• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
We'll see. Boils down to your valuation at 80m, if I'm not mistaken, vs. 65m by myself.

Just trying to read between the lines. It is up to Palace at the end of the day, As stated by myself and some others, we like Palace & fans (Wrighty history, etc.), and we want something that can work out for Palace out of this also.

Appreciate your point of view @Iceman10

Palace support Zaha's ambition for CL. He deserves it and we would wish him well. Had you qualified I think a friendly deal, honouring Parish's understanding with Wilf, could have been done right at the start of the window. You would have been more comfortable meeting Palace's valuation with CL money in the bank.

Just think Parish will conclude there is too much at stake to let Wilf go this season. If we get it wrong the price we pay could be relegation.

Stakes are high for you too, but as has been made clear by other posters you have other options and are facing a rebuilding process too.

Honestly feel also that there is not the will at Arsenal, having not made it to CL, to make a leap of faith to overpay for him and to share the pain by letting players you would rather keep go the other way to kick-start our rebuilding.

If Arsenal are still interested, I hope discussions are ongoing on players and that Raul keeps his box of tricks for Celtic.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
MUFC paid Palace a £50M world record fee on a player with just 12 month's first team experience. In that instance Parish was happy to cash in. I expect posters on AM were laughing at Woodward for being a mug.

Already, the MUFC fans are so blown away by AWB's pre-season that they are crowing that we got our pants pulled down.

Woodward appears to have called it right, but so did Palace. Both parties win.

Parish is not "desperate to cash in" on Zaha - why would he? Zaha is worth £100M for every year he stays as he more or less guarantees safety. Even if Zaha's value drops in 12 months, Parish will view the extra 12 months to plan for Zaha going next year to be money well-spent.

The only price Palace have put on Zaha in any official statement is £100M.

The £80M being mentioned in the press appears to be Parish's concession to Zaha not to stand in his way if a CL club came for him. A sort of unwritten release clause. Looks like that deal may be extended to Arsenal even though you are not a CL club, but don't think for one moment that anything less than £80M or "going to the wire to force a deal" or whatever tricks Raul has up his sleeve will "make Parish crack".

Parish's only obligation is to be fair to Zaha and take the £80M if offered. That's the figure which would have gone in a release clause, had Zaha sought to negotiate one last year.

It's actually 40 + 10m in add ons for AWB. Even though United are terrible at negotiating, Palace came down on their original price. Palace has no other buyers for Wilf and could be stuck with an unhappy and expensive player. Just look at Sanchez to see what that does.

roz

Fake News Merchant
We have one united reject already, how did that turn out?
Decent player, however 30-40 mill tops. Move on.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Zaha should put transfer request here i know he loyal to Crystal Palace but seriously nobody gives a f**k about being loyal these day.

Yes absolutely agree on this. This is his doing, should not have signed a new 5 year deal and was even more daft to not include a clause in it. Nobody in their right mind would pay anything over 50-60m for him and even that is a ludicrous price for him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The whole Zaha thing only got me hyped and excited due to reports of him being desparate to come here.

If it wasn't for that, I'd never have become that crazy about it as I could not see us getting it through. Hence, if Zaha does not push it, it's a non-starter imo, unless we pay silly money, something I neither can see us nor do I want us to do.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The whole Zaha thing only got me hyped and excited due to reports of him being desparate to come here.

If it wasn't for that, I'd never have become that crazy about it as I could not see us getting it through. Hence, if Zaha does not push it, it's a non-starter imo, unless we pay silly money, something I neither can see us nor do I want us to do.
100%. It's all about him wanting to make it happen. If he's just waiting, expecting for Arsenal to pay the ridiculous fee that is only there due to his own actions, I rather we move for the exciting unknown that is Soares. Granting that one won't cost us near the same amount due to the ridiculous ownership construction of the player.

Palace hold all the cards until he forces their hand.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so according to Kevah we are trying to make an offer for Zaha that will make Crystal Palace accept. i think we'll try involve Jenkinson and one player on loan and 55-60M bid.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The clown that used to own a bit of us literally text in to Jim White live on air one deadlineday.... Jim can be trusted on this one.

Think it was about the Sissoko transfer that failed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The clown that used to own a bit of us literally text in to Jim White live on air one deadlineday.... Jim can be trusted on this one.

he is not trustworthy as before you can say the same about all SkySport staff they give many things wrong.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Assume you meant can't be trusted? Blokes given false info on it for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom