• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I had so much hope for the future when that pic was released. I realised my mistake within a year. Ramsey is the best of that bunch and good luck to him at Juve.

Missing the main man Theo from the pic. Toss up between him and Ramsey in terms of who had more of an impact here over their career. On subject of the British core - wasn't Wengers drive towards that to do with feeling they'd show more loyalty after the likes of fabregas, nasri etc leaving?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Missing the main man Theo from the pic. Toss up between him and Ramsey in terms of who had more of an impact here over their career. On subject of the British core - wasn't Wengers drive towards that to do with feeling they'd show more loyalty after the likes of fabregas, nasri etc leaving?
That was exactly Wenger's thought with the "British core". Sadly,they were mostly rotten. A year after that pic,I lost hope in all of them but Ramsey is the only one I respect. His contribution has outweighed the combined contribution of all the others in that picture imo. Wilshere is probably the worst of the lot and he's meant to be Arsenal through and through.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's one of those players that have and will take a small part of my gooner spirit away with him when he goes. Not many do that. We went through a lot with Aaron, and he came up for us when we needed him most. Seeing him in the flesh put Chelsea to the sword in the 2017 FA Cup final straight after Chelsea equalised was one of those life moments.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I wish he was staying.

I've said it before and I will say it again. No midfielder since Patrick Vieira has done more for this club

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Yeah you can see in his celebrations of the goals he's still committed while he's here. Must be loving it, no pressure on him now, big $$ about to roll in, can just focus on doing as well as he can in the games he has left here.

He's our Steve Mcmanaman. Here's hoping he can achieve a level of success at Juventus similar to what Macca achieved at Madrid.

Promised myself I wouldn't get attached to another Arsenal player after Judas left but here I am.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In an alternate universe where we hadn't given the contract to Özil, maybe hadn't brought in Mkhi, and were able instead to give a contract to Ramsey, don't get me wrong there would also be grumbles. Any time he misplaced a pass people would complain that Özil wouldn't do that. It's also entirely legitimate to point out that a contract from 28-33 for a player with a history of muscle injuries is problematic.

However, isn't Ramsey exactly what Emery wants from his no. 10's? An energetic player who's more of a pushed up attacking no. 8? I realise that the horse has already bolted from the stable, and there's simply no going back, but I just cannot get my head around how we're losing the player who suits the new coach and stuck with the player who doesn't.

It's not even about which player you personally like. I like both Özil and Ramsey for different reasons. It's not about what sort of team you'd personally like to see. It's purely about which player is best suited to the coach's system.

Let's play Aubamawang

In an alternate universe where we hadn't given the contract to Özil, maybe hadn't brought in Mkhi, and were able instead to give a contract to Ramsey, don't get me wrong there would also be grumbles. Any time he misplaced a pass people would complain that Özil wouldn't do that. It's also entirely legitimate to point out that a contract from 28-33 for a player with a history of muscle injuries is problematic.

However, isn't Ramsey exactly what Emery wants from his no. 10's? An energetic player who's more of a pushed up attacking no. 8? I realise that the horse has already bolted from the stable, and there's simply no going back, but I just cannot get my head around how we're losing the player who suits the new coach and stuck with the player who doesn't.

It's not even about which player you personally like. I like both Özil and Ramsey for different reasons. It's not about what sort of team you'd personally like to see. It's purely about which player is best suited to the coach's system.
Ramsey is without a doubt better suited to Emery's system, and two years younger than than Özil to boot. The problem is we simply couldn't afford to give him a pay rise. The truth is we should have cut our losses on Özil at the same time as Sanchez. But the real ugly truth is that if we wanted to keep Rambo in his prime, this should have been sorted after he scored the winner in the Cup final against Chelsea. Too many times we have let good players wind their contracts down, forcing us to sell them.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

his first 30-40 minutes were fantastic. After that it was slowly downhill. I don't know how many passes he made but it was very little.

This is the reason why I don't like Ramsey as a long term no. 10. He does not control the games, he ruins a lot of counters and moves.

Great workrate and stamina, but not a player you can depend upon as a 10. Would be a great 8 or 7.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I wish he was staying.

I've said it before and I will say it again. No midfielder since Patrick Vieira has done more for this club

What a stupid statement, Fabregas carried us for years with a trash squad, Ramsey hasn't even been able to cement a first team spot his time here. I even put Santi ahead of Ramsey.

He did a good job marking Jorginho out the game. I really think Arsène didn't do a good job developing Ramsey, he wanted him to be goal scoring midfielder when he should've coach him to be an all around player.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That was exactly Wenger's thought with the "British core". Sadly,they were mostly rotten. A year after that pic,I lost hope in all of them but Ramsey is the only one I respect. His contribution has outweighed the combined contribution of all the others in that picture imo. Wilshere is probably the worst of the lot and he's meant to be Arsenal through and through.

True, but Wilshere wrecked by injuries and will be remembered as a case of what might have been.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What a stupid statement, Fabregas carried us for years with a trash squad, Ramsey hasn't even been able to cement a first team spot his time here. I even put Santi ahead of Ramsey.

He did a good job marking Jorginho out the game. I really think Arséne didn't do a good job developing Ramsey, he wanted him to be goal scoring midfielder when he should've coach him to be an all around player.

I see all of this and my response is as follows:

Two FA Cup final winning goals and less importantly, goals against every big side in the league.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
his first 30-40 minutes were fantastic. After that it was slowly downhill. I don't know how many passes he made but it was very little.

This is the reason why I don't like Ramsey as a long term no. 10. He does not control the games, he ruins a lot of counters and moves.

Great workrate and stamina, but not a player you can depend upon as a 10. Would be a great 8 or 7.

Right but my point wasn't about how we as fans like our no. 10 to be. I agree that in that position Özil is better, he has the better quality final pass than Ramsey. I prefer Ramsey in a 3 man midfield running from deep. My point was purely about what Emery seems to want from his no. 10's, and that Ramsey is basically that.

If I were constructing a team I'd put Özil at 10, a 9 in front, a goalscoring winger on one side and a playmaking winger on the other, with two no 6's in a double pivot. But i'm not constructing the team, Emery is, so it doesn't really matter how we personally see things.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
True, but Wilshere wrecked by injuries and will be remembered as a case of what might have been.
True about Wilshere but there's the rumours about wanting a pay rise. He chose to go on loan for himself. He didn't extend even for 1 year to give us a fee. When he was injured he was seen out and about smoking,at clubs and hiding from the police. He never seemed to have Ramsey's application or dedication to be the best he could. Ox was a big kid and Theo was arrogant enough to think he couldn't improve. Massive respect for Ramsey who deserves some kind of testimonial imo.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

True about Wilshere but there's the rumours about wanting a pay rise. He chose to go on loan for himself. He didn't extend even for 1 year to give us a fee. When he was injured he was seen out and about smoking,at clubs and hiding from the police. He never seemed to have Ramsey's application or dedication to be the best he could. Ox was a big kid and Theo was arrogant enough to think he couldn't improve. Massive respect for Ramsey who deserves some kind of testimonial imo.

Don't even think Ramsey had the dedication the be the best . After 13/14 his form just deteriorated to the point where he was shunted to the wing .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Right but my point wasn't about how we as fans like our no. 10 to be. I agree that in that position Özil is better, he has the better quality final pass than Ramsey. I prefer Ramsey in a 3 man midfield running from deep. My point was purely about what Emery seems to want from his no. 10's, and that Ramsey is basically that.

If I were constructing a team I'd put Özil at 10, a 9 in front, a goalscoring winger on one side and a playmaking winger on the other, with two no 6's in a double pivot. But i'm not constructing the team, Emery is, so it doesn't really matter how we personally see things.
yeah. Pretty much the best tactic that even worked for us in the past once Bergkamp came into his own. There is a video in the favourite matches thread that had 442 with Henry and Kanu, which is the same as yours but with two strikers.

Think Ramsey is going there to replace Khedira. Seems quite similar to him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't even think Ramsey had the dedication the be the best . After 13/14 his form just deteriorated to the point where he was shunted to the wing .
It's just my opinion,but I don't think Ramsey has the football intelligence or top,top technique to be what we wanted and that (as well as injuries) caused his form to plummet. Dont undetestimate the on field coaching he probably got from Arteta to do what he did in his best ever season.He's a very instinctive player imo. What I will say is that his hard work and versatility have allowed him to put in enough performances like yesterday to make him respected if not loved especially after the leg break. He not a joker like Ox,a jack the lad like Wilshere or a do the minimum like Theo. He's a grafter who is set to achieve more than his talent. It will be interesting to see how he does a Juve and I wish him well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom