• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Whether you are Emery out or Emery in or neutral , next season is make or break for Arsenal football club . This season has raised more questions than answers , Should have seen Emery's vision implemented by now but I'm seeing all parts of this team disintergrating .

Hexagon9

Not sure how we could replace him though with no CEO, no Sporting Director & the scouting system up in the air.

Who is qualified to run the appointment process & what high level manager would join that situation? Its a mess above him.

Agree. There’s little point in saying we want Pep/Klopp/Whoever, we might as well say we want the Manchester City squad too with the addition of Messi!

Our squad needs a serious overhaul and that will take a great deal of skill given our resources.

On a different note, what is Steve Bould’s role at the club?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I do feel Ten Hag would be excellent for us. Hope he stays at Ajax for a while, because he was linked with Chelsea and Sp**s recently. And I want to see Emery in the next season here first before I judge him.
Did you see that interview with I think Tadic about that training game where they had to score within a time limit of getting the ball otherwise it didn’t count? I loved that, you can see it in how fast the players combine and release the ball even in the opponent’s box, like every second counts. Maybe we should try it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’ve improved in some areas and stood still in others. Just because you don’t like the football doesn’t mean we’ve gone backwards.
Last season aside, some of the stats from this season are the worst they’ve been for 25 years.

Football is terrible. We’ve done well in some big games like Chelsea and Sp**s but most clubs are doing well against them.

Don’t forget we signed 4/5 players to improve from last season and we’ve barely improved, and that was the worst Wenger season ever.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Let's not try become manutd every year changing manager is made them worse. Emery signed 2 years contract if he not deliver next year then his contract shouldn't be renewed

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Did you see that interview with I think Tadic about that training game where they had to score within a time limit of getting the ball otherwise it didn’t count? I loved that, you can see it in how fast the players combine and release the ball even in the opponent’s box, like every second counts. Maybe we should try it.

Didn't see it, will look it up!

Axel9090

2 things

Emery was given a squad that is far from the finished product. In comparison to the other clubs, we were overachieving when taking all things into consideration but fell short at the final hurdle. Im happy to keep Emery, but big changes are needed. We need some really slick wingers who can cause problems for example. A lot of deadwood has to be removed as well.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm not sure how much of this crap is Emery, we've been good in parts this season, we looked a different team as well BUT our players just seem to revert back to before and lose interest now they know Emery and the new manager novelty has worn off.

I wish we could just swap out the squad for another instead of changing manager, we have so much trash its crazy, that bench today was so uninspiring.

If we were to get a new manager though I would 100% want Simeone, not interested in anyone else. I'll happily watch a few years of defensive result driven football and hope to see Simeone and his bear looking assistant make some of the squad cry.

dbig

Said it early in the season we were riding our luck. Some lucky wins due to poor finishing from opposing teams and PEA's incredible early season form. I can't see any improvements. The early season wins were papering over the cracks. We're just as poor if not worse than last season. Played better against the top 4-5 teams but worse against almost everyone else.

Attack has been incoherent, midfield still dysfunctional, and defense leaky. We have also added some new players and kept the core of the team from last season, so I expected better especially with Mourinho imploding and Sarri not delivering.

He probably should have been braver and blooded more youngsters earlier in the season as well.

I think he'll get another season and I hope we see some dramatic improvements after he has more time to work with the players he has and get some of his own in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom