• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Holding deserves to play, with david luiz, the Spanish dude that is injured and Gabriel i don't see the necessity of him staying at the club.

Holding - Gabriel - David Luiz - Spanish dude and Chambers is more than enough.

We are playing overlapping CBs with Tierney/Kola and AML.

He is 19, if he was ready we would have been playing, he is clearly not ready.

Believe in Holding.
Holding isn't the problem, Chambers and Mari are. Kola as well

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Keep him. Let him get used to the club, the city and his teammates and make sure he learns the langauge. We got an easy EL-draw, play him there and give him some U23 games too and let him spend some time in France when he needs to while dealing with losing him mum( apparently) which is incredibly hard for such a young man.
Defenders need to play. Having him here without constant football does not make any sense.

He needs to start 30-40 games this season somewhere if he wants to show that he can be an Arsenal player.

thierrytheking14

Look at the quote I was replying to... he was saying we shouldn't have to worry about the total amount paid for Saliba, because it's structured to be paid out over a number of years. I just pointed out what a stupid way of thinking that is - it's like the car dealer trying to get you to focus on the maximum monthly payment you can afford rather than the sticker price of the car.
A car depreciates in value the minute you drive it off the lot though.

Saliba has all the tools to become a fantastic centre half. Whilst there's no guarantees in football, could easily be worth 50m in a few years.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Chambers is quality, Mari played what? 3 games for us?

don't get your point.
Jack was quality but made of glass... He give much more and at what point we had to sell him. Those two are not giving nothing but just wasting spaces and money. Why we should keep players constantly injured? If we sell him I can tell you you won't even notice they left.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This guy's gone from being the CB savior to Mavropanos MK2. Why are we loaning him out again??? There's plenty of games.

Why does last summer look like an even bigger **** show than expected?!
This dude and Pepe were our marquee buys.

Saliba and Pepe's fees are the reason we can't get Partey or Aour, think the 100 mill+ we spent there could have gone in better places in the squad.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Why not loan him out to an English club instead? He'll be playing in England for the foreseeable future. Personally, I would keep him for the cup games and group stages in Europa and then loan him out in January. But now? Come on Mikel, sort it out.

Couldn't agree more. If he has to be loaned, would rather send him to Palace or Fulham. That way he can stay London and learn the league.

I'd rather keep him here, but a season's loan in England before becoming a starter here next year works as well.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Saliba and Pepe's fees are the reason we can't get Partey or Aour, think the 100 mill+ we spent there could have gone in better places in the squad.

We needed a winger and long term CB with WC potential given we can't afford the finished product. I think these signing made sense strategically. Noone was complaining last year about Pepe and Saliba. Aoaur and partey could also flop and the same thing is said next year.

Kakao

I have ASSE fan who watch almost every french league game and he said he dont think Saliba was worse than Gabriel. And Mikel talks about injuries are lol since it was 3months ago and William wanted to play cup final vs PSG. He maybe not be ready for PL as 19 year old, but sure he can play in cups and in EL group, which is far better experience and getting used to Mikel way of playing (he plays with his foot very well) rather than play in Championship or back in France.

Let's play Aubamawang

I don't know how sending him back to France on loan is beneficial for anyone. Better to go to a team in this country so he can adapt to this country whilst playing regularly. With the amount of goals Fulham are conceding, he's bound to get chances there.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I don't know how sending him back to France on loan is beneficial for anyone. Better to go to a team in this country so he can adapt to this country whilst playing regularly. With the amount of goals Fulham are conceding, he's bound to get chances there.

It’s been said multiple times there’s personal issues in play. He’ll want to be with family most likely.

What if the options are
a) loaning him out in France to steady his mind
b) ‘trapping’ him in London and have him derail

I know which one I’d pick.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It’s been said multiple times there’s personal issues in play. He’ll want to be with family most likely.

What if the options are

Regardless of what has happened (5 months ago) he is a professional football. Whether he is only 19 or not unfortunately these things happen.

Hes had time to digest what has happened albeit not much.

I think surely a middle ground could be met. Why cant he stay in London and have some of his family move over short term and keep him right. Hes on enough money to pay them a salary or help them out financially.

Some might say what if they dont want to come to London? Well that doesnt say much for them.

I know if it was my brother or son and we as a family were in the fortunate position to not have to worry about working I would do it.

Being in a new environment in times of mourning can often be better than staying at home and reliving every memory that happened in a particular place.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I dont have any problems with Saliba going on loan, yes its surprising but not worrying. Let him play and come back better for it at the ripe old age of 20!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

What if the options are

well said - every one pays lip service to the campaign to recognise the issue of mental health in sport, but few fans take it seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom