly is the younger players and especially the english core just keep going backwards. This can't be happening with all the english players, wilshere, gibbs, ox and the list goes on.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Nothing will be announced until after our fate in the FA Cup is determined. If we win the semis it will be delayed until after the final. It the last straw he has to grasp on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Geoff Shreeves: Arsène, was that a terrible performance and a terrible result for you tonight?

Arsène Wenger: I felt that they won decisive duels. We created quite dangerous situations but defensively I think we were exposed many times. Offensively we couldn’t finish. I think the first-half was quite level and then they come out in the second-half stronger than us and we were a bit unfortunate I think on the second goal, and on the third goal it was a penalty that killed our game.

He's ****ing joking right? Level in the first half? Is he ****ing smoking crack?

Ashybashy86

If this is allowed to happen, it'll take 'Fergie Time' to a new level.
Can't just keep giving him extra time until he fixes up. Besides, unlike Fergie, Wenger won't end up winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom