• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't recall another team winning a game of football hurting me this much. I hope I can find peace in something unrelated to football, because if football were a man subjecting me to this much pain and humiliation, he'd spend life behind bars and I'd need a new bottom hole.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just want to say Auba would have missed that chance at 4-0 Origi scored.
Either that or Laca would have missed the chance that made it 3-0.

We have these kind of performances in us but players cost us, players bottling cost us wins at Chelsea and Sp**s off the top of my head and that’s just this season.

By the way, I’m terrified that Sp**s are going to turn up tomorrow. Your boys need to do the world a favour here.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't recall another team winning a game of football hurting me this much
Same! I physically felt defeated and like drained after it was all over. Can’t describe the feeling but it was ****.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Not tough at all. Go the Emirates Stadium and ask your question there. On the internet people spend too much time looking jealously at others rather than enjoying their own triumphs.

I follow football to watch the Arsenal not to give a **** about what anyone else does but to prefer for Arsenal not to win something for some fake trade-off for a team you don't like not winning? Bizarre. You think the Madrid, Barcelona fans appreciate your support when they win because they've beaten someone you don't like? they don't give a ****.

It's a small team mentality to concern yourself with your rivals losing rather than winning yourself. Sp uds used to be like that with us for years, precisely because they are a small team.

Pretty much this.

We’re in the Europa league so yeah, I want to win it.

As I said above, I’ve been to three Euro finals and lost the bloody lot having missed the one we somehow managed to win.

I ended up pissing all over my shoes against Zaragoza (don’t ask), having my coach smashed up by a Turkish nutter whilst driving along the ****ing motorway back to the airport and soaked to the skin against Barca.

So please god, I’d take a win against Chelski or Frankfurt any day of the week - and trust that spuds will find a way to duck it up. Again. Don’t really give a **** about Pool.

blaze_of_glory

Looks like it is a tough decision. The opinions are 50/50.

I would rather not win the EL to see Liverpool or Sp**s to lose the CL final. Who remembers Utd winning the EL in 2016? Nobody cared but Chelsea winning the CL before us is still hard to take.
Winning EL would be huge for our club, especially now. Would be the biggest success we've had in Europe (one could argue making the 2006 CL final is bigger, but we lost it) and would propel us back into the CL where we belong.

Want that all day. And us winning it will have no effect on who wins the CL this year, so why even frame it as a choice? Yeah it would be unthinkably horrible for Sp**s to win the CL, but we need to take what we can regardless.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Winning EL would be huge for our club, especially now. Would be the biggest success we've had in Europe (one could argue making the 2006 CL final is bigger, but we lost it) and would propel us back into the CL where we belong.

Want that all day. And us winning it will have no effect on who wins the CL this year, so why even frame it as a choice? Yeah it would be unthinkably horrible for Sp**s to win the CL, but we need to take what we can regardless.

And don’t forget, assuming Spuds don’t win the CL, if we win the EL we get CL and they get EL next year despite finishing (probably) 4th - which would be very, very funny. Needs a few results to come together but very possible.

Gamefaced

To be honest i'll take Liverpool winning the CL as long as it stops Sp*rs. As long as we win the Europa as well i can live through the summer. I would love Ajax to go on and win the thing, but i can't see them doing it.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
And don’t forget, assuming Spuds don’t win the CL, if we win the EL we get CL and they get EL next year despite finishing (probably) 4th - which would be very, very funny. Needs a few results to come together but very possible.
Is that true? I thought, in order for that to happen, teams not in the CL spots (top 4) would have to win both the CL and EL to knock out the 4th placed team, which wouldn't be possible since United have already been knocked out of the CL.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

While I agree with this the club would probably end up with sanogo level players from lower teams. Why do all of our signings go wrong
Transfer flops just happen more frequently in the market we mainly shop in. At the end of the day, the more you spend the better chance of the signing being a success.

To be honest we do quite well when we shop in the premium market. Özil, Laca and Auba have all been successful signings imo, we just need to focus on quality over quantity going forward.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Transfer flops just happen more frequently in the market we mainly shop in. At the end of the day, the more you spend the better chance of the signing being a success.

To be honest we do quite well when we shop in the premium market. Özil, Laca and Auba have all been successful signings imo, we just need to focus on quality over quantity going forward.
Ffs Trills, don't you go down that path.

Let's play Aubamawang

Fair play to 'Pool for that incredible comeback. The sort we always fall short of. I wasn't impressed with some of their antics at corners though. Blocking the goalkeeper off on the line being the main one. But that last goal...some would call it clever, others unsporting because it looked like someone else was coming over to take it, so Barca lost focus, then played it in anyway. Just didn't seem very sporting to me.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Fair play to 'Pool for that incredible comeback. The sort we always fall short of. I wasn't impressed with some of their antics at corners though. Blocking the goalkeeper off on the line being the main one. But that last goal...some would call it clever, others unsporting because it looked like someone else was coming over to take it, so Barca lost focus, then played it in anyway. Just didn't seem very sporting to me.

There probably was a time when Trent Alexander-Arnold would have paid a physical price for that later on. But it was Barcelona's own fault for being asleep. The focus just wasn't there for them today (credit to Liverpool).

Let's play Aubamawang

There probably was a time when Trent Alexander-Arnold would have paid a physical price for that later on. But it was Barcelona's own fault for being asleep. The focus just wasn't there for them today (credit to Liverpool).
Oh I agree Barca came in to the game thinking it was over. I just don't agree with tricking the opposition for a free goal. It's no better than that guy scoring against Matt Macey when he tried to roll the ball out of play to get treatment.

VancouverCanuck

I am sorry but I cannot disagree with you more. With the exceptions of Van Dijk and Allison, all the other players they have bought in recent years are within our price range, including Suarez, Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino, and Robertson.

And if things don't work out and when their players want out, they managed to get good money out of their assets (Suarez and Coutinho). While we decide to leave 60m on the table for Alexis, and got absolutely nothing in return for Welbeck and Ramsey.

This is textbox financial mismanagement. At the end of the day, we got exactly we deserved. 5th place and hoping our domestic rivals to mess up so we can don't feel not as bad about ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom