• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Never been a massive Zaha fan tbh. Always thought he was a bit of a show pony. Very recently he’s added a bit of end product but his numbers still aren’t fantastic- you’d think that would improve with us.

A pacey, skilful, direct wide player who is acclimatised to PL football sounds tempting. No chance we’re stumping up upwards of £60M though- maybe chuck in Iwobi and Jenko as a sweetener.

Plutarch

I'd love Zaha here, he'd be great for us. I can hardly remember when we last had a decent winger. But I expect we can't afford him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
You were chatting ****, and making it sounds as if that's all people do, beg for your boy's money.

People want him out, and have their own reasons for it but because you love Kroenke you once again felt the need to defend him. Lovely story.
Just ignore him on this topic, mate. In the Kroenke thread he was defending Kroenke's invisible handling of the club letting it fester. Apparently FFP also prevented Kroenke from familiarizing himself with the sport, taking an interest in the club, hiring competent people to run it or at least getting rid of the incompetent personnel he hired.

If he is not being paid to astroturf, then he is doing it for free.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You were chatting ****, and making it sounds as if that's all people do, beg for your boy's money.

People want him out, and have their own reasons for it but because you love Kroenke you once again felt the need to defend him. Lovely story.

I'm interested in the truth and in understanding how things work. Whatever my feelings about Kroenke may be, I will speak the truth to fake news and misinformation. If you want to know what I think of Kroenke, take a look at posts where Ive actually given an opinion of Kroenke rather than posts where I'm just trying to explain why he can't just cut a check to the club to buy players. Here's one:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-29-at-9-36-55-PM.png

If you can't comprehend my posts in context or if you can't separate an acceptance of the reality of the situation from feelings toward Kroenke the person, that's your problem, not mine. Maybe it's my career in journalism (real journalism, not the clickbait kind), but I'm able to separate my personal feelings from the issues at hand. When I know something is wrong -- be it FFP restrictions or these myths of Kroenke as the Great White Hunter in Africa or as a buddy to Trump or a supporter of his campaign -- I'll say so, I really don't give a steaming crap how much you criticize Kroenke as long as you stick to the facts and to reason. I will speak the truth. If it bothers you to hear the truth or gets your panties in a twist that I don't join you with the pitchforks and torches (a pointless exercise since Kroenke owns the club, doesn't give a crap what you or I think, and will run it like he wants to run it), that's just too bad. Facts are facts, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm interested in the truth and in understanding how things work. Whatever my feelings about Kroenke may be, I will speak the truth to fake news and misinformation. If you want to know what I think of Kroenke, take a look at posts where Ive actually given an opinion of Kroenke rather than posts where I'm just trying to explain why he can't just cut a check to the club to buy players. Here's one:

If you can't comprehend my posts in context or if you can't separate an acceptance of the reality of the situation from feelings toward Kroenke the person, that's your problem, not mine. Maybe it's my career in journalism (real journalism, not the clickbait kind), but I'm able to separate my personal feelings from the issues at hand. When I know something is wrong -- be it FFP restrictions or these myths of Kroenke as the Great White Hunter in Africa or as a buddy to Trump or a supporter of his campaign -- I'll say so, I really don't give a steaming crap how much you criticize Kroenke as long as you stick to the facts and to reason. I will speak the truth. If it bothers you to hear the truth or gets your panties in a twist that I don't join you with the pitchforks and torches (a pointless exercise since Kroenke owns the club, doesn't give a crap what you or I think, and will run it like he wants to run it), that's just too bad. Facts are facts, whether you like it or not.
I'm with you,mate - if anyone is serious about changing the situation first he must understand it - just raging at Kroenke on a forum on the other side of the Atlantic won't do it

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm with you,mate - if anyone is serious about changing the situation first he must understand it - just raging at Kroenke on a forum on the other side of the Atlantic won't do it

Looking at the situation & how utterly powerless we are, what other recourse do we have?

The least we can do is vent our frustrations on the figure at the centre of the catastrophe that is Arsenal Football Club.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Same with Wenger and Brexit. Once people have an idea in their head they just look for evidence to support it. The truth gets booted out of the window.

Having said that I’m no fan of Kroenke. Many owners are ruthless business men often with very dubious backgrounds but I’d rather have one with some actual passion for the club.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Stan Kroenke can spend his own money on the club. The claim that he cannot do so is pure propaganda and those who swallow this propaganda are stupid. He is our biggest problem right now so i get annoyed when self-proclaimed Arsenal fans try to defend the greedy cvnt. And no, i will not trust you just because you are a left wing boomer who works as a journalist.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Stan Kroenke can spend his own money on the club. The claim that he cannot do so is pure propaganda and those who swallow this propaganda are stupid. He is our biggest problem right now so i get annoyed when self-proclaimed Arsenal fans try to defend the greedy cvnt. And no, i will not trust you just because you are a left wing boomer who works as a journalist.
Yeah, but worth trusting him because he actually knows what he’s talking about bro.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great story, nobody cares about your journalist background.

Truth, which truth? You're nothing but a slanderous fool.

Two people(Yousif and Holland_Gooner) in this thread menitoned Kroenke, Yousif wanted him to "write a check" as you would describe it:

Seriously need to show some ambition at once make a statement signing force kroenke to give us extra funds

Without any major sale or a miracle happen and kroenke inject 100M in our budget. This thing ain't happening

So instead of adressing Yousif directly, you made this pathetic generalizing statement, acting superior, as if you're better than the rest of the forum because you apparently know the rules of the FFP:

I'm officially giving up on trying to get people to understand that Kroenke couldn't cut a check to Arsenal to buy players even if he wanted to because it's illegal under FFP. I'm going to just try to do my best to ignore all the screaming for him to give the club the money to buy Player X or Player Y every time someone wants a player Arsenal might not be able to afford at the quoted price.

*Sigh*

Now stick your journalist truthness up yours. You're nothing but a glorified and arrogant John Cross.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

he already spent hundreds of millions to buy Arsenal, his money. He is not obliged to give us any so we can buy players, and is doing it right, letting his employees do their job and make us money we can then spend

Fouz

he already spent hundreds of millions to buy Arsenal, his money. He is not obliged to give us any so we can buy players, and is doing it right, letting his employees do their job and make us money we can then spend

He hired those employees, why aren't you holding him accountable for their incompetence? All those players leaving on a free etc.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He hired those employees, why aren't you holding him accountable for their incompetence? All those players leaving on a free etc.
cause we are not talking about that.
Talk was about K giving us his own money to spend on players, which is not how a club should be run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom