• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
Why does the solution to our creative problem have to come from a inside playmaker, though? I'd prefer we addressed the issue directly by purchasing an AM. Unless, you would like both signings.

Are they really transfer listed, though? There must be a reason why.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
He can play central or on either flank. I'd like to have the option of having a techinical wideman though, we aren't as good in possession anymore and there are certain games where having someone like Cazorla in attack would be important. Anyway he's better than any of the players we have in those positions.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Cazorla started out as a somewhat traditional winger, but he's too good on the ball to be wasted like that. After his move to Malaga, he also started some games from AM.

Are they really transfer listed, though? There must be a reason why.

The source that was posted before said that the Qatari billionaire owner has no interest in paying the club's debt out of his own pocket. Seems a little fishy to me, he could easily get the club a cheap loan deal instead of selling the club's most valuable assets and best transfers after just one season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Agreed Jonas. Seems weird that he is going to bail out on the club plan after they qualified for UCL. Middleeast businessman doesn't do these kind of deals for just 1 year. They will spend until they get success.

Then again, if they want to sell. I will grab Isco Carzola and Rondon then call the summer quits.

iced22

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/es/news/4193/an%C3%A1lisis/2012/07/14/3240168/santi-cazorla-o-isco-mejores-fichajes-para-el-real-madrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/es/news/4193/an%C3% ... eal-madrid</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IT's in Spanish, but here's the 2nd and 3rd paragraph in Google translate

According to this information, Malaga owes money to the Treasury, other teams for a signing, and even some of their own players. In total, some 20 million euros by the end of July. And if you do not meet these payments, the license would not get to play in the UEFA Champions League, and could even lose the first category. That's how raw it is, and more from the Treasury and agreed to be more rigorous LFP with tax debts of Spanish clubs. So the Malaga could be the first to pay the piper.

So, and after investing 150 million euros in Malaga, Sheikh Al Thani would not be willing to pay more money to meet these debts. And the solution would have would be to sell some of its stars. One measure that seems a step backwards for the sports project, but perhaps the fastest way to the pillars not all come down. And speaking of Santi Cazorla, Salomon Rondon and Nacho Monreal as possible candidates to recover money in the transfer market. Something that, from the perspective of Real Madrid, opens an interesting debate. Would not it be more profitable for Real Madrid to sign Santi Cazorla Luca Modric before? Or even try the signing of Isco?

Quite surprising from a sugar daddy I have to say. Thought they were loaded.

mistaT

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Why does the solution to our creative problem have to come from a inside playmaker, though? I'd prefer we addressed the issue directly by purchasing an AM.

I'm not advocating one manner or another (here at least :wink: ) but it does seem that Arsène, whether because of resources or a change in tactics, preferred our creative play to come from out wide last year.

For the better part of the year it was apparent that Gervinho/Walcott were to create, with the CM's and AM to support and solidify the midfield. This pushed our more creative/risky play to wide areas where in the event we did lose the ball we were less susceptible to counter attacks.

Only upon Rosicky's return/emergence and a little with Ox did we see our creative/attacking play come from the middle. Now I'm not sure if this was a change in tactics, or simply that those two do a better job than Ramsey.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
There were rumours earlier this summer that Malaga still owe Villareal money for Cazorla. Maybe they are not serious sugardaddys.

wishful_llama

kalleTheMan said:
There were rumours earlier this summer that Malaga still owe Villareal money for Cazorla. Maybe they are not serious sugardaddys.

Or maybe they've been taking a few lessons on how to pay transfer fees from Barcelona

Kanonier

The article in goal says that Shiek Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani from Qatar has already invested €150 Million from his own wealth for Malaga and is now refusing to cover a debt of €20 Million that is due at the end of July and which is supposedly due to debts with Villareal for the purchase of Santi Cazorla, but also a large debt with regards to wages to players in the club and money owed to the Spanish internal revenue service (known as the A.E.A.T.). The reason that Shiek is refusing to pay the debt, is clearly not because he lacks the funds (he is the 7th richest man in the World with a net worth of £12 Billion), but rather because the management of the club has been very poor with the finances and he is trying to discipline them by having to be more financially independent versus giving them more money whenever they screw up. They are supposedly being pressured by the Spanish LFP to comply with new requirements in terms of debts in football clubs and also because if they don't comply with the debt, they might lose their UEFA license to play in the Champions League and even their place in the first division of La Liga. Thus, the club's solution is to sell some of their key assets and they are looking to sell Salomon Rondon, Santi Cazorla and/or Nacho Monreal.

They also claim that Real Madrid are looking at Santi Cazorla as a second choice behind Luka Modric, which Goal claims that it would be a better option for Real Madrid given a lower price and that he is already a Spain international and accustomed to La Liga. Therefore, if we really wanted to have Santi Cazorla, we will have to fight a bid war against Real Madrid or place a quick bid of £15 Million. Not likely given our track record and cheapness, but this would be a HUGE signing for Arsenal and one which could turn the tables on Van Persie's future at the club and a massive step closer to ending our silverware drought.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I very much like Cazorla's and Valbuena's styles of play. Small, agile, and good control of the ball in tight space, more of CM/AM than being a DM.

marv3llous

According to Philippe Auclair we had Cazorla deal basically wrapped up last summer before Malaga hijacked it on the last second. So he really is someone who genuinely intrested Wenger, but what does opting for Malaga instead of us said about his attitude? Would we be intrested again if the rumor about their debt is true?

iced22

I'd take Cazorla as an AMC. I'd prefer more of a goalscorer out wide, and I've never found Cazorla to be incredibly pacey.

He's a solid passer and has some good control and awareness, and I think he's better used in the middle for us.

Bossa

Established Member
Cazorla can play the Xavi role with ease. A little bit deeper in midfield. His passing is top notch.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Bossa said:
Cazorla can play the Xavi role with ease. A little bit deeper in midfield. His passing is top notch.

Strongly disagree. He can do many things but there's more to the "Xavi role" than good passing.

It'd be a complete waste anyway. Cazorla would be the ideal replacement for Walcott, who could be on his way out.

Ambidextrous wingers/attackers are few and far between but it's arguably the most underrated trait in football. It's DEADLY when running at the defence and/or cutting in from the wing.

leo_ense

Established Member
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
The Spanish Euro 2012 winner Arsenal are 'likely to sign' Is Santi Cazorla from Malaga. All but had him last summer.

Don't believe him personally but a team with Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla and Wilshere would be extremely interesting.

On the situation with Malaga, they are in a lot of trouble and will be guaranteed to loose some big name players this summer. Problems with tax mean they could also be knocked out of Champions league and La Liga, so they are raising the funds somehow. They haven't paid player wages either so they are in trouble on that side as well with cash flow. We wanted Cazorla last summer and I was confident we had him until we lost out last minute. If Wenger wants him i'm confident he will land him this summer.

Worth pointing out that this guy broke the Niang trial well before it happened, as well as the deal for Santos last season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I see Liverpool have reported interest in Joe Allen (22). Im surprised we never registered interest in him or Leon Britton (20) with BR moving on and not being able to buy any of those players.

Premier League experience, good passers of the ball and both young enough to improve.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom