• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Yaya

Established Member
In
Cazorla
M'vila/Bruno
Jovetic
Holtby

Out
Diaby
Chamakh
Bendtner
Squillaci
Park
van Persie
Arshavin
Mannone

Yaya

Established Member
Anzac said:
Lets pick the bones out of Malaga & Villarreal.
Cazorla, Isco, Toulalan, Valero, Nilmar & Zapata.

Add Niang & a #2 GK (Gordon???) & we'd be set without breaking the bank.
Zapata? wouldn't have him over Miquel,Djourou etc at cb or any of our fb, was absolutely horrendous last season for Villarreal. Wasn't impressed with him at Udinese either. Very poor player,

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Yet another wishlist from me this time with a starting 11!

-----------------Chesney-----------------
--Sagna----Koscielny--Vermaelen--Santos--
-----------------M'Villa-----------------
-----------Song--------Cazorla-----------
--Theo----------Giroud---------Podolski--

-----------------Gordon------------------
--Bosingwa---Mert-----Song--------Gibbs--
-----------------Arteta-----------------
-----------Diaby--------Wilshere----------
--Oxlade---------Podolski-------Gervinho--

here our 2nd string is better than our strating 11 for a lot of last year and the likes of Miquel, Ramsey, coquellin, miyaichi and Frimpong haven't even been added!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yaya said:
Anzac said:
Lets pick the bones out of Malaga & Villarreal.
Cazorla, Isco, Toulalan, Valero, Nilmar & Zapata.

Add Niang & a #2 GK (Gordon???) & we'd be set without breaking the bank.
Zapata? wouldn't have him over Miquel,Djourou etc at cb or any of our fb, was absolutely horrendous last season for Villarreal. Wasn't impressed with him at Udinese either. Very poor player,

Had a catastrophic season at Villarreal, would even go as far as saying he's one of the main culprits that they were relegated. Was far better at Udine though, don't think we need him anyways.

Anzac

Established Member
Re Zapata - was thinking more in terms of his versatility as a 4th option.
Supposedly he's comfortable & competent playing across the back4 and either flank.
Was not thinking in terms of him being 1st drop or pushing for a sarting place.
If I was going to do that I'd go for Sakho who was already struggling for game time at PSG BEFORE they bought Silva.

Vela

Established Member
Buying a player like Bruno who is experienced, wouldn't cost that much and would do the DM job for a couple of years. Would allow us to spend more money on an CAM as well.

Anzac

Established Member
truth_hurts said:

here our 2nd string is better than our strating 11 for a lot of last year and the likes of Miquel, Ramsey, coquellin, miyaichi and Frimpong haven't even been added!

IMO:
* Walcott won't be here if RVP goes;
* Don't think we'll sign a FB;
* Diaby & Wilshere are reportedly out until Oct now;
* Song as both CM & CB but not as DM???? I'd never play Song as anything other than the Anchor at the base of any inverted midfield & certainly not in 2 such contrasting roles;
* Arteta is NOT a DM regardless of playing the deep playmaker role OR how good he was at providing cover. IMO he should NEVER be looked upon as primary defensive presence in midfield, and moreso when Diaby contributes so little in cover himself and NEEDS a more defensive player behind him to be effective = swap Song & Arteta.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
bingobob said:
I see Liverpool have reported interest in Joe Allen (22). Im surprised we never registered interest in him or Leon Britton (20) with BR moving on and not being able to buy any of those players.

Premier League experience, good passers of the ball and both young enough to improve.

Is this the age of the players or the amount that Liverpool are prepared to "invest" in them? :wink:

truth_hurts

Anzac said:
truth_hurts said:

IMO:
1 Walcott won't be here if RVP goes;
2 Don't think we'll sign a FB;
3 Diaby & Wilshere are reportedly out until Oct now;
4 Song as both CM & CB but not as DM???? I'd never play Song as anything other than the Anchor at the base of any inverted midfield & certainly not in 2 such contrasting roles;
5 Arteta is NOT a DM regardless of playing the deep playmaker role OR how good he was at providing cover. IMO he should NEVER be looked upon as primary defensive presence in midfield, and moreso when Diaby contributes so little in cover himself and NEEDS a more defensive player behind him to be effective = swap Song & Arteta.

1. He may be very upset if RVP leaves but bar the alleged Chelsea interest he doesn't seem to have many options. I expect him to sign a bumper new deal.

2. Sadly neither do I.

3. Wenger said Diaby is nearly 100% pretty sure he'll be playing during pre season. Wilshere will be eased back in.

4. Last season he played a more attacking role yet was used as a CB late into some home games last season. I wouldn't mind him doing the same this season against some of the lower teams in home games.

5. Again with Arteta this is only for certain situations and opponents where I'd advocate him playing as a DLP. Our other midfielders would need to put the work in. Sad thing is there is no good reasons why we can't buy M'Villa and a good playmaker.

truth_hurts

Bossa said:
Vela said:
Bosingwa is on high wages couldn't see us signing him.

Bosingwa is old, injury prone, not that good and has a unibrow. Why would we want him?
Bosingwa is not OLD :| pretty sure he's late 20s? only at Arsenal could he be classed as old! Injury prone? not seemingly that much, he is better than Jenkinsson and Coquellin at RB by a distance and the unibrow compared to Sagna and Songs barnets is acceptable!!

He would be a smart free transfer on a two year contract.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
truth_hurts said:
Bossa said:
Vela said:
Bosingwa is on high wages couldn't see us signing him.

Bosingwa is old, injury prone, not that good and has a unibrow. Why would we want him?
Bosingwa is not OLD :| pretty sure he's late 20s? only at Arsenal could he be classed as old! Injury prone? not seemingly that much, he is better than Jenkinsson and Coquellin at RB by a distance and the unibrow compared to Sagna and Songs barnets is acceptable!!

He would be a smart free transfer on a two year contract.

great minds and stuff.. you and i seem to rate the same kind of players ;D

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bosingwa turns 30 next month, no sense in signing a back-up who's older than the backed up player himself. Would honestly rather play Coquelin there.

Also, this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA8180zt-xQ&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA8180zt ... re=related</a>

trunks206

Established Member
Anzac said:
Re Zapata - was thinking more in terms of his versatility as a 4th option.
Supposedly he's comfortable & competent playing across the back4 and either flank.
Was not thinking in terms of him being 1st drop or pushing for a sarting place.
If I was going to do that I'd go for Sakho who was already struggling for game time at PSG BEFORE they bought Silva.

He wont come here for the same reason Vertonghen went to Sp**s over us. He wants to be a starter and play week in and week out, not sit on the bench and fight for a place.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom