• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

Tom Mix

Selling Ramsdale would be fairly typical of how we've handled these matters recently - get rid of the evidence and if it rebounds on us because of injuries or because the player does well elsewhere just blame the player who wanted to leave or had committed some (unspecified) offence.

So we had the ostracising of Özil and Auba, the cheap sales of Guendouzi and Martinez (complete with chorus of yes-men chanting he's not that good in the face of a world cup winner's medal, best goalie of the tournament and best keeper in FIFA awards), the release of Leno (who was gooder than Martinez which is why we got rid of Martinez, remember?).

Ramsdale had got himself into the England set-up on merit and he had some outstanding performances last season. To get rid of him now in a grubby little cut-price sale just to save some people's faces is not only wrong but also bad business. Here today and gone tomorrow; clearly Arteta has taken against Ramsdale but Arteta may not be here after the summer, so let's wait to see what pans out this season before losing money on this player.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Bit surprised if he doesn't force at least a loan out

No real reason for him to stay, he's not one of our Hale End wimps afraid to leave the nest nor is he a leech like Elneny

Malky

Established Member
So we had the ostracising of Özil and Auba, the cheap sales of Guendouzi and Martinez (complete with chorus of yes-men chanting he's not that good in the face of a world cup winner's medal, best goalie of the tournament and best keeper in FIFA awards), the release of Leno (who was gooder than Martinez which is why we got rid of Martinez, remember?).
He wasn't the best keeper at the tournament, before the final his stats were awful. People gave him that award because of 'that' save. He also only got the FIFA award because he won the world cup, it was a lazy choice. I mean he's completely outclassed in the Premier League by Allison!

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Selling Ramsdale would be fairly typical of how we've handled these matters recently - get rid of the evidence and if it rebounds on us because of injuries or because the player does well elsewhere just blame the player who wanted to leave or had committed some (unspecified) offence.

Ramsdale had got himself into the England set-up on merit and he had some outstanding performances last season. To get rid of him now in a grubby little cut-price sale just to save some people's faces is not only wrong but also bad business. Here today and gone tomorrow; clearly Arteta has taken against Ramsdale but Arteta may not be here after the summer, so let's wait to see what pans out this season before losing money on this player.
Arteta gets CL and he stays, regardless of what anyone here thinks. I think it’s obvious Ramsdale won’t play (which I disagree with), but the dice is cast and we should probably downgrade him and make some ffp space

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He wasn't the best keeper at the tournament, before the final his stats were awful. People gave him that award because of 'that' save. He also only got the FIFA award because he won the world cup, it was a lazy choice. I mean he's completely outclassed in the Premier League by Allison!

Still better than Ramsdale. And Raya.

Tom Mix

Facts trump opinions I'm afraid. What is also unquestionable is that none of his successors at Arsenal, and I'll include Leno, are even in the debate.
Arteta gets CL and he stays, regardless of what anyone here thinks. I think it’s obvious Ramsdale won’t play (which I disagree with), but the dice is cast and we should probably downgrade him and make some ffp space
Yes. But unfortunately at this stage we are far from guaranteed CL. If we continue imploding and end up 6th or lower he may walk or be asked to walk, whatever our personal views.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom