• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

th14fan

Big Poppa as you can clearly READ, I am talking about Cole's exit from us and going over to where he wanted to go in the first place. What kind of comment are you on about.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ratinho said:
Because Cesc has shown he wants to leave

Sarcasm. How do you 'show' you want to leave? I've already given an explanation about the fact that these sorts of meetings are as much about politics as they are about transfers themselves, particularly when they occur around the time that contract re-negotiations are taking place.

The only way you can know that he wants to leave is if he comes out and says so himself - which he hasn't.

Ratinho said:
(Cesc) had his agent meet other clubs with him

He has the same agent as Sergio Ramos if I'm not mistaken. More than likely he met with Calderon at some point to discuss 'possibilities' and gave him some sort of hope that the only stumbling block was in agreeing a deal with Arsenal. Difference is they would not have been dumb enough to get caught - Cesc wouldn't have needed to be there. It doesn't mean that Cesc wold have been seeking to leave Arsenal.

Ratinho said:
generally looked for a way out of the club?

Again, it largely depends on your (and the majority of people's) interpretation of Cole's actions to be that it was just a case of seeking a transfer. It's not that mine differs, but that I'm not convinced that the full story has been given yet. As the defence lawyer said of the case, the size of the punishment was handed out based on "Speculation, conjuncture, and assumptions", I don't want us to sell Cole based on 'details' that keep emerging in the tabloid press.

Oh and another thing, the board have the power to offload this guy at the drop of a hat. The fact that it was they who he personally insulted should give them a far greater incentive to do so. There would be no shortage of suitors and they would recieve a sizeable fee. Arsène would have to oblige, and I don't think that would be a huge problem for him because of the faith he has in his youngsters.

Why aren't the management reacting with the same rage and anger as the fans? Is it because they know something we don't? Probably not, but why does the club want to keep him in spite of all that has been said? Why was Dein so insistent in the immediate aftermath of the verdict, that he wanted Cole to remain an Arsenal player? Like I said, lot's of questions can be asked but it's useless to speculate.

The title of this thread is 'Cashley Cole sage takes a new twist'. Has it? What's new? Recycled quotes that were said a year and a half ago being treated as a fresh outburst? The board will have known about this book for a long time, so what's changed now? Why will they suddenly sell him to Chelsea when they felt under no pressure to do so before?

AFCFan4Ever

Big Poppa said:
Oh and another thing, the board have the power to offload this guy at the drop of a hat. The fact that it was they who he personally insulted should give them a far greater incentive to do so. There would be no shortage of suitors and they would recieve a sizeable fee. Arsène would have to oblige, and I don't think that would be a huge problem for him because of the faith he has in his youngsters.

Why aren't the management reacting with the same rage and anger as the fans? Is it because they know something we don't? Probably not, but why does the club want to keep him in spite of all that has been said? Why was Dein so insistent in the immediate aftermath of the verdict, that he wanted Cole to remain an Arsenal player? Like I said, lot's of questions can be asked but it's useless to speculate.

Well considering how little good English talent we have in the side, they probably want to keep Cole in fear of backlash if they sold him. The media has already crucified Arsenal for it's lack of an English presence, this would only make things worse in that regard. That's about the only reason I can come up with that sounds halfway reasonable.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AFCFan4Ever said:
Big Poppa said:

Well considering how little good English talent we have in the side, they probably want to keep Cole in fear of backlash if they sold him. The media has already crucified Arsenal for it's lack of an English presence, this would only make things worse in that regard. That's about the only reason I can come up with that sounds halfway reasonable.

I would be surprised if they took much notice of something like that TBH. Especially when you consider that the kind of fee they could make from his sale would allow them to buy pretty much any English player they wanted - apart from the 'Golden boys' who are already at big clubs.

otfgoon

Established Member

The board are trying to save as much money as possible, by coming out and saying "yeah we want to get rid of this arse" you would be significantly reducing his value. And by trying to flog him off you would again be reducing how much you can get for him. And in the end of the day. he is one of the best left backs in the world, Arsène may have wanted to keep him, but the things he has said in his book, even if it is out of context or not the full story, have basically dashed any chance of him staying. Face it, accept it, and move on.

EDIT: Unless he edits it like Arsenal have requested.

Jameel46

Established Member
LB/LW/DM Juan Pablo Sorin made available by villarreal, if arsenal get Sorin then arsenal could buy a good CB without worrying if the CB can play LB, and no need for a DM.

burnsjed

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
LB/LW/DM Juan Pablo Sorin made available by villarreal, if arsenal get a Sorin then arsenal could buy a good CB without worrying if the CB can play LB.

Is Sorin an adequate replacement.
I know he is Argentina's captain, and unbelievably their 2nd highest active goal scorer, but can't say I have seen a lot outside of his games for Argentina.

Jameel46

Established Member
burnsjed said:
Jameel46 said:
LB/LW/DM Juan Pablo Sorin made available by villarreal, if arsenal get a Sorin then arsenal could buy a good CB without worrying if the CB can play LB.

Is Sorin an adequate replacement.
I know he is Argentina's captain, and unbelievably their 2nd highest active goal scorer, but can't say I have seen a lot outside of his games for Argentina.

very good player, good passer, good ATTITUDE (unlike a certain fool), can play a number of positions LB/LW/DM, alot of experince and a leader. if i remember correctly he had a good game against us in the CL at El Madrigal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

otfgoon said:
The board are trying to save as much money as possible, by coming out and saying "yeah we want to get rid of this arse" you would be significantly reducing his value. And by trying to flog him off you would again be reducing how much you can get for him. And in the end of the day. he is one of the best left backs in the world, Arsène may have wanted to keep him, but the things he has said in his book, even if it is out of context or not the full story, have basically dashed any chance of him staying. Face it, accept it, and move on.

"Oftgoon backs Cole"

It has emerged today, that the ever popular Arsenal-Mania poster Oftgoon has given his full support to under-fire Ashley Cole. The football guru, 21 :wink: said of the England International, "In the end of the day, he is one of the best left-backs in the world". He praised the Arsenal board's determination to keep hold of the mesmeric player, as well as their financial prudence as he continued, "The board want to save as much money as possible" and finished by stating his lack of surprise at the fact that "Arsène may have wanted to keep him".

See how easy it is?

otfgoon

Established Member
:lol: Very clever, but I cant see how saying "they fed me to the sharks" could be taken out of context.

But anyway, I think he could stay as long as he edits the bad bits out of his book as requested by his club, if he does that then it shows he is willing/wants to stay.

kamikaze80

Established Member
sorin the diver? no thanks. he can keep his caveman hairdo at villarreal.

i wonder how henry feels about all this. he's obviously very close to ash and he was undoubtedly given assurances about keeping the team together. would selling cole provoke a backlash from him? or is cole so out of line that even the players would side with management?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
sorin the diver? no thanks. he can keep his caveman hairdo at villarreal.

i wonder how henry feels about all this. he's obviously very close to ash and he was undoubtedly given assurances about keeping the team together. would selling cole provoke a backlash from him? or is cole so out of line that even the players would side with management?

Henry would have been fully aware the little **** would be off this summer.

gunnerturk

Big Poppa said:
otfgoon said:

"Oftgoon backs Cole"

It has emerged today, that the ever popular Arsenal-Mania poster Oftgoon has given his full support to under-fire Ashley Cole. The football guru, 21 :wink: said of the England International, "In the end of the day, he is one of the best left-backs in the world". He praised the Arsenal board's determination to keep hold of the mesmeric player, as well as their financial prudence as he continued, "The board want to save as much money as possible" and finished by stating his lack of surprise at the fact that "Arsène may have wanted to keep him".

See how easy it is?

Finally began to see your point of view Big Poppa. :)

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

otfgoon said:
:lol: Very clever, but I cant see how saying "they fed me to the sharks" could be taken out of context.

But anyway, I think he could stay as long as he edits the bad bits out of his book as requested by his club, if he does that then it shows he is willing/wants to stay.

Ashley Cole; "My Case"

Chapter 11, page 65

"As I drove into the training ground that day I was feeling unsure about how the lads would take to me. Did they believe everything that was written and said? Or were they willing to understand that there was much more to it? I was delighted when Freddie came straight over and said "Welcome back mate". It felt like I was back home, and the truth is, this has always been my home.

After training I went over to David Dein, who had come along to Colney to keep an eye on some of the players and we had a brief chat. I offered an unreserved apology for everything that had happened and promised continue to give 110% for the club. He stopped me before I could even finish and said "Listen, Ashley - just go out and do your best, there are no hard feelings and just give me a call if you need my support next week when you go to see the FA. I'll tell them about your great service and loyalty to us in the past." I felt a great sense of relief as I called my lawyer and instructed him to prepare a new case for my defence.

The following Tuesday, Jon (my agent) rang David at his house to discuss his statement at my personal hearing the next day. The response was unexpected. He said that the board instructed him not to further tarnish the club's reputation by speaking in my defence. I thought we had already talked about this and clarified my position, we settled our differences out of court but the club wanted to pursue the prosecution against Chelsea. Why was I embroiled in this political agenda? Everyone knows how daunting it can be to stand there alone in front of the prosecution and it felt as though I was being fed to the sharks.

Nevertheless, business is business and Arsenal have to protect their image. I can understand that but nobody likes the feeling of being left hung out to dry like that. Looking back I realise that I was naive in the whole affair, and shouldn't have allowed myself to arrive in that position - I just hope the fans understand that I was caught in the middle of a war between Arsenal and Chelsea and felt like something of a scapegoat in something much bigger than punishing Ashley Cole for breaking the rules.

It is unfortunate that I allowed myself to be made an example of like that. A secret deal keeps me at Arsenal, but I wanted the fans to know that I signed it because I had never wanted to leave in the first place."

100% pure bullshit, but I'm bored at work. :D

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Or:

Turned up to training today.

****ing hated it with all these filthy foreigners.

Wenger's a ****.

Dein's a ****.

My wife-to-be's a ****.

Can't WAIT to go and play with JT, Lamps and the boys.

Might be able to afford ANOTHER watch.

Or a bigger mobile.

awooga83

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Or:

f****g hated it with all these filthy foreigners.

Wenger's a c**t.

Dein's a c**t.

My wife-to-be's a c**t.

Or a bigger mobile.

:lol:
Ran into Wenger today accidently on the training ground told him to get the hell out of my way or Chelsea will deal with him. He soon retreated , man i feel like king of Arsenal football club. Note to self i'll have to get Roman to make me king of somehwere probably Siberia or one of the other Berias.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

YuenBiaoFan said:
Or:

Wenger's a c**t.

Dein's a c**t.

My wife-to-be's a c**t.

Or a bigger mobile.

:lol: It's that Friday feeling

Tony Montana

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Or:

Wenger's a c**t.

Dein's a c**t.

My wife-to-be's a c**t.

Or a bigger mobile.

So I went to Chelsea to play with another lot of filthy foreigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom