• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
830x532_tweet-griezmann-enflamme-reseaux-sociaux

Still can't believe we let this guy score

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Don’t let big score lines against teams like West Ham fool you, for 80 minutes that game was dire.
Yeah we're not in disagreement on that one mate.

At least the boys looked like they wanted to be there tonight. A man got sent off, you usually exploit that with width...... we don’t have 1 winger in the squad.

We just have to face facts, this is as good as it gets at the moment, Özil, welbeck, jack, xhaka and to an extent Rambo have never been clinical players, they apart from Rambo are all poor finishers.... no surprise we don’t kill teams off. Remember when we used to have 2 or 3 players at least in double figures?
I guess there are different ways to show you "want it". I agree that the tempo tonight has been better than in most PL games, but in all honesty we've seen this same type of tempo in all out 1st leg EL games. This is the standard really, it just proves that they're totally indifferent about the league. So personally I'm not going to be pleased because they've decided to play at a respectable tempo, that should be the standard for every game. But for a European semi final against a top class team in an emotionally significant game and when they're down to 10 men for +80mins ? It wasn't enough.

Left, right, left, right, left, right. Swing in a hopeful cross from the byline or the edge of the box. This is my nightmare. I have PTSD from years of games like this against the likes of Sunderland, Blackburn and Co. if they can defend against it then Atletico without a doubt can.

Maybe I have an erroneous understanding, but ordinarily you'd exploit being a man up with width if you've got pace, space and quick switching of play. Slow build up from side to side with the wingers camped in their half with no space to run into behind? No way width can exploit that, Atletico have got all the time in the world to get set.

Laca looks like he has a leap to be fair to him, but if we couldn't do it when we had a lamppost like Giroud then it's insanity to think we could do it tonight. I don't blame Wenger at all for individual mistakes like the one our defence committed tonight, beyond shouldering some blame for buying them I actually sympathise with him when they let him down. But from an attacking sense we need a different approach, a plan B, something beyond slow tedious left right left right aimlessly swing in a cross.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hate home games in European knock out games, the away rule messes me up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't get how his name has come up..

I love Giroud, probably more than most, but we've lost European games with him in the side. Do I need to bring up Monaco?

People will soon forget about him when Auba and Laca are scoring for ****s and giggles next season. The future is bright.

Yeah tbf Ramsey did all he could with his header and it was a proper Giroud-esque header from Laca anyway.

Just need to sort it out at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom