• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The Alexis situation didn't work out so badly for us so who knows with Ramsey. I would on the whole prefer to call his bluff than sell to a rival if Emery really wants to keep him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont see him being like Ox phoning in games or Alexis annoying teammates.

I also dont trust the club to get a decent replacement by Thursday. Nzonzi is a good addition to the group but replaces nothing we lose with Ramsey.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I dont see him being like Ox phoning in games or Alexis annoying teammates.

I also dont trust the club to get a decent replacement by Thursday. Nzonzi is a good addition to the group but replaces nothing we lose with Ramsey.

I'm not really sure. We didn't have much issues with sanchez too before he has decided to leave.

The first bad game Ramsey is going to have his team mates are going to question his involvement

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm not really sure. We didn't have much issues with sanchez too before he has decided to leave.

The first bad game Ramsey is going to have his team mates are going to question his involvement
Majority of the team are so new I dont see any issues. Cant really blame Ramsey when they have been here for five minutes & in some cases forced moves.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I’ve warmed up to the thought of selling him now with the emergence of Torreira/Doozy and the possibility of playing mesut in AM.
Really hope that we sell him now, don’t care if he’s been here for 10 years. If he really wanted to sign he’d sign by now

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We're out of time. There are four days until the window closes. Sell to the highest bidding interested party. I think I'd prefer him at Utd to fight with Alexis or at Liverpool to collapse under Kolpp's geggen pressing over Chelsea but abroad is ideal. We've shot ourselves in the foot again but we look well stocked in midfield so let's take the money and hope that it all works out.
I don’t think Man Utd and Liverpool are that stupid.

lucky7

City - fernandinho 150k
United - Mata 140k
Chelsea - fab 156, jorgihno 150
Pool - no comparable wages in midfield

Seems like 150k is about right, but he has negotiation leverage on us.

It's a simple game for him. All he has to do is wait. He will earn more money the longer he waits whether he extends with us or moves on.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
City - fernandinho 150k
United - Mata 140k
Chelsea - fab 156, jorgihno 150
Pool - no comparable wages in midfield

Seems like 150k is about right, but he has negotiation leverage on us.

It's a simple game for him. All he has to do is wait. He will earn more money the longer he waits whether he extends with us or moves on.
WTF... you compare ramsey to them...

lucky7

WTF... you compare ramsey to them...
Not sure if you disagree about his quality compared to them or the positions. Are we saying Ramsey is an AM yet or still calling him a cm? I would say he easily compares to Fabregas and Mata.

Ramsey - 29 appearances 8 goals 8 assists
Mata - 37 appearances 4 goals 5 assists
Fab - 38 appearances 2 goals 4 assists

Ramsey 3 and 4 years younger than those two. They play different roles obviously, but I think Ramsey easily has equal or more impact to them.

Fernandinho is a better player than Ramsey. Obviously a different position.

Jorginho is a bit unknown in the epl but seems quality. I put this one because hes the newest high profile midfielder signing of the bunch. It shows current market for wages. It's not a perfect source but tramsfermarkt values Ramsey and Jorginho both around 45m, so Ramsey has a leg to stand on in requesting the same wage.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not sure if you disagree about his quality compared to them or the positions. Are we saying Ramsey is an AM yet or still calling him a cm? I would say he easily compares to Fabregas and Mata.

Ramsey 3 and 4 years younger than those two. They play different roles obviously, but I think Ramsey easily has equal or more impact to them.

Jorginho is a bit unknown in the epl but seems quality. I put this one because hes the newest high profile midfielder signing of the bunch. It shows current market for wages. It's not a perfect source but tramsfermarkt values Ramsey and Jorginho both around 45m, so Ramsey has a leg to stand on in requesting the same wage.
Scored 10, cost our team 20. Assist 10, when our team could’ve assist 10 more.

Individual stats means nothing because you can play **** for a whole match and score a lucky goal. Or you might have dribbled pass 10 men, passed to your striker, and he missed.

But if you’ve played well, it means you are good. It doesn’t matter if you don’t score or assist, the team stats will grow because of your indirect contribution.

Ramsey stats are huge trade off from his negative display in our buildup play.

Are there any stats that measure his mistakes? his missed close control, making wrong decisions, dribbling when there’s no teammate behind him protecting the back line, standing in opponent box when we need to defend, should’ve pass to a unmarked player but he decided to dribble.....?

Last edited by a moderator:

lucky7

Scored 10, cost our team 20. Assist 10, when our team could’ve assist 10 more.

Individual stats means nothing because you can play **** for a whole match and score a lucky goal. Or you might have dribbled pass 10 men, passed to your striker, and he missed.

But if you’ve played well, it means you are good. It doesn’t matter if you don’t score or assist, the team stats will grow because of your indirect contribution.

Ramsey stats are huge trade off from his negative display in our buildup play.

Are there any stats that measure his mistakes? his missed close control, making wrong decisions, dribbling when there’s no teammate behind him protecting the back line, standing in opponent box when we need to defend, should’ve pass to a unmarked player but he decided to dribble.....?
Stats in football are an old argument. The difference here is that you have to make your stats up to justify your argument.

I agree that Ramsey is not a perfect player. I dont know that I even want to keep him, but there are few CM's or AM's in the EPL who can produce goals (only Eriksen outscored him) and assists at his level though so whether perfect or not he provides a threat.

Ramsey is at a level easily comparable to Fabregas and Mata who also have flaws to their games.

Edit: Wanted to elaborate on a thought. I think the role of cm/am as a goal scoring position has passed for now. His goals are usefull but I would much prefer a more well rounded player. I'm just arguing to the salary he's worth in general to a top 6 EPL club.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yes but you've failed to account where they came from. Jorginho wouldn't have been on a massive wage at his previous club, so 150k is huge. Fabregas has not signed a new deal so is still on the original deal signed under Mourinho which was before the further explosion in wages. Fernandinho is the same he hasn't had his contract renewed in a long time. And Mata is on the original contract signed under Moyes.

So all these guys will be looking rises as they see others coming in or existing players pocketing rises. But only Fernandinho and Ramsey would be justified as they are key players whereas Mata and Fabregas in recent years have been on the fringes.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Yes but you've failed to account where they came from. Jorginho wouldn't have been on a massive wage at his previous club, so 150k is huge. Fabregas has not signed a new deal so is still on the original deal signed under Mourinho which was before the further explosion in wages. Fernandinho is the same he hasn't had his contract renewed in a long time. And Mata is on the original contract signed under Moyes.

So all these guys will be looking rises as they see others coming in or existing players pocketing rises. But only Fernandinho and Ramsey would be justified as they are key players whereas Mata and Fabregas in recent years have been on the fringes.
Fernandinho signed a new contract in January 2018

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Fernandinho signed a new contract in January 2018
I stand corrected. Renewed in 2018. My apologises. Saw it ran until 2020 which on that basis led me to conclude it hadn't been renewed for a while.

Now that I done a bit of dogging on City's wages they have a lower basic but high incentives. I read Augero is on a basic of around 220 but with extras that goes up to around 300.

"Since 2014 Mancherster City have been operating on a unique bonus/incentive based contracts for their squads and even the big name players like Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Vincent Kompany all agreed for incentive based contracts. All the players accepted the reduced basic salary but high performance based bonuses and incentives. FIFA financial fair play rule has forced City to kind of change their spending and that is visible in the recently leaked salary details of full team squad.

The following numbers only include the basic weekly salaries of the players but main players in the team enjoy lucrative performance based bonuses for example Aguero signed a new 5 year deal in 2014 with the basic salary of £220,000 a week but it can reach upto £300,000 a week with performance bonuses included".

I read another article that KDB gets his signing on fee spread over his contract and paid on an annual basis. So, certainly plausible the figures reported are low. And given Ramseys history with injuries understandable why he may want a higher basic, and how far we've been off the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom