• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4th place or Sp**s down?

Biggus

Established Member
True Gooner said:
outlaw_member said:
Q's has got it spot on, although I prefer Sp**s getting extinct, and myself winning the Euro's lottery.

Who the f**k will you laugh at? You haven't thought this through, have you? :roll: ;)

It's true, they do fill an ecological niche- like flies, worms & maggots etc.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can I be greedy and ask for the title - both CL & EPL

Or otherwise 4th place and

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
having our last game against Stoke be one that if Stoke win, Sp**s get relegated, we "accidently" score an own goal :)

Oooh I can imagine the wailing cries :lol:

Wenger14

Established Member
We could always get back into the CL next year. Watching Sp**s go down will be something to tell my grandkids about though.

Burnwinter

Established Member
A funny thought occurs: on the Sp**s boards this question is probably being phrased as "would you prefer Arsenal to finish outside the top four or us to stay in the top flight?"

Biggus

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
We could always get back into the CL next year. Watching Sp**s go down will be something to tell my grandkids about though.

I've seen them relegated to the old division 2, and Man U too, ahh golden days.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
What would be cool though, is having our last game against Stoke be one that if Stoke win, Sp**s get relegated, we can "accidently" score an own goal :)

I never thought of that. And imagine Ade scoring that "own goal". That would improve his record of goals against Sp**s.

<keegan voice>I'll love it if they go down</keegan voice>

alboots101

Established Member
Biggus said:
Wenger14 said:

I've seen them relegated to the old division 2, and Man U too, ahh golden days.

ahh..good day`s good day`s...do you remember asking every sp*rs fan..."when do we play you this year?"

sp*rs down every day of the week.

kel varnsen

Established Member
4th place. don't see the value of a relegated Sp**s at all. funny, true, but from a pragmatical viewpoint, it makes no difference to us.

stuart

Established Member
4th. Dont care what the small time **** do. Theres no way they'll go down anyway. If they did they'd bounce straight back up thinking their the dogs balls for winning the league

LeRon

progman07 said:
Both, to be honest. :D The question should be whether title or Sp**s relegation. That'd make me think a bit harder.

so you'd rather they go down than us winning the league?

this is a no brainer and has been asked so many times before. us to achieve success over that lot going down. who cares that much what they do? they'll always be in our shadow!

sabret00the

Established Member
Lukazan said:
True Gooner said:
I don't want Sp**s to be relegated, I love the North London Derby - highlight of my season.

Agreed. Not to mention that finishing outside of the top 4 would be utterly unacceptable.
It's ludicrous that anyone that calls themselves a supporter would willingly see their team into such a disastrous position.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Realistically 4th. Sp**s are more to be pitied than laughed at and why would we prefer see Spuds play Charlton than see Arsenal take on Real or Inter or Barca?

In a dream world? Spuds relegated, Chelsea 4th, Arsenal 5th and win the CL...oh man that would be sweet watching Chelsea scramble to cut costs and sell players

TomasCR

Established Member
4th place. Anyone who´s said otherwise is a .... (Promised myself to not use the word, fill in the letters yourself.)

Love laughing at them, but to see them going down to the prejudice of us getting 4th? Come on now.

progman07

Established Member
LeRon said:
progman07 said:
Both, to be honest. :D The question should be whether title or Sp**s relegation. That'd make me think a bit harder.

so you'd rather they go down than us winning the league?

this is a no brainer and has been asked so many times before. us to achieve success over that lot going down. who cares that much what they do? they'll always be in our shadow!
No. You really imagine things that aren't there. I basically meant that 4th place is MUCH more important than Sp**s getting relegated, and the question would be more reasonable if it was put in a different way.

I myself don't care much about Sp**s, it's a good laugh but many times sour, when we also do bad.

McIntyre

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
In a dream world? Spuds relegated, Chelsea 4th, Arsenal 5th and win the CL...oh man that would be sweet watching Chelsea scramble to cut costs and sell players

I think it would be even funnier seeing the rats fleeing the sinking Spuds ship if they got relegated. Didn't Defoe hand in a transfer request the day after West Ham got relegated? Bentley, Lennon, Modric and a few others would be straight out that door too.

As much as I enjoy our derbies with them, I'd much prefer having their relegation to taunt them with for the rest of eternity. And if they ended up languishing in the Championship for more than one season the humiliation would escalate to the point where they simply couldn't say anything to us ever again. Seeing them get beat by Championship teams every week would be quality. Plus they'd have to scale back their plans for the Emirates mkII. No point having a 60,000 seater stadium if your team's sh*t, you can't fill the stadium and, most importantly, you can't afford it. :lol:

Wouldn't that humiliation be almost priceless?

I'm not sure if I'd want to lose our Champions League place for it. But if there was a guarantee that we'd be back in the Champions League next season and that Spuds would be stuck in the Championship for a while, then I'd probably choose Spuds going down.

Or, even better, Spuds get relegated, we finish fifth, but Chelski get thrown out of the competition after Abramovich liquidates the club and we take their place. Hey presto, Chelski and Spuds out of the picture in one fell swoop, and let the gloating begin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classy_Gunner

It would have to be 4th place .Of course it would be a nice scene to see Sp**s suffering in the Championship but we need the amount of money that is generated from the tickets and revenue deals for the CL. I would miss the fiery NLDs anyway .

gunnerGH

Established Member
4th man. Its vital. We gotta stay in the Champions League spot to keep our current set of players and get improved ones!

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom