• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A thread for everything Fabregas related

Toast

Established Member
I'm getting very tired of all this Fabregas nonsense, so could all you who are really into the 'debate' please have you discussions in here so I, and others like me, don't have to read about about it in a bunch of other threads?

I'll even help you get started:

Cesc Fabregas - saviour or traitor?
Cesc Fabregas is at Chelsea - should we care or not?
Cesc or Özil - who's the better player?
Cesc Fabregas - would you have his babies?

And anything else you can come up with. Knock yourselves out, but for the love of zombie Jezus, please keep it in this thread.

GDeep™

League is very weak
US_Gooner said:
Is the Fabregas banner at Emirates gone?

I don't think it has. I was browsing twitter last week and saw a pic posted up by someone who had just visited around the Emirates.

I'm in no mood for any Cesc debate, myself, him joining Chelsea was closure for me. A great player, will continue to be for some time, but we've moved on. His post match interview was sad, Arsenal didn't want him so what could the lad do?

"I just want to play". I don't hate Cesc, I tried to, but can't do it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
US_Gooner said:

I don't think it has. I was browsing twitter last week and saw a pic posted up by someone who had just visited around the Emirates.

I'm in no mood for any Cesc debate, myself, him joining Chelsea was closure for me. A great player, will continue to be for some time, but we've moved on. His post match interview was sad, Arsenal didn't want him so what could the lad do?

Same. It's fairly obvious if he could have come back here, he would have done so in a heartbeat. It's a shame things turned out the way they did but that's life.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why not just look back a page and post Cesc related stuff in here, seeing as he's a Chelsea player?

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193952</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Doesnt matter, carry on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cesc Fabregas - saviour or traitor? Neither
Cesc Fabregas is at Chelsea - should we care or not? No
Cesc or Özil - who's the better player? Özil
Cesc Fabregas - would you have his babies? I wouldn't let him touch any of my potential children.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I dont hate Cesc, never have done. We didnt ask him to come back, so he didnt turn us down. The End!

Iceman10

Established Member
This thread is an excellent idea. When it appears there is going to be the usual flare up of Cesc vs. Özil stuff on match threads people can be told to shout if off here as opposed to taking the match threads off track. Having said that I don't plan to say much in this thread because the decision of AW giving Cesc a pass was understood and accepted and much of the arguments have been done already associated with that. A few months back when the decision was accepted it was recognised we already had Özil and Ramsey with Wilshere also, who needs match time and pushing him down the pecking order further would have seriously put that in jeopardy.

There were other priorities for this window, and that's that.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
In the recent fallow years since the move to the Emirates, Cesc was the poster boy for Arsenal and it's best player. We could just about stomach him going to a parasitic Barcelona. Many were emotionally placated with the knowledge of a buy back clause inserted into his transfer. The fact that he left Barca and we didn't snap him was bad enough but for him to sign for our biggest rivals and a club & a manager which are the anathema of everything our club stands for has hit hard.

I'd be lying if I said that it didn't hurt like hell to see Cesc masterminding Maureen's slick, high powered attack.

We move on but you have to think that he sure as **** could've done the business for us. He could well win the CL with this team and he was one of the final pieces in Mourinho's team. He'll make Chelsea much better and I'd be surprised if he didn't win one of the big ones this season.

I'm sad that he was exactly what Chelsea needed and they got him. The MotM performance yesterday was just salt on the wound. I'd forgotten how ****in' good he was.

Buhry

Established Member

Rex Banner said:
GDeep said:
US_Gooner said:

Same. It's fairly obvious if he could have come back here, he would have done so in a heartbeat. It's a shame things turned out the way they did but that's life.

Yeah the whole situation is just a bit sad. Considering we paid huge money for Özil last season it didn't make sense to resign him especially considering Ramsey is starting to look like a WC b2b player as well. I do think Fabregas is better than Özil though, I thought fabregas was amazing when he was here. Hopefully Özil can prove that wrong this season.....

I can't hate him for going to Chelsea when we turned him down and he was pushed out of Barca. I hope he doesn't reach the same heights as he did when he played for us though and keeps up his Barca form which was kinda meh.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Jury, I see on another thread you called a position I took as *, a classless word used by people not understanding of mental illnesses and honestly I thought you were better than that. As it is I'll take time out to rationalise and explain my position and hopefully you can reply in a similar manner, or you can name call and I'll leave it there.

Firstly, Fabregas is a world class talent, a talent I gladly would have welcomed back to the Emirates. However, that doesnt mean he didnt have his issues. Bottler was the main one you took issue with. The role of a captain in my opinion is to be a leader, to stand up and be counted, needs to be mentally strong, to stand up to adversity and in big moments provide something. Fabregas done a lot of that but not enough and shouldnt have been captain. Kick him off and he shy's away and in England that is a massive issue where teams will be aggressive. That attitude, shying away, permeates to the squad especially when we had players like Nasri who would see his leader do it and then do so himself. Contrast with Vieira and Adams they had the balance of everything I feel a captain needs, offer brilliant moments be it a goal or a defensive masterclass but they also stood up and were counted, they werent ones for shirking away when kicked and would give it back - players will follow that example.

Is the fault Wengers or Fabregas' that is a different question. Wenger answers the question here <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-role-of-the-captain-is-overplayed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... overplayed</a> I disagree with Wengers view on a captain, Van Gaal has it spot on I believe that the player represents the team. But assuming Fabregas was selected as he was the best player at that time an argument could be made to make Özil current captain as he is (or can be argued) our best player, yet few would say he would make a good captain especially after Bayern and how much that game affected him? Also people have said the pressure he is under as main man hasnt helped him, is Özil a bottler currently yes because there is pressure on him at Arsenal whereas at Real he had Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso, Ramos etc who took the pressure of him and allowed him to play his natural game. Fabregas had this luxury at Barcelona where he could play his game without added pressure of being a captain or even the main man where Messi, Xavi, Puyol etc where the main players. At Chelsea he will be afforded a similar luxury, there will be expectations but again there are big personalities and main men in Terry, Hazard, Ivanovic.

I suppose then Fabregas was a victim of the situation at that time with us but at the same time he was the captain and under his leadership we were bottlers. Fabregas said himself "I'm realising more and more that football is all about confidence and mentality". Sums it up that even he realises football requires mental strength and as captain he didnt have enough of it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340098/Cesc-Fabregas-admits-Arsenal-bottle-big-games.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... games.html</a>

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Bob - Dont pull that bollocks on me mate. Indeed, that may work on a *****, but not me. 'Unintelligent' or 'stupid' also falls under '*****' or '*'. And the arguments you presented were both.

glaveror

Oh man, you can already tell that this thread is gonna be soo much fun. Can't wait till he reaches few more assists and goals, we're probably need some RAWK-style moderating in here.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom