• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

All about right offers imo I think we looking to recoup the same amount we pay for him can't see we want more than 30M£ unrealistic specially for GK who not elite level
But we need to make profit too, sick of being mugged off with fees!!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I can't see us selling him for £30m in January, maybe in the summer, It seems high risk to let him go mid-season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I can't see us selling him for £30m in January, maybe in the summer, It seems high risk to let him go mid-season.

Depends who they can get as a replacement really. The reality is he probably doesn't play any more games this season and goalkeepers rarely get injuries. If selling him meant they could sign a forward or midfielder they might think the risk is worth it.

DuBB

I’m not gonna get into a back and forth over this, but anyone who thinks we won’t make a profit on him really needs to take the Pessimistic Arsenal Fan-Tinted glasses off.

It’s stomach churning how defeatist some of us are as a fanbase. Thankfully as we can see from on and off the pitch results, we’re not run how some of our fans feel

Bucephalus

I mean, isn't this blindingly obvious?

1. Goalkeepers do occasionally get hurt. Or go through a catastrophic drop in form. Or get a red card. That's why there's a backup. And while we can and will argue whether Ramsdale (or Raya, for that matter) is really good enough to be the Arenal number one, it can't be argued that the situation gives us the best and most experienced backup in the league.

2. The January window is short. There are only so many deals that can get done, especially skating so close to FFP as we're reported to be, so that incomings need to be balanced with outgoings. We all have ideas--left back, midfielder, RW depth, a real striker--that we're hoping Edu will accomplish, and adding in the need to to find a new backup keeper too just distracts from what we really want Edu to get done. Unless you really want to fade the risk of Karl Hein making his PL debut this spring.

3. If an astronomical offer comes in--say Dubravka has another howler at the same time as Newcastle gets bad news about Pope's recovery, and we're offered enough money that we could afford one of the big striker names--take it, and just pray we do fade that Karl Hein sighting.

Unless someone offers stupid money, Ramsdale can't be resolved until summer.

SupersoakerArsene

Ramsdale won't go. Clubs interested probably can't pay the fee wanted.
40+ million euros or he stays.

The games he did play this season, weren't great. He looked like a guy who was no trust at all from him manager.

Can't see a club buy him for 40+ million euros. Maybe Chelsea. But they already got so many keepers on their books...

Malky

Established Member
I like the brass neck to demand an “ astronomical “ fee for Ramsdale who’s out of favour for a goalkeeper on loan :lol:
That said, it makes sense - no club will have £30-40m to spend on a keeper and if Raya did get injured we’d be playing Champions league with Hein in goal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Meanwhile Todd Boehly be like...

8d8caefb-404a-42e5-8a66-3f0dcfaca479_text.gif

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What Hawk Is Cooking? Destiny's Hand
Trusted ⭐

Nah Boehly has his quota of pasty weirdos with Palmer. He's really into buying Japanese players this winter. If he's spending big, it will be on reuniting Caicedo with Mitoma. :lol:

We should force Tomiyasu to wear Mitoma on the back of his shirt for matches until the summer.

Boehly wouldn't be sharp enough to realize he's taller & suddenly has a much more chiseled face.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We should force Tomiyasu to wear Mitoma on the back of his shirt for matches until the summer.

Boehly wouldn't be sharp enough to realize he's taller & suddenly has a much more chiseled face.
That's what you think but I suspect this is how Boehly greets all new signings:

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom