• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Adel Taarabt

Ding Dong

Starting transfer rumours about yourself.. sounds like b*ll*cks to me.
Trying to big himself up - talking like he's a possible replacement for Cesc. please :roll: - whilst trying to make peace with the QPR fans in case he ends up staying. Even though he said he believed he was too good for the club before their season had even ended.

Also, he's a playmaker midfielder type, we've got plenty of those, most of who are better than this guy.

qs

Established Member
Pies said:
Vela said:
He was the best player in the chapionship but premiership is a completely different league. Better teams, players, much harder etc.

Could be said about pretty much anyone we have a decent hope of buying to be honest.

The PL is even different to La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 any of them, even at that level success isn't guaranteed in the PL by being good in another league. The Champions League doesn't even mean much, completely different to the Pl. Point is, there is no way to guarantee success in the PL when signing players, we've even seen players be successful in the PL and can't even reproduce that form at another PL club. Obviously not saying that the Championship is as good as quality as La Liga or the Bundesliga or anything, before anyone suggest that's what I'm saying. :roll:

I don't think you even know what you are arguing about any more. :lol:

Pies

Think it's pretty obvious what my point was.
Difficult to predict who will or won't be successful regardless of what league they come from.

:|

Emma Lusa

Why are we looking at attacking midfield players? We're linked with Taarabt and Jurado today ... neither of these players are within a million miles of Cesc or Samir. Both have previously 'failed' or at the very least been let go by top flight clubs to then have 'decent' seasons at a much lower level.
This had better not be a back-up plan should the unthinkable happen and one of our star players leave. We must be after far higher quality proven players than this, put these rumors to bed AW.

eye4goal

Established Member
I have no idea how he has 16 assists for QPR as he literally does not pass to anyone and tries to to do it all himself. He is extremely talented though and actually reminds me of RVP in his Feyenoord days. He's not as clean technically but he comes up with some sublime skill at times.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/868386-adel-taarabt-will-quit-qpr-and-may-join-friends-at-arsenal-neil-warnock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... il-warnock</a>
QPR boss says the Gunners are still a possible destination for Taarabt

Neil Warnock:
'As far as his talk of wanting to go to Chelsea or Arsenal, I know he has a lot of friends at Arsenal.’

‘I'm more inclined into thinking he will be going rather than staying. He has that many advisors and they're all pushing him to leave,’ added the QPR gaffer to the Evening Standard.

‘My advice to him is to stay until Christmas, get some experience and show people what he can do.

‘That may fall on deaf ears unfortunately. It's sad. I don't think I have ever spent so much time trying to get the best out of one individual and I think he will regret leaving.’

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Taarabt has unbelievable technique, it's clear his control and dribbling is his natural talent. His vision is not bad either. Let's face it, QPR is the only club that we've actually seen him show his talents but give the boy 1-2 more seasons and see how he does in the the more competitive league. If a decent player like Charlie Adam can do so well in his first season in the top flight, then I'm pretty sure a player with Taarabt's talent and technique can do twice the better.

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-line-up-qpr-adel-1423733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... el-1423733</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have never been sure on him but for 7M I think I would take him. He makes things happen, has that x-factor, goes past players, eye for a pass, shoots from outside the box, moment of brilliance type player.

Glovegun

Established Member
Not sure where else I'd put this, but I walked past the ground this morning on my way to work and there was a Bentley parked up on the main road with the numberplate '12 INCE'.

Dunno if Tom Ince can afford a Bentley at his age and on Blackpool's wages but perhaps he's the one we're looking at.

Almost certainly completely coincidental and complete rubbish, but thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

evoh_1

Established Member
GDeep said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-line-up-qpr-adel-1423733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have never been sure on him but for 7M I think I would take him. He makes things happen, has that x-factor, goes past players, eye for a pass, shoots from outside the box, moment of brilliance type player.

So we get rid of Arshavin to replace him with a younger, ****ter, lazier verson with a worse attitude?

Please. We need to onlty sign world class players now as we have a squad balls deep in squad / average players, no need to add to that with taarabt.

dpt49

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
GDeep said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-line-up-qpr-adel-1423733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So we get rid of Arshavin to replace him with a younger, ****ter, lazier verson with a worse attitude?

Please. We need to onlty sign world class players now as we have a squad balls deep in squad / average players, no need to add to that with taarabt.
Exactly.
These sort of players would not look out of place on the shopping list of clubs like Aston Villa or Fulham.
I was going to say Everton or spuds but even they wouldn't bother with a player like this.

Too inconsistent, bad attitude and no better than we already have.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's bloody awful, he just shoots every time he has a bit of space even if there's a pass on to a team mate in a better position.

He scores 1 in 50 attempts, I'd rather see Arshavin start every game for us than see this mug join.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Some of you need to be realistic, I think Taarabt is better than a lot of what we have, Andrei Arshavin is semi retired ffs. Available in January, cheap, experienced in England, young enough to come here and still develop. Key for me, I think he'll be happy being a squaddy at a Arsenal.

Ince is an Arsenal fan, but rumours are that he is pretty close to joining Manure.

dpt49

Established Member
GDeep said:
No we aren't, but he is good enough for Arsenal.
He is only any good for us if we want to carry on selling our best players and maintain our ambition for scraping in fourth place.

We have enough squad players of his standard,we should only be looking at players who are going to improve us, not keep us at the same level.

Even worse he is a spuds reject.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom