• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Ok the guy did wrong and said a few things but cant we just talk to Cole and put it all behind us? We want to win things next season with us being sort of experience Cole needs to stay to save us splashing out on a left back.

CALLY8

i would love cole to stay but if his hearts with chelsea and not arsenal he should go but the question is,Who would replace him?

_scorpion_

Established Member
When he is sold to Chelsea, I hope Clichy will be given the No.3.

I also hope that the club post on the offical Arsenal web site, the entire truth about the Cole matter (in a paragraph or two).

Because that will pretty much assign his book for toilet paper (if it wasnt already).

AFCFan4Ever

One good thing about selling Cole is that it would almost assure one big buy before the window ended. It'd give us quite a lot of money to play with.

otfgoon

Established Member
CALLY8 said:
i would love cole to stay but if his hearts with chelsea and not arsenal he should go but the question is,Who would replace him?

THIEF!!!

I demand you remove my avatar, my blood sweat and tears went into making that, and you have the nerv to just steal it? HOW DARE YOU!

I love Pascal Cygan.

otfgoon said:
THIEF!!!

I demand you remove my avatar, my blood sweat and tears went into making that, and you have the nerv to just steal it? HOW DARE YOU!

If I was you I'd take pride in the fact that someone else is using the avatar that you created.

It looks good :D

Whoever mentioned Sorin a few pages back, I wouldn't say no.

He may be a bit of a **** but we could do with a player like that in the side plus Wenger would be killing three birds with one stone in terms of bringing a left back (assuming Cashley won't be an Arsenal player next season,) bringing in a defensive minded midfielder and bringing in an experienced player to help balance the squad.

I would be most surprised if we did sign him because he isn't your typical Wenger signing but if Wenger brought him in on a a two season contract then I wouldn't object.

He is for sale so it's at least worth enquiring as to the price and sounding the player out.

Ratinho

Established Member
celestis said:
Correct me I am wrong , but didn't Cole get hung out to dry by Chelsea , who claimed he intiated contact and Kenyon spilled the beans on what Cole said at the meeting ' French Clique' yadayadayada and Mourinho saying he was too short . Why would he go there now ?
I'll let Wenger decide what to do with Cole whatever happens it does not matter to me .

Correct, but anyone who doesn't think this is about money and him furthering his own 'celebrity' is pretty misguided. Chelsea will pay him all his money, and the ridiculopus wage he wants paid to his agent, simple really.

And BP mate, i've no beef with you or what you're saying tbh, but you might aswell swap Cesc's name for Henry's or Pires' or Tony sodding Adams in my example. The long and short is, Cole has screwed us over big time, and these guys haven't.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well thats right Rat, there has to be an element of money invovled if he goes there. Ash so scrupulous about the truth and full of a sense of injustice when it comes to us , having denied making statements about French cliques and other rubbish calling it 'bollocks innit' does not mind mind being made to look a liar by Chelsea at a hearing who contradicted his statement . Where would his righteous rage be then - getting doused by fat contract?

Grampus_Eight

Sorin is a nice player, but he certainly didn't shine in his Highbury appearance. He's also the wrong side of 30 so don't get your hopes up. If we couldn't land the Boss' good friend and admirer Thuram, or were unwilling to break our policy for him, why would we change our rules for Sorin?

I'm not a Wayne Bridge fan. Bad fu*king memories from the CL quarters against Chelscum. Bridge does like to get forward, but doesn't enjoy running back all too much and isn't fast enough to be that sort of dynamic midfielder anyway. He's the third/fourth choice LB at Chelscum looks like he enjoys himself off the pitch a bit too much; doesn't seem to keep himself in great shape. In fact, he wasn't particularly impressive for Fulham when he was loaned out/rehabbing. Not very good in the buildup appearances he made for England either. He's also English, so we'll overpay. As ridiculous as this might sound, I actually prefer Rosenior playing on the left to Bridge.

There is one standout replacement for Cole. Taye Taiwo. I’ve posted the following remarks in the defenders wish list section and apologize for posting them again, but I am desperate to send the bat signal to Wenger and hope that the insiders on the forum can relay the message to the Boss through any available back channels.

Cole’s off. Clichy’s out and I cannot foresee him ever staying healthy. It's an absolute shame, but I don't know if Clichy will ever be able to make it through a full or even half a season. There were rumors that his foot injury was so severe that he was lucky to make it back into football. If he can get fit - fantastic! But, it's crazy to think that he's a realistic option at left back. Too bad though. He's such a great kid.

Flamini is a competitor and can do a job there, but it's not his position and unfortunately, given our thin squad we need him to play in the middle. Otherwise, it's Song time.

The Flim-Flam-Man showed he can do a job there, but I don't think he's the man long term. Too right footed and not enough pace. Was excellent in Champions League when he was up against the likes of Becks, Camoranesi and whoever played outside right for Villareal, but when I watched him in-person sitting in the North Bank against Tottenham and Aaron Lennon, I didn't like what I saw. He was badly beaten on at least a couple of occasions. Don't want to see him up against Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Petit Louis Saha, Robben, Drogba or Sheva. Don’t get me wrong, I love Flamini, he’s a warrior, but for now he should be a midfielder/utility man. He’s a DM and that’s want he wants to remain. I think his best position might end up being RM, since it requires very little tactical nous. Otherwise, he should remain an understudy to Gilberto.

You might think that Hoyte can do the job at left back. Everyone seems to think he was stellar at Sunderland, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him, or rotating left backs all season. It’s very unfair to judge him on one performance, but he didn’t impress against Barnet as the LB. Gilbert did, but at RB, and apparently he’s off to Cardiff. In fact, when I saw him make a couple of mistakes and take a few big touches, I thought it must have been Armand Traore.

Salcido might have been a real good signing, but he’s gone to PSV for pennies. While an exciting player, Boka is too small for my liking. Sure Cole is short too, but Boka is twice as small. Abidal is no longer available, or at least on the cheap after his world cup.

Taye Taiwo is the guy. I don't know if he's available to us after the Flamini treason or wants a move to Arsenal. At one point he was rumored to have a pre-contract with Inter, but they’ve brought in a pair of Brazilians. But it looks like the Salcido and Kompany situation where if the Boss wants the player enough, he’s ours.

He can really play. Defends and attack well. He’s big and physically imposing. A marauding player, who likes to use his body. Since Lauren is coming to the end of his run and Eboue isn’t the most imposing player, we’d do well to buy one of the best emerging left backs in the world to fill Lauren’s boots. I will certainly have to kick my own ass, if we let him get away. He is the player that the loser of the Ashley Cole stakes, likely Madrid will sign. A natural replacement for Roberto Carlos since he has one of the hardest shots on the planet, but unlike Roberto Carlos he knows he a defender and isn’t a lazy playboy. Take a look a his offensive work over at YOU TUBE.

I imagine he’s probably cost in the neighborhood of £5-7M since Diouf doesn’t want him to leave L’OM.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... s+Che+move

More information on Taiwo:

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,244 ... eid=108173
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taye_Taiwo

If Valencia is on the verge of signing Del Horno, is Taiwo's move there off?

Del Horno off to El Che.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 204474.stm

Taiwo thought he was heading there too.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... s+Che+move

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/f ... 06-001.htm

Taiwo wants to play in the glamorous champions league. I think we can check that box for him rather quickly, but I'm not sure how glamorous he'll think our first opponents.

Anyway, the guy is real class. A standout at last year's FIFA World Youth Cup where he outplayed Jon Obi Mikel. He was one of the top players of the tournament. Does he know where Kanu used to play? Does he know what team has five African internationals? I think the Boss should let him know. He’s also Nigerian so there’d be no language problem, especially when you consider he’s picked up some French in Marseille.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Looks like my man is as good as gone.

I think the whole situation is really quite sad. I'd like to know exactly what went wrong at each stage for it too become so bad.

I think this is a prime example of how football is for this generation. Too much money, too corporate, and no principles. It's very hard to associate with the players like you used to. You spend the vast majority of a season now reading stories about how your best players want to go to this club or that club. Distabilising the team, having negative impact and creating more headache for a manager who's given them wonderful careers.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear a player come out with a quote like this...

"I appreciate I am one of the luckiest people alive, I'm in my early twenties, a multi millionaire, i'm at a great club with one of the best coaches around. Every week I play in front of thousands of fans who sing my name and follow the team avidly, I really want to put my all into this and help the team achieve everything they can because this club have given me an amazing opportunity for a great career. I never want this to end and would love to stay at Arsenal for as long as they want me because of the amazing working environment and ambition they have shown both on and off the pitch

PS. I hate Tottenham!"

Calsberg don't do footballers, but if they did, they'd probably be the best footballers in the world :)

kopzilla

Always Negative
These incidents are really disappointing..

cole smiling and joking with thierry on the last day at highbury suggested that both cole and wenger had put their past behind them..and were ready to start a new chapter...

i thought that even the " i wont invite you to my marriage " episode was just media hogwash...

with del horno going to valencia...i think thats the end of cashleys stay in arsenal.....yes we'll get the money ..but who are we going to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom