• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

TornadoTed

Established Member
For me is more so his style of play, and his physical limitations. I think we need a more athletic player at number 9, which would really help us in away games.

I think that given he only has 2 years left, the club will probably be offering him around Europe.

I agree that we could find a better fit than Lacazette, just think we have other bigger fish to fry and it's only 5 weeks until the new season starts.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree that we could find a better fit than Lacazette, just think we have other bigger fish to fry and it's only 5 weeks until the new season starts.

Yeah that's fair enough. But if we do end up selling him, centre forward becomes a crucial position. I think it's quite clear now Arteta see's Auba as a wide forward, and we can't go into the season with Eddie as the only number 9. Think Edouard is one to keep an eye on for later in the window.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Liverpool (Salah 19, Mane 18)
City (Sterling 20, Aguero 16)
United (Rashford 17, Martial 17)

They were the only 3 clubs that had 2 players with 14 Premier League goals or more. 10-15 goals is a very decent total for a teams secondary goalscorer. Only the three clubs above, Sp**s Arsenal and Everton had two players who hit double figures.

Lacazette had a poorer season this year but I would fancy him to get those sort of numbers next season with better creativity behind him. I would move him on if a large offer comes in but I wouldn't be in any rush to give him away.

Funny I don't remember Giroud ever being able to hide behind that excuse. He's our main striker and he has a worse scoring rate than Giroud had, at this point the guy's a certified bum which is why no one good is or will be in for him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Giroud played with Santi, Özil and Alexis, who were all great at supplying goals. Laca never had service like that since he arrived.
12/13 - Big chances created: 70 - Giroud: 34apps, 2327min, 11-5 g/a
13/14 - Big chances created: 62 - Giroud: 36app, 3083min, 16/9 g/a
14/15 - Big chances created: 66 - Giroud: 27apps, 1865min, 14/3 g/a
15/16 - Big chances created: 88 - Giroud: 38apps, 2425min, 16/6 g/a
16/17 - Big chances created: 55 - Giroud: 29apps, 1194min, 12/4 g/a

17/18 - Big chances created: 81 - Laca 32 apps, 2211min, 14/5 g/a
18/19 - Big chances created: 72 - Laca 35 app, 2502min, 13/10 g/a
19-20 - Big chances created: 48 - Laca 30apps, 1879min, 10/6 g/a

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Giroud played with Santi, Özil and Alexis, who were all great at supplying goals. Laca never had service like that since he arrived.
Lacazette had Özil, Sanchez for a bit, Ramsey and Iwobi to create for him and he only managed 14 league goals.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Great argument. I'm sure that high ceiling is a guarantee in terms of goal returns and work rate.
Arteta is trying to get experienced players in the squad who can guide the kids we already have and you guys want us to sign more kids, because Laca has been misfiring in a pants team last season. Always going for the shiny new toy. Childish, as always.
I didn't even say we should sign Edouard, just stated the obvious. Funny how fanboys get defensive so easily

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Watch him play to see. Just like it was obvious that Tierney is class even when he was playing in a weak league
It's a subjective opinion, though. Him having a higher ceiling is a lazy thing to say and it's literally a coin toss.
He might or he might get lost in some midtable mediocrity down the line. You never know with these kids.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oh, boy...another casual. You should watch how he's dragging players so that Auba can get into space to finish his chances and he puts in quite a shift in the middle of the park, getting fouled, holding play and having to sprint back into the box.
Let's see you do that successfully for 90 minutes by playing every 3 days.

- making a decoy run is pretty basic. Not sure why forwards get praised for moving. Its basically all they can do when they don't have the ball. Either create space for themselves or someone else.

- he gets fouled because he never receives the ball on the half turn. He isn't strong enough to bully enter backs while holding the ball. It's more about him maintaining balance through a few touches and then playing it back or sideways. There are times when he receives it central and he has come so deep that he is isnt even tracked. Yet he doesn't even turn.

- he has good traits, but they work better in a 2 man system. As a lone striker he has significant weaknesses. Weaknesses Edouard doesn't have.

-Edouard is faster, stronger, a much better dribbler, a much better passer, and his movement is so much better as he is is simply more agile. He is also much better in the air and has enormous physical potential.

- one thing you yet in Scotland is old fashioned centre backs who love to get physical. It's not rocket science why Tierney has adapted so quickly. People always question the league, but the weather, the culture or all very similar to England. I remember everyone questioning Henrik Larsson. There was zero doubt over him scoring goals in england.

Edouard would be a fantastic signing and a massive upgrade on Lacazette.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
It's a subjective opinion, though. Him having a higher ceiling is a lazy thing to say and it's literally a coin toss.
He might or he might get lost in some midtable mediocrity down the line. You never know with these kids.
Sure but we KNOW lacazette's goal scoring record for us is pathetic. I don't even dislike the guy but he's not good enough no matter how you see it

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Sure but we KNOW lacazette's goal scoring record for us is pathetic. I don't even dislike the guy but he's not good enough no matter how you see it
It's funny when I read such a statement, because a year ago he was our POTY and now, when we had a dreadful season with a dreadful midfield, he's not good enough.
I find that quite contradictory, with all things considered.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
- making a decoy run is pretty basic. Not sure why forwards get praised for moving. Its basically all they can do when they don't have the ball. Either create space for themselves or someone else.

- he gets fouled because he never receives the ball on the half turn. He isn't strong enough to bully enter backs while holding the ball. It's more about him maintaining balance through a few touches and then playing it back or sideways. There are times when he receives it central and he has come so deep that he is isnt even tracked. Yet he doesn't even turn.

- he has good traits, but they work better in a 2 man system. As a lone striker he has significant weaknesses. Weaknesses Edouard doesn't have.

-Edouard is faster, stronger, a much better dribbler, a much better passer, and his movement is so much better as he is is simply more agile. He is also much better in the air and has enormous physical potential.

- one thing you yet in Scotland is old fashioned centre backs who love to get physical. It's not rocket science why Tierney has adapted so quickly. People always question the league, but the weather, the culture or all very similar to England. I remember everyone questioning Henrik Larsson. There was zero doubt over him scoring goals in england.

Edouard would be a fantastic signing and a massive upgrade on Lacazette.
Yeah, sorry, but I just don't buy all of this. You seem like one of those blokes who spends too much time watching video highlights and playing Football Manager.

Top Bottom