• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
That’s no discussion for me but the player should know better. He gives him the chance to send him off, and for what? To win a ball in a non-dangerous situation with no idea where the ball would end up.

Should have know better :lol: as if he has all the time in the world to think what’s the best in a given situation. He acted instinctively and as far as I’m concerned he didn’t react out of the ordinary. In what world that’s a foul I don’t know, the Villa player even stamped on his shin so there’s even an argument AMN was fouled considering he was first to the ball and already kicked it out of danger.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
That’s no discussion for me but the player should know better. He gives him the chance to send him off, and for what? To win a ball in a non-dangerous situation with no idea where the ball would end up.

He makes a perfectly fine tackle. It’s just not a foul bro, never mind a yellow. Football is a contact sport. Ainsley wins the ball cleanly. I know that his concentration is a huge issue but against Villa, he wasn’t in the wrong. Was a good tackle. If this is what the sport has come to where people think challenges like this are a yellow, then I just don’t know where the games heading. It’s absolutely pathetic. Refs a c*nt. got sympathy for Ainsley. Did VAR have a look at the challenge? Roy Keane and Vieira would make 20 of those challenges a game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Players shouldn't attempt to win the ball now? Is that what we're saying? How could AMN have anticipated him winning the ball cleanly and making an excellent challenge would result in him getting a second yellow card? In football there are moments which require risky actions, in the end he got it right but incompetent officiating got it wrong.

Also how is it a non-dangerous situation if AMN misses the ball and the Villa winger gets it then there's space to run into because AMN won't be in his full-back position and the attacker will have a free run. Also we were losing the game and looking to regain possession as quickly as possible. Nobody can convince me that AMN made the wrong decision going for the ball there.

There are certain players that the same posters view as immune to criticism but will now happily tear into a young lad playing out of position who's just made a good tackle but suffered due to poor officiating.

Gunner D

Players shouldn't attempt to win the ball now? Is that what we're saying? How could AMN have anticipated him winning the ball cleanly and making an excellent challenge would result in him getting a second yellow card? In football there are moments which require risky actions, in the end he got it right but incompetent officiating got it wrong.

Also how is it a non-dangerous situation if AMN misses the ball and the Villa winger gets it then there's space to run into because AMN won't be in his full-back position and the attacker will have a free run. Also we were losing the game and looking to regain possession as quickly as possible. Nobody can convince me that AMN made the wrong decision going for the ball there.

There are certain players that the same posters view as immune to criticism but will now happily tear into a young lad playing out of position who's just made a good tackle but suffered due to poor officiating.
Quality posting mate. Spot on with everything you said there.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Should have know better :lol: as if he has all the time in the world to think what’s the best in a given situation. He acted instinctively and as far as I’m concerned he didn’t react out of the ordinary. In what world that’s a foul I don’t know, the Villa player even stamped on his shin so there’s even an argument AMN was fouled considering he was first to the ball and already kicked it out of danger.
He makes a perfectly fine tackle. It’s just not a foul bro, never mind a yellow. Football is a contact sport. Ainsley wins the ball cleanly. I know that his concentration is a huge issue but against Villa, he wasn’t in the wrong. Was a good tackle. If this is what the sport has come to where people think challenges like this are a yellow, then I just don’t know where the games heading. It’s absolutely pathetic. Refs a c*nt. got sympathy for Ainsley. Did VAR have a look at the challenge? Roy Keane and Vieira would make 20 of those challenges a game.
I don’t understand you guys. Look how high his leg is, studs showing. That is not OK. It’s dangerous, and in the past we have lost many players ourselves to injuries because of tackles like that.

Gunner D

I don’t understand you guys. Look how high his leg is, studs showing. That is not OK. It’s dangerous, and in the past we have lost many players ourselves to injuries because of tackles like that.
He barely touched that trezeguet lad. He conned the ref like most of these pathetic footballers do nowadays. Rolled around like he’d been shot. How you’re defending this decision, I’ll never know.. agree to disagree.;)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He barely touched that trezeguet lad. He conned the ref like most of these pathetic footballers do nowadays. Rolled around like he’d been shot. How you’re defending this decision, I’ll never know.. agree to disagree.;)

It’s not the damage though. You can be booked for being studs up and out of control without making any contact. He totally got the ball, but was out totally of control with the follow through.

BUT to me it also looks like Trezuget left his foot in at the same time. Yellow for each player!

BTW is AMN badly injured?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's played almost three seasons as our RB now. Got sent off twice on soft yellows.

Feel like we got no patience for our young lads.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If people were offered to be at 6 games in only 2 points behind City and ahead of UTd, Sp**s nd Chelsea - most fans would of taken it.

If Emery won the Prem and CL people would be complaining that we didn’t do it in style!

.....Don’t get me wrong, he’s made some horrible choices recently though.

Pepes blue pill

EFODyR8WkAEhnez.jpg:large

Looks like our boy is going to try win the apprentice

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If people were offered to be at 6 games in only 2 points behind City and ahead of UTd, Sp**s nd Chelsea - most fans would of taken it.

No. You've got to look at the teams we've played. We should have gotten more points. Also, our general play is awful.

And even more important, seven points behind Liverpool already. They've had Chelsea away and us at home as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom