• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ornstein said we were looking to offload him after his first season here.

Considering how stubborn Wenger is with players he likes, touting Mustafi after a single season speaks volumes.

It's not definite that Wenger never wanted him but you can infer that he wasn't big on him.
Yeah, I know Wenger was ready to get rid of him after 1 season but it's hard to believe the club would sign a player for £35m if the manager didn't want him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah, I know Wenger was ready to get rid of him after 1 season but it's hard to believe the club would sign a player for £35m if the manager didn't want him.
I don't think it is. In his final years the power was visibly being stripped from AW. I'm not sure how much of a say he had at all in terms of signings in his last 3 years.This was indicated by him as well when mentioning 'the young greek' who he thought 'wasn't too bad but not ready yet'.
His whole demeanor towards journalists asking transfer questions was different. Certainly in his final season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No idea mate, think I read it in the New York Times recently (google it) but not sure where it came from. Like everything in football it’s all rumour unless the actual people involved make a statement.

Also at the time it was widely reported that it was Gazidis who did the deal with Mustafi’s agent. Probably because he came up on Stat DNA recommendations.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Have googled it. The story was in the Express, Sports News, Football.co.uk etc It appears it came from Football London and was recycled. Rinse repeat.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Shkodran-Mustafi-Premier-League-Ivan-Gazidis

lucky7

90k a week, 90 flippin k a week
I know people think we can move Mustafi, but the reality of the situation is that his wages will price him out of almost any move. Is anyone in the EPL interested in him? Is any top tier team interested in him? If not then we're talking about Turkey, China, and perhaps a team like Monaco or Marseille. Even the hopes of a team like Milan or Inter coming in are extreme long shots.

We will not be rid of him without a loan I think. By the time he's gone we will have spent 58.4m on him between fee and wages.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No idea mate, think I read it in the New York Times recently (google it) but not sure where it came from. Like everything in football it’s all rumour unless the actual people involved make a statement.
Have googled it. The story was in the Express, Sports News, Football.co.uk etc It appears it came from Football London and was recycled. Rinse repeat.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Shkodran-Mustafi-Premier-League-Ivan-Gazidis
Hmm, not sure about the failing New York Times and a bunch of tabloids being the best sources. I don't think it matters who signed him, at least Wenger recognised after a season that he wasn't the right fit. Think Mertesacker blowing his knee out that pre-season didn't help, wonder what they would have done with that £35m if he hadn't effectively suffered a career ending injury.

Token Yank

Going back to the first pages of this thread when he was fresh and new and we went on that winning streak after he signed with Kos/Mustafi pairing. Like reminiscing of the honeymoon stages of once promising relationship before it all went horrible wrong.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yes I have heard that Traxy , same with El neny . I don't mind either to tell the truth , Mustafi was probably out best defender at the end of the season .

The other thing that gave it away was Wenger tried to sell both at the end of their first season , unheard of if Wenger signs you he normally persists for at least 2 years .

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Just came here to say **** this guy and everything he stands for.

Sokratis and Koscielny completely bottled it in the EL final and had 0/10 performances but no one ever treats them as harsh as they do Mustafi, Koscielny who's had a career of constant **** ups-especially in big games- and has been a mainstay in many terrible defences gets revered like a legend.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Sokratis and Koscielny completely bottled it in the EL final and had 0/10 performances but no one ever treats them as harsh as they do Mustafi, Koscielny who's had a career of constant **** ups-especially in big games- and has been a mainstay in many terrible defences gets revered like a legend.

They get plenty of criticism. It's just that they have some good games as well, where Mustafi should be participating in the Paralympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom