• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

15 Arsenal Players called for World Cup duty

nazo

Established Member
Another thing:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under2 ... 20014.html

The Denmark coach Flemming Serritslev has named his 22-player squad for this month's UEFA European Under-21 Championship, with uncapped pair Jesper Hansen and Nicklas Bendtner included in the party for Portugal.

Injured duo
With Denmark not competing in the FIFA World Cup, Serritslev was able to select his strongest squad - bar the injured Michael Krohn-Dehli (knee) and Dennis Cagara (achilles) - so the likes of Thomas Kahlenberg, Daniel Agger and Rasmus Würtz, all capped at senior level, have been picked alongside FC Nordsjælland goalkeeper Hansen and Arsenal FC forward Bendtner, the youngest player involved at 18.

Good luck for Bendtner. I'm really looking forward for this guys future.

SuperBob

Where is the link that sais Pires is in the French Squad? I don't think he's played for France in about 12 months.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 18&cc=3436

Domenech has dropped no hints on who he will pick. There are a few question marks, notably over Arsenal's Robert Pires and Olympique Marseille's Franck Ribery, both attacking midfielders.

I think he's picking both Rothen and Guily so logically there is only one place left for either Pires or Ribery. Pires's understand with Henry could sway Domenech's decision.

cc

Dougan17 said:
it should also be mentioned that clichy and flamini are going to the youth world championships before the world cup

is flammy still the captain of france U21? he was before he's been dropped for quite a few months.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
cc said:
Dougan17 said:
it should also be mentioned that clichy and flamini are going to the youth world championships before the world cup

is flammy still the captain of france U21? he was before he's been dropped for quite a few months.

LOL, Flamini the captain?

Yeah right.

Ever since he moved to Arsenal, he has hardly ever been called up for the France U21 team. There are a whole lot of talented central midfielders in France that are better than Flamini.

Asterix

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Anyone know a link to ALL the squads for the world cup? Also is Pires 100% in the squad or what?

Nope, but the squads don't have to be picked until about May 15th I think - after that they'll be on the official site. There is a thread in Football Talk with general WC news, and people seem to be posting links to squads as they are announced.

AFC no1.

Diaby would of made the France under 19's or under 21's competition if he was not injured heard he was the captain not sure though

Pires is always 'provisonally' called up for France according to Arsenal.com.
But he hasn't been part of the French set up for a long time, he won't be going to the World Cup.

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
and look at which country has the MOST from the Arsenal team.. ENGLAND.. f****g imagine that...
you include the u21's (rightly so) and it's France with four, but **** it. great news for us.

I really hope Gilbert get's his call up for the England u21's.

regele

Established Member
Great news, can't wait for the World Cup to see how the guys are going to do. Any chance of seeing Walcott before the final tournament in England's friendly?(would make sense)

eddie_wills

Tbh I'd rather our players had a rest for the summer, but good luck to them all.

Means I can watch games involving Togo I wouldn't otherwise have watched to view Ade in action.

hollow

USArsenal said:
realistically, we will only have

Henry
Pires (maybe)
Toure
Eboue
Fabregas
Reyes
Sol
Cole
Walcott (maybe)
RvP
Adebayor
Gilberto (probably)

max of 12 to the WC.. could be as little as 9.. (Pires & Walcott & Giberto may or may not actually make it to the WC)

the other ones are not being called up to WC Duty (Poom, Hleb & Flamini).. just for Friendly matches to helo OTHER teams get ready for the WC

even at a minimum of 9, something that looks good... if all 12 go, even better..

Walcott is is in the squad, why wouldn't he go?

nazo

Established Member
cc said:
ASHBURRN said:

bendtner is called by Denmark U21 also, and Djourou for Swizeland U21

Link to the Bendtner story: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under2 ... 20014.html

I thought Djourou might be called to the world cup. I guess we will just have to wait for the squad news.

Also there are more players that will be added to that list with the under 21's. Any news on Lupoli?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
hollow said:
USArsenal said:
realistically, we will only have

Henry
Pires (maybe)
Toure
Eboue
Fabregas
Reyes
Sol
Cole
Walcott (maybe)
RvP
Adebayor
Gilberto (probably)

max of 12 to the WC.. could be as little as 9.. (Pires & Walcott & Giberto may or may not actually make it to the WC)

the other ones are not being called up to WC Duty (Poom, Hleb & Flamini).. just for Friendly matches to helo OTHER teams get ready for the WC

even at a minimum of 9, something that looks good... if all 12 go, even better..

Walcott is is in the squad, why wouldn't he go?

originally he was in the "provisional" squad..

Azabaxe

This is all nice and dandy, but it means that many core Arsenal players will be playing through July and then start CL qualifiers in August. This after a really long and hard 05-06 Premiership and European season. We're going to have one tired side by September.

Ruslan Matuzau

kamikaze80 said:
basically, the only players in our regular squad not going are hleb (cos belarus sucks), lauren (cos hes retired, but he'd definitely be in if cameroon made it), clichy, almunia and flamini.

pretty impressive.
Belarus doesn't suck, mate. We just need a bit more of luck! :wink:

BreakAway

so nice :D
not only 14 arsenal players,but also 3 arsenal players are really wonderful
theo suprised me,actualy it was sven
i'm looking forward to seeing theo's wonderful performance,well done guy

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom