• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The thing is, its a long season. Özil is suspect to injuries or illnesses. Our other wide AMs like Iwobi and Mkhy are inconsistent players even given their ability. If we wanna mount a EL run and go for top4 then I dont think its a terrible idea keeping him.

I wouldnt mind selling him in Jan for a replacement, but not a rushed one.

I feel like with the new leadership gone are the days where we panic buy ! Probably have a dozen of players in mind, if needed :)

Stannis

The thing is, its a long season. Özil is suspect to injuries or illnesses. Our other wide AMs like Iwobi and Mkhy are inconsistent players even given their ability. If we wanna mount a EL run and go for top4 then I dont think its a terrible idea keeping him.

I wouldnt mind selling him in Jan for a replacement, but not a rushed one.

Issue is Ramsey ain’t that effective as a ten, especially in our system. He is best making runs from midfield, something that always left us exposed.

The way we play, we need a technical player at 10. One that can also play in other position if need be. That’s why those links to Almiron made sense for me

neimad

maybe we should use Ramsey in a swap deal to get a back up striker ,since Welbeck is injured.

He won't want to move as he'd be in a better position in the summer to get a higher signing on fee and wages as no transfer money will be spent.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
maybe we should use Ramsey in a swap deal to get a back up striker ,since Welbeck is injured.
I think signing a winger is more pressing. We don't have to play both Auba and Laca. If one gets injured we can revert to playing just one

We already needed a pacey winger who causes defenders issues, we need one even more now that Welbeck is out for ages

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think signing a winger is more pressing. We don't have to play both Auba and Laca. If one gets injured we can revert to playing just one

We already needed a pacey winger who causes defenders issues, we need one even more now that Welbeck is out for ages

You not watching Bundesliga I see. We already have a solution to that.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I'd be happy for him to join a big club abroad because I don't have any reason to wish him ill, however it'd be quite interesting if this does actually happen, even now Bayern are so much bigger than Ramsey. Might have something to do with their crazy injury crisis in midfield?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I would be happier if he joined one of our rivals because it would mean they wouldn‘t get someone better than Ramsey instead.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Don't believe this Story with Bayern.

They have some positions with Problems, but the midfield isn't One of them.

Even if they don't Sign James, they have two similar Players to Ramsey with Tolisso and Goretzka. Thiago is a fix Starter anyway and then they have Martinez and Sanches too.

They would Need a defensive midfielder as replacement for Martinez, but Ramsey makes no sense - even without fee.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Don't believe this Story with Bayern.

They have some positions with Problems, but the midfield isn't One of them.

Even if they don't Sign James, they have two similar Players to Ramsey with Tolisso and Goretzka. Thiago is a fix Starter anyway and then they have Martinez and Sanches too.

They would Need a defensive midfielder as replacement for Martinez, but Ramsey makes no sense - even without fee.

Sanches and Goretzka are nowhere near what Bayern expected of them, they won't sign James and Martinez is rumoured to be surplus to requirements for years now.

So James, Martinez and possibly Renato out does leave room for Ramsey and possibly even another defensive midfielder.

Seems like Ramsey is actually joining a bigger club than Arsenal, when most on here said he was Everton level. Kind of funny.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Seems like Ramsey is actually joining a bigger club than Arsenal, when most on here said he was Everton level. Kind of funny.
I am not surprised at all, Bayern are so cheap. They want to compete in the CL, but don't want to pay 40m for James and giving Robben and Ribery new contracts. Would Bayern pay money for Ramsey if he wasn't free? Don't thinks so. It's a win-win situation for them, they will be able to sell him back to the PL for 30m if he doesn't perform.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In fairness, big European clubs do occasionally buy ****. Look at what Barcelona have taken off us. Ramsey has done nothing to justify such a big move, tbh. Bayern must be desperate.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sanches and Goretzka are nowhere near what Bayern expected of them, they won't sign James and Martinez is rumoured to be surplus to requirements for years now.

So James, Martinez and possibly Renato out does leave room for Ramsey and possibly even another defensive midfielder.

The season has just started and it is Goretzkas first season for Bayern and he had some injuries too. Many player did worse than him so far. Sanches looked much better this season too so far - besides of his finishing - and is the only one with some dynamic athleticism in their midfield.

Doesn't matter if it's a Two-Man or Three-Man-Midfield. Ramsey doesn't work it a Two-Man-Midfield in front of the defensive and for a Three-Man-Midfield Bayern would need a defensive midfielder much more.

Ramsey only would make sense if they sell one of Tolisso or Goretzka and i don't see this happening.
But hey, it's Hoeneß. You never know what his plans are.

Toby

But hey, it's Hoeneß. You never know what his plans are.

That's what I'm thinking :lol: Bayern might end up not buying anyone or go out and bring in 5 players...that's how bonkers Hoeneß and Rummenigge have become

Toby

I am not surprised at all, Bayern are so cheap. They want to compete in the CL, but don't want to pay 40m for James and giving Robben and Ribery new contracts. Would Bayern pay money for Ramsey if he wasn't free? Don't thinks so. It's a win-win situation for them, they will be able to sell him back to the PL for 30m if he doesn't perform.

Of course it's a cheap move, but not the worst for them.

The James case is a strange one cause he has actually been decent for them and is seriously cheap for 40m. I think he wants something more glamorous than Germany, but I also have the feeling he's become disillusioned with being shifted around from centre to wing to central midfield and back so they can accommodate their holy cow Thomas Müller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom