• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
As a Newcastle fan, I would be happier with DDG than Rasmdale. I just hope DDG doesn't want to join Newcastle for some weird loyalty reasons. The situation with Rasmsdale reminds me how we also believed Tierney to Newcastle is a done deal. It is an obvious transfer for both party, but somehow it may never happen.

Halcyon Daze

No, he is not. He is not even better than Dubravka. Actually, i doubt that he is much better than Karius aswell.
Pope and Dubravka are rubbish with the ball at their feet. Shot stoppers. Need more than that these days. Ramsdale will be sought after.

Thrice

Looks like Pope’s out for the season.
In this case buying Ramsdale would make sense for this season. But what about next season? Pope and Ramsdale on the same team? Ramsdale's younger, so he'll be the one for the future I guess, but Pope is only 31. He still has a few prime years left in him.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Sarcasm ain’t your strong point. Ramsdale is very good with his feet. That’s why clubs will be interested.

Ramsdale's long pass completion last year was 35.8%, where Raya completed 44.7% at Brentford. Ramsdale is also worse in shot stopping, based on post shot expected goals data from Opta. Ramsdale conceded more goals last year then he was expected to, with the likes of Allison and Raya saving more then they were expected to, based on stats.

Then there's the eye test. I'm thinking about Ramsdale's great pass vs. Brentford two weeks ago, where his excellent passing almost cost us the game. Or how about Southampton at home last year, where he assisted the 0-1?

Excellent indeed. BTW, stats can be found here: Player Comparison: David Raya vs. Aaron Ramsdale | FBref.com. Clips of his howlers, you can look up for yourself.

Let's wait and see who wants him and pay us a **** load for this great goalie that we have.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Aaron is a good young keeper so should have suitors. However unless a real big offer comes in Jan we should not sell. We would have to search for a replacement & it's certainly not that easy to find a good keeper who is decent with his feet & doesn't mind being 2nd choice.
I still think he will be ok with England even if not playing much. Pope is possibly a doubt now & even if he wasn't still think Aaron makes the squad although prob as 3rd choice rather than 2nd.
Southgate is usually loyal to players.

I think if we let him go it should be in the summer at the earliest.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Ramsdale's long pass completion last year was 35.8%, where Raya completed 44.7% at Brentford. Ramsdale is also worse in shot stopping, based on post shot expected goals data from Opta. Ramsdale conceded more goals last year then he was expected to, with the likes of Allison and Raya saving more then they were expected to, based on stats.

Then there's the eye test. I'm thinking about Ramsdale's great pass vs. Brentford two weeks ago, where his excellent passing almost cost us the game. Or how about Southampton at home last year, where he assisted the 0-1?

Excellent indeed. BTW, stats can be found here: Player Comparison: David Raya vs. Aaron Ramsdale | FBref.com. Clips of his howlers, you can look up for yourself.

Let's wait and see who wants him and pay us a **** load for this great goalie that we have.

Raya's better with his feet than Ramsdale and he's better than nearly keepers not called Ederson with his feet. But the reason we bought Ramsdale is because he's good with his feet. Yes he's had howlers but so has Raya and nearly every ball playing keeper.

Now I don't watch other teams enough to say if Ramsdale is better or worse than what they have

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I just can’t understand how you can value him at that with a straight face, when you bought Raya for 30m and with every action since illustrating he’s better…

Sure, home grown plays in to it as well as contract and in this particular case Newcastle’s situation. But still, I don’t see anyone not just laughing at that.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I just can’t understand how you can value him at that with a straight face, when you bought Raya for 30m and with every action since illustrating he’s better…

Sure, home grown plays in to it as well as contract and in this particular case Newcastle’s situation. But still, I don’t see anyone not just laughing at that.

You probably just show Onana, Kepa receipts etc. I think £50M isn't bad, we won't get it though.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Raya is home-grown too

ThlRama

Player:Saka
The drought of top keepers in world football the last few years is insane. Excluding Ederson and Courtois, all other high-level goalkeepers have either regressed compared to how good they were for seemingly no reason (Neuer, De Gea, Oblak, Alisson, Szczesny, ter Stegen, more recently Onana), which is not something we were used to seeeing with keepers during the past, or they have never met their potential (Donnarumma, Arrizabalaga, Leno). Very few would really be worth considering for a very ambitious club, and then of course most of them are probably not for sale.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You probably just show Onana, Kepa receipts etc. I think £50M isn't bad, we won't get it though.

Ramsdale was crowned most valuable keeper at one stage by the media. I laughed at the time and it’s still funny now.

I think if Arteta did a fake rotation thing even just for the cameras, we’d have gotten a better fee but we’ve made a dog’s dinner of it.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom