• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
This!

Teams seem to really enjoy kicking us, both on and off the pitch. Not exactly sure what we did to deserve this. :lol:

A guy i know played for leeds youth a long time ago. He was there when lukic was there.

He said to me about arsenal and why teams kick them is no matter who arsenal were playing and no matter what day they would turn up all suited and walk around arrogant like they owned the place. Its probably stemmed from that, even Özil now walks around like he owns the football ground :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
I’m sure Palace would love to trade in their best player for two heaps of ****e and a decent player while at the same time increasing their wage bill.

They should take a risk on Elneny, could end up fine for their level, and his value could even go up if he does well there. Jenks is a question mark in general based on last season. Zaha is on 130k/wk, btw, and Elneny has already indicated he is willing to take a pay cut to move (currently on 55k/wk), although not sure if that would only be for a move to France.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
“Arsenal will point out”

Yeah I’m sure Crystal Palace’s panel of industry experts didn’t realise that. That journalist should be ashamed of himself.

'Journalists' like to do this often. Point out some mind boggling obvious fact. Surprised they didn't add 'Arsenal will also point out they will be mainly paying in cash, cash which palace can use to buy players or keep it'.

Stan be like:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Are you quoting your self???

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
You can turn down 40M, no one is surprised by that. I meant if you turn down 60M. It is all speculation but the latest is that sources close to Zaha have told Sky palace are demanding 100M.

Begs the question why try it on and offer 40m when bound to be rejected out of hand and raise hackles?

Smacks of big club mentality and arguably disrespectful to the player you say is your No 1 target.

Palace finished closer to you last season than you were to Man City and Liverpool. We turned you over at the Emirates and got four points out of six.

Zaha is worth 100m to Palace. Every season he is instrumental in keeping us up is worth another £120m to Parish. Everyone has his price, but if it came down to just money Parish would not sell for less than his worth to Palace. If Arsenal and Palace are talking still, its out of respect to Wilf.

"Sources close to Zaha" presumably means his brothers, who with all due respect give the appearance of being less than professional members of the entourage and, in the case of one brother, a past he might want to forget.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Begs the question why try it on and offer 40m when bound to be rejected out of hand and raise hackles?

Smacks of big club mentality and arguably disrespectful to the player you say is your No 1 target.

Palace finished closer to you last season than you were to Man City and Liverpool. We turned you over at the Emirates and got four points out of six.

Zaha is worth 100m to Palace. Every season he is instrumental in keeping us up is worth another £120m to Parish. Everyone has his price, but if it came down to just money Parish would not sell for less than his worth to Palace. If Arsenal and Palace are talking still, its out of respect to Wilf.

"Sources close to Zaha" presumably means his brothers, who with all due respect give the appearance of being less than professional members of the entourage and, in the case of one brother, a past he might want to forget.

Your club should atleast reach Europa League before you compare it to Arsenal. We are in decline but you are not anywhere near us.

Iceman10

Established Member

Our man in charge of transfers did the same to us previously, on behalf of Barca, to force us to sell Cesc. I don't see any evidence the player has taken offence. To the contrary (?), hoping the clubs can work something out.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Your club should atleast reach Europa League before you compare it to Arsenal. We are in decline but you are not anywhere near us.

Fact remains. Wilf wants Champions League. Palace respect his ambition to play on the highest stage.

But Arsenal can't offer him a guarantee of that next season, or the season after, any more than Palace can. Why would he go to a team you say is in decline?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fact remains. Wilf wants Champions League. Palace respect his ambition to play on the highest stage.

But Arsenal can't offer him a guarantee of that next season, or the season after, any more than Palace can. Why would he go to a team you say is in decline?

There's no guarantees in football but firstly he will play European football next year and if you think Palace has a better chance to secure top 4 next season than Arsenal set the beer down.

Arsenal are a much bigger club than Palace.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
There's no guarantees in football but firstly he will play European football next year and if you think Palace has a better chance to secure top 4 next season than Arsenal set the beer down.

Arsenal are a much bigger club than Palace.

No-ones arguing that as a statement of the obvious.

But Zaha's "understanding" with Parish seems to be an agreement that Palace will not unreasonably stand in the way of him achieving his ambition to play Champions League if an offer is made approaching Palace's valuation.

A move to Arsenal is a step in the direction of Champions League, but it does not take him there. The lowball opening offer will have further damaged Zaha's "good faith" negotiating position.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
The only fact that concerns Arsenal is that he wants to sign for us, had he only wanted CL we wouldn't be having this pointless discussion so stop with this tripe, it's obviously not true.

This logic would make more sense if Zaha played for a top 6 team or one of the teams looking to break into the top 6, as it stands he plays for a team fighting relegation every season. To suggest that Arsenal offer as much of a guarantee of finishing in a Cl spot as Palace do is moronic and delusional. Not to mention that despite our woes we still reached a European final, something Crystal Palace will not do in our lifetime. The idea that Arsenal, even in a so called decline, is not infinitely more attractive than Crystal Palace of all teams is laughable and verging on the point of trolling.

Is anyone else growing tired of the fact that every time we are linked with a much weaker teams players we always get a fan or two signing up just to tell us how comparable their much much smaller club is, how they can't understand why their best player would possibly want a move to the minnows that are Arsenal? It's getting old.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
The only fact that concerns Arsenal is that he wants to sign for us, had he only wanted CL we wouldn't be having this pointless discussion so stop with this tripe, it's obviously not true.

This logic would make more sense if Zaha played for a top 6 team or one of the teams looking to break into the top 6, as it stands he plays for a team fighting relegation every season. To suggest that Arsenal offer as much of a guarantee of finishing in a Cl spot as Palace do is moronic and delusional. Not to mention that despite our woes we still reached a European final, something Crystal Palace will not do in our lifetime. The idea that Arsenal, even in a so called decline, is not infinitely more attractive than Crystal Palace of all teams is laughable and verging on the point of trolling.

Is anyone else growing tired of the fact that every time we are linked with a much weaker teams players we always get a fan or two signing up just to tell us how comparable their much much smaller club is, how they can't understand why their best player would possibly want a move to the minnows that are Arsenal? It's getting old.

Thanks. That put me in my place.

Fact still remains that Wilf's only gone public that he wants to play Champions League next season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/15/wilf...nts-leave-join-champions-league-club-9560948/

Not that he wants to sign for Arsenal (who cant offer him CL next season).

At AFCON
Pushed on whether he would like to play for Arsenal, Zaha replied: ‘I don’t know… we’ll see in the future.’

Arsenio Venger

Thanks. That put me in my place.

Fact still remains that Wilf's only gone public that he wants to play Champions League next season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/15/wilf...nts-leave-join-champions-league-club-9560948/

Not that he wants to sign for Arsenal (who cant offer him CL next season).

At AFCON
Pushed on whether he would like to play for Arsenal, Zaha replied: ‘I don’t know… we’ll see in the future.’

He could’ve easily said no. I don’t know definitely indicates that he’s thinking about it. He’s not gonna be straight up “YES PLEASE.”

Iceman10

Established Member
No-ones arguing that as a statement of the obvious.

But Zaha's "understanding" with Parish seems to be an agreement that Palace will not unreasonably stand in the way of him achieving his ambition to play Champions League if an offer is made approaching Palace's valuation.

A move to Arsenal is a step in the direction of Champions League, but it does not take him there. The lowball opening offer will have further damaged Zaha's "good faith" negotiating position.

This is probably all of an unnecessary rabbit hole anyway as Arsenal is not only a big club, but it is also Zaha's boyhood club he would like to join.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
This is probably all of an unnecessary rabbit hole anyway as Arsenal is not only a big club, but it is also Zaha's boyhood club he would like to join.

Youre right Iceman. I think Ive been partying a little too much this evening as its all a bit Alice in Wonderland for me and im off looking for a rabbit hole myself.

My dad was a Sp**s fan due to the glory glory allelujah days of the sixties in Europe and black and white European Cup games on the tv. I dont have an excuse for being a palace fan - accident of birth I guess and the sash kit and Ian Wright... Your boyhood team never leaves you. I guess Wilf got swept up in the invincibles from Highbury before it all went wenger out at the library ( sorry :eek:ops: )

Iceman10

Established Member
Youre right Iceman. I think Ive been partying a little too much this evening as its all a bit Alice in Wonderland for me and im off looking for a rabbit hole myself.

My dad was a Sp**s fan due to the glory glory allelujah days of the sixties in Europe and black and white European Cup games on the tv. I dont have an excuse for being a palace fan - accident of birth I guess and the sash kit and Ian Wright... Your boyhood team never leaves you. I guess Wilf got swept up in the invincibles from Highbury before it all went wenger out at the library ( sorry :eek:ops: )

Amen regarding you and your passion for Palace, can see that. Palace is a great club, lots of history. Great fans. If I were a Palace fan in a different life I can imagine it would be a lot of fun, despite the ups and downs, as with at any club. I would never leave Arsenal, but tbh the entitlement among a certain faction is a bit much at times.

scytheavatar

Established Member

If we are his boyhood club then why the heck did he join Utd in the first place? Sounds to me like his loyalty to us is skin deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom