• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4 Years

progman07

Established Member
When will people fully get fed up? Because you were saying a year ago that this would be his final chance to win something.

Next year he will get another year, and then another?

4-5-1 in the FA Cup semi, Diaby ahead of Arshavin, Denilson ahead of Song - I'll never forget that.

Ricky_AFC

We haven't got winners in this team.

Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg, Campbell, Lauren = Winners

Van Persie, Cesc, Adebayor, Sagna, Djourou, Walcott...well practically the whole team out there tonight, when its time to fight they go missing. We were absolutely humiliated tonight and perhaps the worst thing is that it isn't all that much of a surprise. There would have been absolute mayhem from the likes of Vieira, Henry and Bergkamp if this happened, they would take personal offence and get angry. This bunch just seem to take it on the chin, they're used to losing.

On one hand I think we have a squad capable of winning the league next year with a bit of luck with injuries but on the other hand I kinda feel right now in the heat of them moment that we need to start again with this team, ditch the losers and bring in some winners.

Zico

Established Member
If we'd hired Scudamore as our CEO, tomorrow he'd be launching a root-and-branch investigation of the rot at Arsenal. We sure need one.

LucasNL

RandomHero84 said:
LucasNL said:
Grow a pair of balls ffs, it's not like we're getting relegated.

A one sentence measure of a mans ambition.

Not ambition but realism. I compare our players and squad to Man Utd's and it's fairly obvious they're miles ahead of us. Our players have no experience at all when it comes to playing important games, most of Man Utd their players have won dozens of trophy's. We need more players who know how to play in the big games, players who know what it takes to actually win stuff. Better players perhaps, because this crop obviously isn't good enough.

asajoseph

Established Member
I suppose the time will come very soon where we should start thinking about where next, though I'm not sure this evening is the time to start.

Partly because emotions are obviously going to be very high, but also partly because I really don't know where to start.

It's not just the players, and it's not just the manager, and while on an evening like this one it's hard to imagine this group of players, playing this way is ever going to get to the pinnacle of football again, I'm not quite sure I've got any immediate and obvious thoughts about how to do something about it.

qs

Established Member
Bertie Mee got 4 years before he was sacked and Mee was a quality manager but he had lost his touch and when he went it was the right thing for the club. Wengers done more, won more and working against bigger challenges than Mee but I'd definitely put and end to this job for life ****. If we don't win anything before his contracts up then we shouldn't offer him another one. Its that simple. He shouldn't be sacked though.

Gooner_Milton

Sad thing is that the only player in the squad with a 'winning spirit' and the ruthless edge so often lacking throughout tonight could not be picked due to being cup tied.

DC Gunner

Established Member
qs said:
Bertie Mee got 4 years before he was sacked and Mee was a quality manager but he had lost his touch and when he went it was the right thing for the club. Wengers done more, won more and working against bigger challenges than Mee but I'd definitely put and end to this job for life s**t. If we don't win anything before his contracts up then we shouldn't offer him another one. Its that simple. He shouldn't be sacked though.
I think we should renew his contract to show out commitment to lure new players who would see that we have a stable club

flobaba

Dear All,

Firstly, I can't but lol. What a Waste of our time, money and support its been. But we mostly saw this coming didn't we? Except for the likes of outlaw member and co who would insist that the team is good enough 'on its day'. Guess its day comes round as often as Halley's comet does nowadays. Even if we can beat the Milan's and Juve's of this world(which i feel is the reason for our overrating the strength of this team), the fact is that the EPL is the strongest in Europe at the moment, and until we can start competing locally, we sure as hell ain't gonna compete continentally. Very painful game to watch.

Secondly, what does it profit a team to build a new stadium, bring in profit, and boast some of the 'best talents', with 'mental strength' and 'character' within its ranks, whilst lacking the ability to win trophies? I really don't know. The stadium was virtually emptied by the 65th minute. Whilst some might feel it doesn't say much about our fans, I feel the performance deserved it. I don't feel we were particularly poor, no. Its just that its obvious that this team is clueless and really is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. United barely got out of first gear and they still murdered us. Not much is going to change if Wenger remains at the helm of affairs is what i think, or at least if drastic changes/purchases are not made over the Summer.

Its just sad- same ****, different season. Wenger knows.. **** all. But you know what? some people are going to go on about how next season is going to be different with Arshavin and Eduardo and Rosicky's return, without realizing the real issues or problems with the team which are:

A) Wengerball- pass, pass, probe, and if they've got a very good defence, appear clueless, is not going to work all the time

B) Wenger has no idea what to do when it doesn't work

C) Adebayor is alright (world class in the eyes of some- not me), but ain't Arsenal class.

D) We are still very poor defensively.

E), and a bit on a lighter note (not really), Biggus is always right.

If nothing changes, i assure you, you can meet me same time, same site next season, for the same post.

Yours sincerely,

Flobaba.

banduan

Established Member
qs said:
Bertie Mee got 4 years before he was sacked and Mee was a quality manager but he had lost his touch and when he went it was the right thing for the club. Wengers done more, won more and working against bigger challenges than Mee but I'd definitely put and end to this job for life s**t. If we don't win anything before his contracts up then we shouldn't offer him another one. Its that simple. He shouldn't be sacked though.

Hmm. Good way of looking at it.

Invincible

Established Member
Bring back Lehmann, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu, Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Kanu, hell even Cygan.

True Gooner

Established Member
Invincible said:
Bring back Lehmann, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu, Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Kanu, hell even Cygan.

Never.

Except maybe to rot in the reserves.

qs

Established Member
Invincible said:

I'd rather eat my own ****e than see him back at the club.

lagos

Established Member
A drastic change is needed either of players or the manager or else it's going to be the same 'ol **** next year. You don't turn people who don't know how to win, players who now have 4 years of getting used to being losers into winners without a drastic change!

Zico

Established Member
Watching the game today, I kept thinking to myself, "we're screwed without Arshavin because there isn't another player on this Arsenal team who can take a game and turn it on its head."

In the past, a brilliant move by Henry, Pires or Bergkamp could unlock an opposition defense and get us a victory even when we didn't look great. Now we do not have that. As a priority, Wenger should look to bring in one more player like that. Adebayor, van Persie, Bendtner, Fabregas and Nasri are all wonderfully talented players, but none of them can really take ownership of a game in the way that Cronaldo or even Rooney can. Let's get one more matchwinner, even if it requires having to trade away one of those good players we have.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom