• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlitobrigante

Mostly this season he was incredibly frustrating to watch at Arsenal, but such a talent.

Still so young, and his quality on the ball and his physical attributes make him well worth persevering with.

Could be a massive star with a bit of luck and some quality coaching.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Plays really well for Nigeria... Must be his Arsenal teammates' fault that he's not very productive for us.

:D

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Plays really well for Nigeria... Must be his Arsenal teammates' fault that he's not very productive for us.

:D
He did play well for us a while back when he was playing down the middle. Looked good in that position.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or does Iwobi seem insanely Strong, like every time I watch him players seem to bounce off him and is almost never physically shrugged off the ball or out muscled.

No it's not just you. He is easily one of the strongest footballers on the ball in world football. It's not an exaggeration. He knows exactly how to shield the ball and how to shift his body weight.

Iwobi has everything you need to be a world class box to box midfielder. He has an excellent weight of pass, he can tackle, he is strong, he can see a pass, he can drive with the ball and his close control is excellent. What he doesn't have is the desire and fitness to run back defensively as he would going forward. He also has limited knowledge in a positional sense. However if coached he could develop really quickly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi's issue is confidence imo. He has the technical ability and the ability to pass. I'd say his early shooting ability we saw when he first broke onto the scene isnt really his style.

Can defo be of use as an inside wide player which Emery apparently likes, or as a 3rd CM

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jurys relationship with Özil is something you can only see in relationships from serial killers with their mothers.
:lol: He does play great more often than not for his country though, no? Why not theorise that it’s the fault of his teammates or his manager that he’s not as consistent for Arsenal? I don’t believe it’s true, but people do this for other players.... I wouldn’t want to shine a light on anything more sinister... but I know a few who might ;)

Reactions: Jae

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

He basically played central midfield this game.

That's why I would have no issue with selling Ramsey if he doesn't sign. A midfield trio of Xhaka ,AMN and Iwobi could be coached and developed.

I have no issue selling Ramsey but...

Coached and developed to achieve what? Because I'm sorry but that midfield is nowhere near CL standard.

ksarp

His biggest obstacle is his mindset. Unfortunately he comes from that Wenger - Wilshere-Gibbs offshoot. These guys have no mental fortitude.. Done nothing but feel entitled. Unai has a three year contract and he's not going to babysit anyone. Time to step up or step out.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Not getting into that Nigeria starting 11 is pretty alarming to say the least...
Unless ofc he had some kind of injury

TakeChillPill

Established Member
No surprises Nigeria played well without.him. mindset is definitely an issue has everything, has a tonne of potential and could really excellent in CM.

Hope emery can help bring the best out of him.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Make or break season for him. He will be shipped out if he doesn't improve on his performances. This is ruthless Arsenal atm unlike previous years where average players were handed improved contracts.

Song Billong

Huge season coming up for him. I wonder where he will figure in Emery's plans? We really need him to take his game to the next level (which I believe he can) so that our squad options are rounded out.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Only two years on his deal so imagine talks will be starting soon.

All senior players under 28 on long deals now apart from Iwobi, Ramsey & Welbeck. Looks like club policy.

Mraven

Make or break season for him. He will be shipped out if he doesn't improve on his performances. This is ruthless Arsenal atm unlike previous years where average players were handed improved contracts.

Iwobi is an academy product who has shown he has all the tools to be a top player in the league. Just need to put it all together. Consistently. I don’t see him being shipped out unless his attitude really stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom