• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

10 away credits for west ham...wtf??

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
sabret00the said:
USArsenal, while i think it could've, even i knew what it was about and i've never been to an away game outside of Cardiff, hell i've never been to a game using my membership. i think if someone don't understand then they can Google, ask in the thread of ignore it, it was ludicrous to shut this up not knowing what it was about when the answer was a mere post/pm away. so yeah could've but didn't have to be. saying that you're a good mod though.

one thing i don't know though is how the point system works, i know you need so many to attend certain games, but how do you earn em?

sabret00the, one of the requirements of the forum is to explain your thread, unless it is completely self-explanatory, such as "Pires must be Sold", etc.

Some of the forum members may have a clue what any of it is about, but to start a thread about Red Member (which by the way, was never mentioned in the thread until it was re-opened) and credits and away stadiums, etc. is like me talking about the "Curse of the Bambino" to someone not from the USA and would have no clue about what I was talking about. Over half the members of the forum are not from GB and have no clue about the subject matter, so why shouldnt it be explained for all in the thread that was started for it so that people arent left wondering why a thread such as this, which appears to have no meaning to anyone other than people who know about "Red Membership", is still open.

There were other posts wondering what it meant already posted, so why should I make another one and waste bandwidth (granted I am doing that now, but I have to at this point) on the server for something that STILL hasn't been explained by the author of the thread.

Having rambled on there, if the author would have explained what on Earth she was talking about, I would have left it open without hesitation, even if I didnt understand it after the explanation, as I typically do not arbitrarily lock threads for no reason, but it took until the second page of the thread to get some sort of explanation and it was by someone who only "thought" he understood what was being talked about.

I hope that my reason for locking the thread is now quite apparent to all (not just you sabret00the, not singling you out per se). A thread that says (only) "i am 2 credits shy of west ham" is not a good enough explanation of what it is about.

<-- cigarette in mouth, chilling now....

kanuuu

Established Member
Most Arsenal fans will know what away credits are, even if they don't go to away games, this thread is self explanatory. Even if some people didn't understand, no need to lock the thread!

Anyway, I guess it's because the Chelsea game was earlier on in the season and so a lot of fans are still on holiday so would have missed the match, and also we havent played West Ham for a couple of seasons and it's a london derby and it's later on in the season. I'm goin bed now, too much drunken rambling.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
no, you are incorrect in sayng most Arsenal fans will know what away credits are, and it was shown in the thread with multiple Arsenal Fans saying "huh?"... only those who have been, or known someone who is a member of the Arsenal "Red Membership" would know what that was, or someone who lives in the UK... I live in the US, i have never been to Highbury, i have never even been to England, so unless someone had explained it to someone like me (of which there are plenty of us out here), how would we know what away credits were?

GoonerDK

I live in Denmark and thought it was pretty self explanatory. Away and Credits, its really all about putting the pieces together... Anyhow i too would like to know the quantity of points earned, if someone knows

cheers

Spike

Established Member
A "credit" is given to you (Gold, Bond, Travel Club Members only, nothing to do with Red Membership) each time you go to an away game. The more away games you go to, the more credits you get. Higher demand games are those which require more credits, so those who visit more away games get priority as they have more credits.

That's what I think a credit is anyways. :)

Spike

Established Member
Away credits = Away Tickets purchased via the Box Office at Highbury using your membership numbers for the previous two Seasons (2003-2004, 2004 -2005) plus any for this forthcoming Season 2005-2006.

Arsenal.com

RockyRocastle

Established Member
FFS, she shouldnt have to bother explaining that a away credit is. This is an Arsenal website isnt it?

I couldnt believe it when this was locked the other day because someone didnt understand it. Sums this place up really.

If you didnt understand you could have asked instead of locking what could be a useful thread to people who want to go to this game.

Anyway, I bet it will go down to at least 8.

Army of Me

Established Member
anyway, who cares who knows what, fact is, 2 credits for the chelsea and 10 for the west ham game doesn't make any sense, surely the chelsea game, what with them being champions, is a higher profile match than west ham.

who the hell think's these things up?

stormtrooper

RockyRocastle said:
FFS, she shouldnt have to bother explaining that a away credit is. This is an Arsenal website isnt it?

I couldnt believe it when this was locked the other day because someone didnt understand it. Sums this place up really.

If you didnt understand you could have asked instead of locking what could be a useful thread to people who want to go to this game.

spot on well said mate :thumbup, and for a mod wanting to lock this thread just because he doesnt get it how very strange :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
Christ, weird start to this thread. Someone from outside England didn't understand so it was locked? Along with mass whinging?? Crazy. :roll:

Erm, no doubt been pointed out, but WH is not only a London Derby, a popular one at that, but also at a smaller ground than most, and of course, a smaller allocation. :)

Ratinho

Established Member
Ahhhh, my points already made literally above me.

Teach me to read a whole thread before replying. :lol:

Jinn

Established Member
stormtrooper said:
RockyRocastle said:

spot on well said mate :thumbup, and for a mod wanting to lock this thread just because he doesnt get it how very strange :roll:

To be fair, it was a rubbish post initially. Which has now been edited so that most of you who read it now will think it was harsh to lock it.

Army of Me

Established Member
Jinn said:
stormtrooper said:
RockyRocastle said:

To be fair, it was a rubbish post initially. Which has now been edited so that most of you who read it now will think it was harsh to lock it.

anything to make the mods look like little hitlers ;D

tox

I was shocked when i heard that aswell, but when you think about how many fans are going to want to go compared to the size of the stadium it makes sense. There was a similar situation last year against pompey.

Franky

The reason West Ham is 10 credits is because it is a popular London derby outside August. The away allocation is around 3000 there which is the same as almost every other club in the league bar Popmey. The only reason Chelsea got down to 2 credits was because it was undersubscribed after it started with 20 credits and went down through 10 and 6. West Ham is traditionally a popular fixture and it would only require someone to go to 5 away games in each of the past two seasons to qualify for a ticket. Not a huge ask if you want to go to one of the best away days, atmosphere wise, of the season. Also, I wouldn't be too confident about it dropping under 10 credits.

tbh honest i was expecting to this to start off at around the 15 credits mark and lowering to 6 at the very least. £37 for a trip to upton park(istan) though! :x

YourFriendPaul

Yeah totally. I only have 25 credits, and I wanted to buy a +10 buckler and a magical battle axe, but I couldn't even afford to buy a wood sword! WTF? I wish I had more credits. Wha?

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom