• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adel Taarabt

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Unproven in the PL, a Sp**s reject, a show ponny, would jump to a chance as soon as a bigger club would come calling. Don not want.

Pies

Vela said:
Not the type of player we need.

Yeah we don't want a player who scored 19 goals and had 16 assists last season, might disrupt our short passing game by actually going for goal.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Pies said:
Vela said:

Yeah we don't want a player who scored 19 goals and had 16 assists last season, might disrupt our short passing game by actually going for goal.

Stats from the Championship where players like Bellamy are world beaters :roll:

Pies

Beksl said:
Pies said:
Vela said:

So you don't give him any credit?
Clearly the best player in the league last season.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I do, but there are no guarantees he can produce that kind of performances in the PL and for the reported price coupled with his other ''characteristics'' he's not worth a gamble.

Vela

Established Member
He was the best player in the chapionship but premiership is a completely different league. Better teams, players, much harder etc. He plays where Fabregas does for us for QPR. Its more like the free role he can do what he wants does not have to track back.

Pies

I love how people say that stats in the Championship don't count for anything, yet if we were interested and he had like 2 goals and 5 assists, they would be saying he couldn't even make it in the Championship.

It's no win.

And no one with any clue thinks that Championship stats guarantees success in the PL. I also like how everyone tries to imply that.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Pies said:
I love how people say that stats in the Championship don't count for anything, yet if we were interested and he had like 2 goals and 5 assists, they would be saying he couldn't even make it in the Championship.

It's no win.

And no one with any clue thinks that Championship stats guarantees success in the PL. I also like how everyone tries to imply that.

I don't know exactly what's you point but those stats would certainly imply he can't make it in the Championship. :lol:

Pies

Vela said:
He was the best player in the chapionship but premiership is a completely different league. Better teams, players, much harder etc.

Could be said about pretty much anyone we have a decent hope of buying to be honest.

The PL is even different to La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 any of them, even at that level success isn't guaranteed in the PL by being good in another league. The Champions League doesn't even mean much, completely different to the Pl. Point is, there is no way to guarantee success in the PL when signing players, we've even seen players be successful in the PL and can't even reproduce that form at another PL club. Obviously not saying that the Championship is as good as quality as La Liga or the Bundesliga or anything, before anyone suggest that's what I'm saying. :roll:

dyeruz

Established Member
This guy is the most selfish footballer I have ever seen, he should be approaching world class status skill wise but I fear this guy doesn't take advice from anyone, it's either his way or nothing. Wenger would have know about him and brought him in if he thinks he could mould him into any sort of player. His recent petulant flouncing out of the Morocco squad because he wasn't selected says loads. Even if he knuckled down and reached his potential, he'd be off like a shot as soon as Barca or Real came sniffing around.

Pies

dyeruz said:
This guy is the most selfish footballer I have ever seen
Yet he led the Championship in assists - 16 assists this season.

Even if he knuckled down and reached his potential, he'd be off like a shot as soon as Barca or Real came sniffing around.

So wouldn't most of our squad or even most of the players in the world.

FFS how did I become Taarabt's Arsenal Forum agent. :|
I don't even think it will happen tbh, just that I think 10mil is a decent price for him and that I would gladly take him. :lol:

Irish_Owen

Established Member
dyeruz said:
. Even if he knuckled down and reached his potential, he'd be off like a shot as soon as Barca or Real came sniffing around.
In that case, we should never buy potentially world class players..

Right?

dyeruz

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
dyeruz said:
. Even if he knuckled down and reached his potential, he'd be off like a shot as soon as Barca or Real came sniffing around.
In that case, we should never buy potentially world class players..

Right?
No not necessarily, but Wenger wont buy players who could disrupt the dressing room harmony..or difficult players. I'm not personally against him coming to the club, he does provide an intangible.

dpt49

Established Member
Pies said:
Beksl said:
Pies said:
[

So you don't give him any credit?
Clearly the best player in the league last season.
We have gambled on too many players from inferior leagues, either in this country or others, and a lot of them haven't paid off.
Our only signing, in this transfer window, has been a Charlton reserve player, who is not ready to play at the highest level.
Wenger really should be aiming a lot higher than this

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He may do a Charlie Adam next year but this guy is NOT world class nor does he have that potential. He would only function well in a team built around him and every top club in the Premiership has at least 2 players better/more effective than him.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
I wasn't implying that he was world class btw

I was highlighting that it would be stupide not to buy a player just because they may get their head turned by Real or Barca if the progress in the future..

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom