• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
The most infuriating thing about this is he was our chance to make a bit of a stand with players running down contracts.
Van Persie and Sanchez were both single handedly carrying the team meaning they had us over a barrel and we couldn't afford to lose Özil directly after losing our other big name.
However this bloke is bloody lucky to be getting a game , he basically needs a team built around the way he plays despite the fact his first touch and general ability on the ball are no better than most Championship players.

He should have been given three choices, sign a contract, leave this summer, play for the reserves.
Van Persie and Sanchez was one thing but being strung along by mediocrity is a new low for us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully this will be the last contract failing from Ivans time here.

Cant blame Ramsey for holding out now the deal is nearly up. No chance I would renew in his position for anything other than a monster deal. Got to think carefully where the club is going before signing away your prime years.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Thank god we're finally moving on from Ramsey, we'll be so much better for it in the long run. I always say Wenger's faith in Ramsey was part of his downfall the poor man just wanted Aaron to succeed at all costs after the leg injury but it wasn't mean to be.

I hope we sell in January though, can't do a whole season of this guy.

stiiphunn

Established Member
If he wants to go, that's fine. If he wants to stay, that's also fine. I actually don't care all that much about what Ramsey does.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So my question for the people who want him to stay is, where would you like him to play for the next 4 years of his new contract? For his current role, the best player we have there is Özil, for B2B we have better option in Guenduzi, and for right wing we can just buy a new player or put Welbeck there, Ramsey has no qualities for that position.
Özil sucks in his current role and even his fans can't deny that, so the idea of them playing together is just not working out and never did. It's almost the same bad idea that fans had several years ago with midfield duo of Wilshere and Ramsey

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
So my question for the people who want him to stay is, where would you like him to play for the next 4 years of his new contract? For his current role, the best player we have there is Özil, for B2B we have better option in Guenduzi, and for right wing we can just buy a new player or put Welbeck there, Ramsey has no qualities for that position.
Özil sucks in his current role and even his fans can't deny that, so the idea of them playing together is just not working out and never did. It's almost the same bad idea that fans had several years ago with midfield duo of Wilshere and Ramsey

Four years is a long time. Will the manager or half this group of 29+ players be here in even two years? The strongest lineup for this group looks unknown even now.

Cant really see any positive in him leaving. The club seem to value him if we are offering 200k deal, rejecting big offers & the manager spoke about how key Ramsey was for him. We are also hemorrhaging players that know the club which I believe is always dangerous.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sell him in Jan for £20-30M use that money to buy a winger. Job done squad instantly looks more balanced.

He doesn't work deep in Emery's system and he isn't a number 10, Emery is clearly trying to push him out anyway.

If 4231 is the way we're going then get rid.

Leno

Bellerin
Sokratis
Koscielny
Monreal
Torreira
Xhaka
Auba
Özil
Winger replacing Ramsey
Lacazette

That starting 11 going into the new year gets us top 4 in my opinion.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We are also hemorrhaging players that know the club which I believe is always dangerous.
When you have a cemented culture it is. We're in a transitional period where a new manager is trying to instill his ideas and philosophy. If anything the mainstays from Wenger's era will hinder this.
Intitialy, despite being a critic, I thought Aaron would thrive under Emery. He hasn't though. He's looked decidedly average AND whats more, his annual injury is a mere weeks away. Quite honestly if he's out for the whole of November I'd retract the offer altogether.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Four years is a long time. Will the manager or half this group of 29+ players be here in even two years? The strongest lineup for this group looks unknown even now.

Cant really see any positive in him leaving. The club seem to value him if we are offering 200k deal, rejecting big offers & the manager spoke about how key Ramsey was for him. We are also hemorrhaging players that know the club which I believe is always dangerous.

Look at it from this perspective. We need to balance the squad by signing a winger, but you can't just sign a winger while you have so many central players, it doesn't work.

Can Ramsey play in a two with Xhaka deep? No, he doesn't have the defensive qualities or recovery pace.
Can Ramsey play with Torreira in a deep role? No because his passing ability is actually quite poor.
Can Ramsey play in the 10 ahead of Özil or Mkhitaryan? No, his quality is poor in comparison to the former two in that role.
Can Ramsey play wider? No, that completely unbalances the team with his lack of ability and lack of pace.

What is Ramsey good at? Making late runs into the box. He is a good goal scoring midfielder I'll give him that. But generally speaking unless we play 433 it'll never work with him here.

Mkhitaryan
Özil
Torreira
Guendouzi
Lacazette
Aubameyang
Xhaka

All come before him in the current system. I wouldn't want any of the above to leave for a winger, but Ramsey is completely expendable.

All we'd need to do is find a winger who can score/assist 15-20 goals a season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Look at it from this perspective. We need to balance the squad by signing a winger, but you can't just sign a winger while you have so many central players, it doesn't work.

Can Ramsey play in a two with Xhaka deep? No, he doesn't have the defensive qualities or recovery pace.
Can Ramsey play with Torreira in a deep role? No because his passing ability is actually quite poor.
Can Ramsey play in the 10 ahead of Özil or Mkhitaryan? No, his quality is poor in comparison to the former two in that role.
Can Ramsey play wider? No, that completely unbalances the team with his lack of ability and lack of pace.

What is Ramsey good at? Making late runs into the box. He is a good goal scoring midfielder I'll give him that. But generally speaking unless we play 433 it'll never work with him here.

Mkhitaryan
Özil
Torreira
Guendouzi
Lacazette
Aubameyang
Xhaka

All come before him in the current system. I wouldn't want any of the above to leave for a winger, but Ramsey is completely expendable.

All we'd need to do is find a winger who can score/assist 15-20 goals a season.

When you have a cemented culture it is. We're in a transitional period where a new manager is trying to instill his ideas and philosophy. If anything the mainstays from Wenger's era will hinder this.
Intitialy, despite being a critic, I thought Aaron would thrive under Emery. He hasn't though. He's looked decidedly average AND whats more, his annual injury is a mere weeks away. Quite honestly if he's out for the whole of November I'd retract the offer altogether.

I believe the club want to keep him badly. They know his importance to the team & club.

200k was not a bad offer by late September but expect many more leaks / claims from both sides. It will be messy just like with Alexis, Özil, Theo, van Persie & Nasri when deal short.

Granted no good options as we will either end up overpaying the player, receive a reduced fee or nothing. Any club waiting under 18 months before opening talks deserves it though... When you are a Real / Barce you can do that but not us while falling down the table.

Beast Incarnate

Good on the club for showing some backbone and not letting another mediocre player hold the club to ransom.

You don't want to be here and/or you feel you deserve to be paid more? Goodbye and good luck with that.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The club seem to value him if we are offering 200k deal, rejecting big offers & the manager spoke about how key Ramsey was for him.
I don't believe in anything club or Emery say, they are lying all the time. There is no benefit of him leaving other than the hope that they will bring in world class right wing that we really need. If that happens, I'm more than happy to see him leave. I think that's the last missing puzzle for us to compete with the big guys, so that's should be valid argument for him leaving the club.

Song Billong

Sell him in Jan and bench him until he's out the door. Then Özil can be played in his proper position, no more accommodating an underperforming player who doesn't want to be here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Juve really are keen doubt we will get a penny. They played it perfect with Emre Can.

Would be some move for Ramsey with their new project.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Sell him in Jan for £20-30M use that money to buy a winger. Job done squad instantly looks more balanced.

He doesn't work deep in Emery's system and he isn't a number 10, Emery is clearly trying to push him out anyway.

If 4231 is the way we're going then get rid.

Leno

Bellerin
Sokratis
Koscielny
Monreal
Torreira
Xhaka
Auba
Özil
Winger replacing Ramsey
Lacazette

That starting 11 going into the new year gets us top 4 in my opinion.
No one is buying Ramsey for 20-30m in January with 6 months left in his contract lol. We’d be lucky to get 15 tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom