• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

17 players released

Gooner_Milton

Apparently I head we didn't have him on a permanent contract. Something of a short term loan I believe.

If you want starlet, think Cesc. :wink:

Jinn

Established Member
Oh, no worries Ash. Need a hand with any graphics this weekend? I might be able to spare some time if you need it.

A

Anonymous

I'll be working on the redesign of the site - finally! - so I might need some tiny graphics stuff done.

I'll email you if I need any help.

;)

jc8gooner

Stepanovs is possibly one of the worst players I have ever seen play for Arsenal but I will never forget the part he played in the double season 2001/2002. He came into the side for 5 Premiership games:

Feb 10th Everton (a) 1-0 W
Feb 23rd Fulham (h) 4-1 W
Mar 2nd N'castle (a) 2-0 W
Mar 5th Derby (h) 1-0 W
Mar 17th Villa (a) 2-1 W

In the first game, Everton should have had 2 penalties because of him. He was immaculate in the other 4 games. Brilliant.

I'll miss Wiltord and Kanu (not Sam :wink: ) but the time has clearly come for them to move on.

As for the youngsters, I hope they find success elsewhere and I'm sure I'll hear their names in "The Championship" or below in the future.

A

Anonymous

I guess there are some new faces coming in. That's a huge hole in the players salaries freed up.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gooner_Milton said:
Apparently I head we didn't have him on a permanent contract. Something of a short term loan I believe.

If you want starlet, think Cesc. :wink:

He came from Banik Ostrava, I think. Not Cesc, obviously!

Gooner_Milton

OneteaminLondon said:
Barce- who? What is this Barcelona you speak of, are they a basketball team? :lol:

Not sure myself.

Apparently their main star is this chap called Ron.

Nothing fancy really. :wink:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
It's funny actually, when I was in Spain 98-99, the various Barcelona teams won the basketball, the volleyball, the handball, but IIRC they missed out on La Liga!

Soler

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
It's funny actually, when I was in Spain 98-99, the various Barcelona teams won the basketball, the volleyball, the handball, but IIRC they missed out on La Liga!

Barca's last La Liga title was in 98/99 :p

Soler

Established Member
Gooner_Milton said:
Yeah I know.

Pretty funny that they have so many different teams under one 'club'

;D

Hehe, it's actually a common thing on the continent. Especially in the Balkans/Greece/Turkey, eg. Olympiakos and Besiktas doing other ... stuff too.

It'd be pretty cool if Arsenal had a Basketball team and other teams, then we could go unbeaten in ... everything! ;)

Gooner_Milton

Mad Jens said:
Gooner_Milton said:
Yeah I know.

Pretty funny that they have so many different teams under one 'club'

;D

Hehe, it's actually a common thing on the continent. Especially in the Balkans/Greece/Turkey, eg. Olympiakos and Besiktas doing other ... stuff too.

It'd be pretty cool if Arsenal had a Basketball team and other teams, then we could go unbeaten in ... everything! ;)

Ah I'm not sure. Not 'everything' anyway.

Can you imagine having an unbeaten lawn bowling team? :eek:ops:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
OneteaminLondon said:

Barca's last La Liga title was in 98/99 :p

Do you know, I've got no real memory of them winning that?
Thinking about it, there was a huge presentation, with all the teams there.
They deserved it though, I saw them in some mad games that season..

Soler

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Madrid also have a load of teams under the "club deportiva"

Yep. As I said it's pretty common on the continent. What do you think the 'SS' stands for in Lazio? :p

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom