• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Sokratis and Koscielny completely bottled it in the EL final and had 0/10 performances but no one ever treats them as harsh as they do Mustafi, Koscielny who's had a career of constant **** ups-especially in big games- and has been a mainstay in many terrible defences gets revered like a legend.

What's hard to understand. Kos has plenty of credit in the bank for the good moments he's produced here. It's still early days for Sokratis but I'm sure he'd reach a mustafi point of dislike if he made as many brain farts as skodran does.....

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sokratis and Koscielny completely bottled it in the EL final and had 0/10 performances but no one ever treats them as harsh as they do Mustafi, Koscielny who's had a career of constant **** ups-especially in big games- and has been a mainstay in many terrible defences gets revered like a legend.
I don’t rate Kos. Well I do but I’ve always said the only thing that stops him from being elite is the fact that he bottles it time and time again in big games.

What is irritating about Mustafi is that he’s always trying to blame someone else for his mistakes.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Makes a daily appearance in the Lacazette thread to bash the player yet moans in the Mustafi thead. This guy:cool:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Makes a daily appearance in the Lacazette thread to bash the player yet moans in the Mustafi thead. This guy:cool:

My complaints are less about the players and more about how people rate certain players highly even though they haven't shown anything to deserve it while others get vilified even though they're not that different.

Look at how many people turned on Aubameyang last season when he had a few bad games, but when it's Lacazette everyone goes quiet. Koscielny makes mistakes in practically every game he's in but no one seems to point them out or you're called a troll. I'm just tryna make sense of it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don’t rate Kos. Well I do but I’ve always said the only thing that stops him from being elite is the fact that he bottles it time and time again in big games.

What is irritating about Mustafi is that he’s always trying to blame someone else for his mistakes.
Exactly this.

Mustafi has had plenty of pretty good overall performances in an Arsenal shirt, believe it or not. The problem is that in spite of these good performances, he's always at least 3 completely avoidable but unerringly inevitable brainfarts away from undoing all his good work in these same performances and this is something that happens 2 out of every 3 matches he plays in. No matter how well you might perform, it's difficult to trust somebody like that in central defense.

As error-prone as Koscielny was/is, the frequency with which he made mistakes paled in comparison to his level of performance. It's a false equivalence to suggest Koscielny and Mustafi are on the same plane, as Mustafi makes mistakes at a greater frequency to Koscielny - who's never been perfect but he's at least had a large number of good performances in the shirt that weren't sullied by his penchant for mistakes.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Exactly this.

Mustafi has had plenty of pretty good overall performances in an Arsenal shirt, believe it or not. The problem is that in spite of these good performances, he's always at least 3 completely avoidable but unerringly inevitable brainfarts away from undoing all his good work in these same performances and this is something that happens 2 out of every 3 matches he plays in. No matter how well you might perform, it's difficult to trust somebody like that in central defense.

As error-prone as Koscielny was/is, the frequency with which he made mistakes paled in comparison to his level of performance. It's a false equivalence to suggest Koscielny and Mustafi are on the same plane, as Mustafi makes mistakes at a greater frequency to Koscielny - who's never been perfect but he's at least had a large number of good performances in the shirt that weren't sullied by his penchant for mistakes.

but mustafi is the only one who can win the ball in the air. Sokratis, Kos, Xhaka, Doozi, Torreira, Bellerin, AMN, Kola ....none are good in the air....not even Leno ....mustafi is the man in the air...

Iceman10

Established Member

Kos also carried some benefit of the doubt early on as a low cost signing from Lorient. His frequency of errors in relation to high performance dropped to a point where many elite clubs across Europe would have loved to have taken him off our hands. Recent seasons he's had injury issues. Mustafi on the other hand was a 30m+ signing, never meant to a project, maybe some benefit of the doubt until second season for fully settling in. The errors with Mustafi are different also, almost always "brain farts", the type I don't see going away. We can't carry Mustafi, and the PL has constantly increased in level where Mustafi's type of errors end up more and more costly.

Token Yank

Koscielny was very very good for us for a handful of seasons. Probably could be argued he was top 5 CB across Europe at his peak. He has fallen off a cliff now due to age but it’s harsh to slag him off.

Mustafi is an abomination of a defender. I agree, he has excellent games or periods of matches where he can be dominate. But the mistakes he makes and the frequency of the mistakes are suicidal. It’s actually a disservice to call them mistakes or errors. There should be a new word created to define their stupidity. A mistake is spilling a beer. A Mustafi is like driving your car through the front door of a police station.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I can see Mustafi's agent asking the Club for a raise after today's events

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

"I don't think he is bad defender, I think I can improve him. I want to keep him here for next 5-10 years" - Emery after some game that Mustafi had 1/10 and stank up the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom