• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Cool, did Özil put in a shift when he was defending a corner against Olympiacos? Areta's message is not clear at all, it's obvious he has double standards for some players or it's only important what you do in training but on the matchday you can basically sleep on corners and hope someone else will clear it for you

Fair point, maybe its harder for Arteta to drop Özil, not because he's a senior player but because we only have Willock or Ceballos to play in that position. Even then its not their best position.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think he's gonna make it here.

I hope I'm wrong. The only route of getting into the team was him playing right back, but he seemingly sees himself as a midfielder.

He's played under 4 different manager, none of them have actually trusted him to play midfield.

He's a decent option for a mid table team.
He'll be playing for Everton or west ham in a few years.

Imagine he can't get into the team with the poverty option we have now, how TF is he going to be get into the team next season when Arteta will probably upgrade the midfield by then

From what I can see, he's a similar situation to what Rabiot was in PSG with the mother whispering into his ears, except Rabiot is a better midfielder

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm watching it. AMN at least looks sharp. Medley looks very meh at the moment. Some good stuff but nothing great.

Big story for me tonight is our midfield. Matt Smith and Miguel Azeez (his 1st U23 start) look really good. Trae Coyle is having a really good game, as is Zak Swanson vs Leroy Sane (kept him quiet but it's Sane's first game in months). Flo Balogun is brilliant though - he's potentially everything I thought Akpom would be. Think if he translates to first team level well, could be better than Eddie.
Fun fact: Folarin went to me and my younger bro’s secondary school.

My brother said he used to rainbow flick everyone on the playground. :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Time for AMN to step up, but I doubt he will

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I don't think he's gonna make it here.

I hope I'm wrong. The only route of getting into the team was him playing right back, but he seemingly sees himself as a midfielder.

He's played under 4 different manager, none of them have actually trusted him to play midfield.

He's a decent option for a mid table team.
He'll be playing for Everton or west ham in a few years.

Imagine he can't get into the team with the poverty option we have now, how TF is he going to be get into the team next season when Arteta will probably upgrade the midfield by then

From what I can see, he's a similar situation to what Rabiot was in PSG with the mother whispering into his ears, except Rabiot is a better midfielder

Never saw the hype with AMN. Apart from his physical attributes never saw one aspect of his game that suggested to me he would be a decent player for us, even in our current situation. I'm willing to admit I was wrong if he finally kicks on and produces much better performances in the future.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Never saw the hype with AMN. Apart from his physical attributes never saw one aspect of his game that suggested to me he would be a decent player for us, even in our current situation. I'm willing to admit I was wrong if he finally kicks on and produces much better performances in the future.
Same here.
He has the physical attribute of midfielder we desperately need. But questions have to be asked about his technical and mental fortitude.
Four different manager have all opted to play him in full back rather in midfield which is his preferred position. That should tell you something

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think you can only kinda phone it in in training if you are consistently delivering on match day which currently no player is.

There has been notoriously bad trainers in history, I cant remember exactly who it was but I remember reading a quote from a team mate at the time that one of our better players during the invincibles was pretty **** in training and was basically just showing up but then delivered on game day.

The only player who could probably get away with half assin' training and finding himself in the starting XI at the moment is Aubamyang.

I can see why (if is the case) that Arteta comes down harder on the younger players as the training/development is so crucial at their age where some of the players who have hit peak just need to keep up fitness wise to stay there.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Midfield is an area of the pitch that allows you to control the game. He can control it out of possession like Liverpool with athleticism or on the ball like City with players who can dribble and pass between lines.

We have neither. We have slow players who pass sideways and can't dribble. They also have NO athleticism. Our players are very slow. Slower than your average footballer.

AMN brings an absurd amount of athleticism to the midfield. He is fast enough to contain Zaha. Imagine him recovering central. Instead of the opposition running towards our goal with our midfielders running in sand we would actually have recovery pace.

If he actually applied himself theres no reason he wouldn't break into the midfield. It seems to me he is done playing left and right back and has told Arteta that. Ox did the same thing and moved to Livepool. AMN will move to a good team.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

You can't choose your mum. Would be a shame though, for him if he can't apply himself when he's so close to being in the top tier of football.

His loss

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
AMN is a huge talent and his strongest position is CM.

Question is, will he change his attitude and be a full on professional that just wants to succeed to become the player he could be and whether he will become it here, or be one of the best midfielders in the league else where later on in his career.

The guy's incredibly talented and it's pretty hard for me to have people not seeing this.
I grant the issue of him not making most of it though, yet, he would not have been the first talent to waste it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think you can only kinda phone it in in training if you are consistently delivering on match day which currently no player is.

There has been notoriously bad trainers in history, I cant remember exactly who it was but I remember reading a quote from a team mate at the time that one of our better players during the invincibles was pretty **** in training and was basically just showing up but then delivered on game day.

The only player who could probably get away with half assin' training and finding himself in the starting XI at the moment is Aubamyang.

I can see why (if is the case) that Arteta comes down harder on the younger players as the training/development is so crucial at their age where some of the players who have hit peak just need to keep up fitness wise to stay there.

Was Vieira , but he also had to manage his body for the season .

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just look at Milner, much more talented than Milner as a kid, think he sees himself as a CM too, yet he’s spent his career basically playing everywhere.

Not sure footballers get anywhere laying down the rules, unless you’re in the top tier of talent.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm trusting Arteta on this one. Either he's giving him a reality check and is hoping he sees a turn around by the summer, or he has made his mind up and is ready to cash in.

Having been a captain of a couple teams and an assistant at one of the most competitive sides in English history, I'm sure he knows a stinky attitude when he sees one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom