• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Pheonix

I think RWB is the best role for OX next season at least. He looks quite solid even defensively but adds so much more to us going forward. I think that in the middle he kind of complicates things..though he is a super talent.

We must NOT allow ourselves to be caught short our CM has been weak many times and although we improved last few games we need a real player in there that can dominate...(that used to be one of our strong points) run the show to be a serious title contender.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would love if our academy started producing talents on a regular basis, i mean that was the aim wasn't it? I still have the fourfourtwo magazine with Wenger talking about in an ideal world we'd produce 60-80% of our own players from within while adding 1 or 2 world class players every summer.

Iwobi, AMN, Nelson, Willock and a few others look either ready for the first team or have the potential to get there in a reasonably short period of time considering there was only really Wilshere before that and he was the only one in a long time to really break into the team.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Man's ruthless.
Man plays no games. You can tell from the interview that he's serious about his career and being the best he can be, he's not some douche f*ckboy. I hope we see a lot of him next season, he certainly deserves it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would love if our academy started producing talents on a regular basis, i mean that was the aim wasn't it? I still have the fourfourtwo magazine with Wenger talking about in an ideal world we'd produce 60-80% of our own players from within while adding 1 or 2 world class players every summer.

Iwobi, AMN, Nelson, Willock and a few others look either ready for the first team or have the potential to get there in a reasonably short period of time considering there was only really Wilshere before that and he was the only one in a long time to really break into the team.

The country in general is producing some top natural talents at the moment, that need to be enhanced further with progressive coaching at first team level. For us, the generation born 1997-2002 could be a very good one in terms of the amount of players we could potentially produce as a lot of them are talented. AMN, Nelson are the two jewels - both Hale End since 8 and 6 respectively. The Willocks are an odd one because both of them could leave this summer. Mavididi is another player who could quite easily make a mark for us, as he seems to be consistently improving with every game. I think Nketiah should count even though he joined at 14. The 2000-01 players might be of interest - Smith-Rowe, Coyle and John-Jules look like talents.

In time, the academy should hopefully begin to produce first team ready players like Ajax, as that was the aim.

Man plays no games. You can tell from the interview that he's serious about his career and being the best he can be, he's not some douche f*ckboy. I hope we see a lot of him next season, he certainly deserves it.
He's not f*cking about. His maturity bears out on the pitch and in the interviews. The Preston match springs to mind - playing in an unfamiliar position at RB and getting terrorized by a tricky winger in McGeady, he quickly regained his composure in the 2nd half and looked more competent. His confident showing against Southampton was also a precursor - he looked assured, unflappable for most of the game - the same as how he looked most of the season for the U23s. He'll seize the opportunity IMO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's either got a very good poker face, or he meant it from the bottom of his boots when he said "You want to be the best player in the world". Didn't flinch and his eyes were fixed. Sounds like he has plans.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Very disappointed miles isn't playing he is far better than the spuds player
Onomah? He's had a good tournament too, and had a decent final so far. It's tight in midfield. Cook, Onomah, Maitland-Niles and Ejaria are all capable of starting for this team. Cook and Onomah have both been quality aswell.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
My criticism of him might have been a tad harsh. He has some decent attributes although that lob from the half way line was ridiculous. He might be young but I'd expect a youth to understand that you're 1-0 up in a final.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Very disappointed miles isn't playing he is far better than the spuds player

Onomah is a talented player. Had a fantastic tournament too, must be said. His partnership with Cook was key for England.

I do like Maitland-Niles though, I don't think I rate him quite as highly as others but he has a lot of ability.

Rouski

Onomah is a talented player. Had a fantastic tournament too, must be said. His partnership with Cook was key for England.

I do like Maitland-Niles though, I don't think I rate him quite as highly as others but he has a lot of ability.

Its quality strength in depth like this that makes winning teams. Maitland-Niles can be very happy about his summer so far, he had a big contribution in the tournament and the final. He should make his mark in some pre-season games as well.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
What is AMN's natural position/role? Where does the board* think he will find minutes in the squad this upcoming season?

*AM not the Arsenal Board of which 99% should be sacked

Aevi

Hale End FC
What is AMN's natural position/role? Where does the board* think he will find minutes in the squad this upcoming season?

I think it's been generally agreed upon that his future is at CM, but his best chance at minutes is at RWB.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I just hope that Wenger actually gives him some burn instead of being benched over Gabriel or Coquelin in that RWB role when rotation is needed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Central midfield is where he is most natural and where his game has evolved the most. It is likely, however, that he will probably be seen as backup for the RWB position. He could potentially thrive there but it would be even better if he gets minutes in CM where I think his game will get much stronger.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom