• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey - Stick or Twist?

Stick Or Twist?

• Stick

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Twist

Votes: 47 51.6%

• Total voters

DiamondGooner

Established Member
The Jury said:
It's pointless, Brady. I've given a good example of what you're up against. They don't know what they post from one to the next!

Once Ramsey finds his feet again, the same people will be back citing how 'patient' they were and how they always knew he had it. :lol:

I'll spell it out for you shall I .....

I said he isn't playing well but I have not given up on him yet!

You seemed to think I had to go one way or the other and decide now!

I replied by telling you to fk off!

End of story.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DiamondGooner said:
Is that you in your avatar? I ask because I don't recognise the face?
This is going to be a bit of a face-palm moment for you, don't worry we all have them: David 'Rocky' Rocastle.

Mark

Established Member
Not sure what Ramsey's best position is. He obviously shouldn't be playing as often as he is so soon after his injury, but Wilshere being out and a lack of an alternative has forced that to happen.

Still, he needs to be on the ball less. His forward passing isn't good enough, he can't really think quickly or read the game that well. He is decent at getting on the end of attacks though. Wish he tried it more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Here you go DiamanteGooner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/history/profiles/580/david-rocastle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/history/profiles ... d-rocastle</a>

Face-palm moment indeed. I should be gobsmacked, but you've numbed me to your bufoonery in the last few hours.

Enjoy the read.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
brady_style said:
He was injured after 30 minutes and replaced after 50.

He should be our creative spark ? So if the other players keep kicking the ball out of play or refusing to run into space it's his fault.

Obviously there is an onus on him to create just as is their is an equal onus on other players to "create" by running into space, byy playing the ball quicker, by showing for the ball.

Obviously he is not playing well but coming on here after that terrible game by our whole team, a game which highlights the deep rooted problems at our club and laying into a young player shows you up for the small minded cretin that you are.

You are content with the most stupid, most readily available, most easy to type answer to every question on these boards.

You're a waste of space. You offer nothing other than hackneyed absolute black or white answers to everything.

You are a poor excuse for a man and an even worse poster on this forum. Keep making excuses for all of Ramsey (and any other players) poor performance. I expect more from Arsenal players. I can't be bothered to detail everything wrong with that post as I stand by the notion 'do not argue with idiots as they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience'.

This excuse culture is why we are in the position we are in.

Injuries, the referee, they are young, we have potential, it was unlucky, teams kick us off the park, other teams spend millions, wenger knows.

Bore off.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
That's not entirely true, truth, I remember me and Brady having quite a few disagreements over some defenders. :mrgreen: He calls it pretty clean/as he sees it, in my opinion.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Truth: Coming from someone that wanted RVP sold before he became the jewell in our shabby crown, do you not think it'd be wise to hold fire on Ramseys poor half season? :wink:

truth_hurts

AnthonyG said:
That's not entirely true, truth, I remember me and Brady having quite a few disagreements over some defenders. :mrgreen: He calls it pretty clean/as he sees it, in my opinion.

If he is happy with Ramsey and is willing to make excuses for him then each to their own. I am not happy with Ramsey being a starting player here (yet). if he wants to resort to insults then he will come a very clear second place.

The topic is entitled Ramsey Stick or Twist and the gimp is taking excpetion to the fact some gooners want to twist. Bringing up other poor performances is a non factor in this topic as it is a topic about RAMSEY.

truth_hurts

The Jury said:
@Truth: Coming from someone that wanted RVP sold before he became the jewell in our shabby crown, do you not think it'd be wise to hold fire on Ramseys poor half season? :wink:

I'm not saying Ramsey should be sold i'm saying that he isn't playing at anywhere near a level of what is Arsenal first team standard or as I should say what used to be Arsenal 1st team standard.

I'm happy to be wrong about RVP but it's looking possible that now he has that monster season he may actually get sold in the summer :eek:ops:

Ramsey deserves to learn as an understudy to an established player. i wouldn't mind him as a back up, I do mind him as a starter - what had he previously achieved to be thrust into this role?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's fair enough, Truth, There are plenty mitigating factors for his poor form though, and these shouldn't be called excuse's.

people seem to forget how well he played towards the end of last season and before his injury. His promise was there for all to see, and nobody doubted it. NOBODY. He isn't the same player now, but this isnt uncommon for young players with huge potential and now, the burden of trying to play a pivotal role in a side struggling in all areas barring RVP.

In an ideal situation Aaron would be taken out of the heat and given time, but we don't have the option, which is partly down to bad luck with Jack, and Wengers management.

truth_hurts

The Jury said:
That's fair enough, Truth, There are plenty mitigating factors for his poor form though, and these shouldn't be called excuse's.

people seem to forget how well he played towards the end of last season and before his injury. His promise was there for all to see, and nobody doubted it. NOBODY. He isn't the same player now, but this isnt uncommon for young players with huge potential and now, the burden of trying to play a pivotal role in a side struggling in all areas barring RVP.

In an ideal situation Aaron would be taken out of the heat and given time, but we don't have the option, which is partly down to bad luck with Jack, and Wengers management.

I'm not disagreeing I don't hate Ramsey at all nor do I think he is a bad player just can not see why Wenger stubbornly refuses to try alternatives there for so long. We have Rosicky, Benayoun and Arshavin all capable of playing there yet Ramsey seems to have a season ticket in the AM position.

It cannot be ignored that there are other players struggling for form as well but players need to fulfil the requirements of the role and to be honest Rambo isn't linking play, isn't really finding those killer passed nor is he looking like a goal threat.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
DiamondGooner said:
Is that you in your avatar? I ask because I don't recognise the face?
This is going to be a bit of a face-palm moment for you, don't worry we all have them: David 'Rocky' Rocastle.

LOL damn I need to stop drinking but to be fair he stopped playing for Arsenal when I was about 8-9 yrs old and I don't remember his face that much, I know he was half cast but he looks asian in that photo ..... oh well face palm moment indeed, accepted and dealt out.

fabo

6.51 / 10
brady_style said:
illmatik wrote:
Song has been **** for so long, Djourou is a clown, Ramsey ineffective as ever, another hopeless game can only laugh

I don't understand this critique of Ramsey. What do you want him to do ?

Get on the ball and beat five players before pulling down his pants and using his arse cheeks to caress the ball over the line ?

Our midfield has so few options. The only pass on is out wide to our wide forwards.

Our wide forwards should be making runs in to the space between the fb and the cb.

This will open two options.

A ball to our running wide man OR another ball out wide to where are FB should be over lapping.

If our players continue to stand still NOTHING will change how easy it is to press us.

:lol:

You don't understand the critique of Ramsey yet called for Song and Arteta to be dropped. How did you get out of the Lobby?

patrick42uk

Established Member
For me, Ramsey playing at AM is the single most important detrimental factor to our offensive game. Has been all season. He is not a AM, he's not technically good enough.

truth_hurts

patrick42uk said:
For me, Ramsey playing at AM is the single most important detrimental factor to our offensive game. Has been all season. He is not a AM, he's not technically good enough.

I agree his attacking game is better when he is driving forward rather than when he is already in an advanced position where he needs to play the ball quickly. So much more suited to a CM role than the role he's been thrust in this season. Now yes it is Wengers fault for 1. playing him there and 2. keeping him there irrespective of performance, however there is no escaping the fact that his goal and assist tally is unacceptable.

Bossa

Established Member
He always slows the game down when we are countering attacking. He passes the ball back to Song and then we aimlessly pass the ball around in our own half and lose it cause opponents are pressuring our midfielders.

TheArsenalis

brady_style said:
illmatik wrote:
Song has been **** for so long, Djourou is a clown, Ramsey ineffective as ever, another hopeless game can only laugh

I don't understand this critique of Ramsey. What do you want him to do ?

Get on the ball and beat five players before pulling down his pants and using his arse cheeks to caress the ball over the line ?

Our midfield has so few options. The only pass on is out wide to our wide forwards.

Our wide forwards should be making runs in to the space between the fb and the cb.

This will open two options.

A ball to our running wide man OR another ball out wide to where are FB should be over lapping.

If our players continue to stand still NOTHING will change how easy it is to press us.

Man o man, ok, im no saying song is world class player or anything, but of all the three in iur soft jelly like center, defensively he sometime is outstanding, and offensively less so but he is the only who step forward to thread any quality through RVp and walcott. So step off his shoe mate, he cant do it all, he slows the game down even more than ramsey and lose the ball too but he does bring quality, and as for your dear ramsey, yes I would to see him beat 5 players, round da keeper but not neccessarily his arse.cheek but put the ball across the line, isnt that your dream player? Isnt that the type you desire to be in your club? I know be cant do that, but I want him to do better than he is.

Cruisio

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

Agreed

Persisting with Ramsey in that position is for me, at the top of a very long list of things we need to immediately change

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
patrick42uk said:

I agreed, what about Arshavin? I rate him very highly in a AM position but he has never played in his natural position.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
HollandGooner said:
patrick42uk said:

I agreed, what about Arshavin? I rate him very highly in a AM position but he has never played in his natural position.

Not enough energy or commitment to fill a MF spot IMO. Wouldn't work in theory, but then who knows... We couldn't ask him to do anything by way of tracking back; he never did at Zenit, and they got the best of him.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom