• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2006/2007 Season review

Biggus

Established Member
I'm sure there'll be a player of the year poll, and we'll get our chance.....
But I know who Lukazan, Captain, YBF & Arsenal_Hleb will vote for. :lol:

Lukazan

Established Member
Yeah, stop being a childish *****.

I'll vote for the player I feel has been the best this season - Gilberto.

Just because you've got Hleb on the brain constantly, doesn't mean we all have.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think I can count the players whose performances I'm happy with this year on one hand - Berty's my player of the season too, RVP was getting very, very good by the time he got injured, Cesc continued to develop into the unbelievable player we all know he'll be in a season or two, and it was great to see Clichy fighting fit for a whole season.

Can't really think of anyone else who came out of the season with their stock any higher than when they went in...

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Biggus said:
Lukazan said:
I lie, it was Hleb.

“Make the bullshit big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”.......Kel/ YBF/ And the other bloke repeating Senderos can't handle big strong quick skillfull players, i.e. every striker

asajoseph

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Ade-bay-or for me too (' who came out of the season with their stock any higher than when they went in')

I suppose so, considering how much I slated him at the start of the year...

That said, I still find his finishing unbelievably frustrating...

asajoseph

Established Member
You reckon?

I mean, he's looked decent and all, but has he really acheived anything yet to really get the blood racing?

I think he's looked alright, but I'd say the jury's still out on that one...

asajoseph

Established Member
Same goes for Diaby really - we all knew what he could do at the start of the year, and that he'd take time to come back from injury. And he's been ok (despite all the time he's spent out of position) - but has he really got out of the blocks yet?

Captain

Established Member
asajoseph said:
You reckon?

I mean, he's looked decent and all, but has he really acheived anything yet to really get the blood racing?

I think he's looked alright, but I'd say the jury's still out on that one...

Denilson came here as a relative unknown and within months was a first team squad player with performances of such maturity that people are now saying we don't need to sign a centre-mid for next year.

I'd say that is his stock rising.

Captain

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Same goes for Diaby really - we all knew what he could do at the start of the year, and that he'd take time to come back from injury. And he's been ok (despite all the time he's spent out of position) - but has he really got out of the blocks yet?

Not for me, no.

asajoseph

Established Member
Fair enough re: Denilson, though you always get the initial mega-hype with these youngsters after their first few performances. Once the dust settled, I think he still looked good, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready to hand him a regular place in the match day squad just yet.

Captain

Established Member
True, but would you put him in ahead of Diaby or Flamini?

For me, it is no contest compared to either player.

That's pretty outstanding for a guy who openly admits himself that he was expecting to spend at least two seasons in the reserves when he first came. Very impressive player in my opinion.

asajoseph

Established Member
I prefer Diaby at the moment, personally - I don't think his passing is as good as Denilson's but I REALLY rate midfielders who can hold onto the ball with the strength Diaby's shown since he arrived.

Biggus

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Biggus said:
Lukazan said:
I lie, it was Hleb.

“Make the bullshit big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”.......Kel/ YBF/ And the other bloke repeating Senderos can't handle big strong quick skillfull players, i.e. every striker

Edit other peoples posts, talk a lot of Bollocks.....and hope that nobody stands up to you.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Best player of the season: Cesc
Positive surprise of the season: Clichy
Worst player of the season: Bap
Negative surprise of the season: Bap
Goal of the season: RvP away at Charlton for 2-1
Save of the season: Mad Jens vs Solskjaer away at manure
Best new player: Tomas

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom