• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alberto Gilardino

A

Anonymous

Wenger14 said:
I would really like to see an Arsenal women's team filled with models train naked :D , anyone has any idea how this can be done?

That was oh so random

asajoseph

Established Member
This one slipped under the radar, BUT

http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/italnews100505.html

Tribalfootball, I know, and the source is unclear, BUT these are direct quotes. Interestingly

"If I have to leave Italy, I would prefer to play in Spain than England."

Now, he mentions England as a possible destination, despite saying he'd prefer Spain - that makes me think that an English club has shown interest, and that might well be us....

ANYWAY.... Still not a cats chance in hell - he'd rather go to Spain.

patrick42uk

Established Member
asajoseph said:
This one slipped under the radar, BUT

http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/italnews100505.html

Tribalfootball, I know, and the source is unclear, BUT these are direct quotes. Interestingly

"If I have to leave Italy, I would prefer to play in Spain than England."

Now, he mentions England as a possible destination, despite saying he'd prefer Spain - that makes me think that an English club has shown interest, and that might well be us....

not necesserarily. in italy, 'abroad' is basically spain or england. when a player talks of a transfer, the question of whether he'd go abroad or not pops up. and he's just making his preference knows. cassano said a similar thing.

italians dont generally like england anyway. its probably their latin blood, the cultures are so different. coming to england holds very little advantage whatsover anyway because italy has big teams that pay big wages. the weather is **** as well in england.

JazzG

Established Member
He ain't gonna come here unless we offer Parma silly money, I *think* he wants to go the club that offers Parma the most as he cares about them but obviously the wages have to be right as well. Him joining us is nothing more than a pipe dream, unless Reyes leaves to R.Madrid AND Crespo stays at Milan I'd say there is 0% chance of him coming here as then Milan/R.Madrid would probably not go for him.

Also I'm not sure if he is Arsène's type of player but his all round game is excellent from what I've seen, him and Henry upfront is a dream combo!

gibo

they did sell adriano for around 18million, but they only had half of the players contract whilst inter owned the other half. so 18*2=36, nearly 34 then...

JazzG

Established Member
Will leave it open for now, so some of the loony fans can still dream about him signing for us ;)

AFCG7

Established Member
THey didnt say anything about selling him for £34 million .. they're saying their valuation of him is 54 million Euros.. whereas Adriano's valuation was 50 million Euros yet he went for much less... something like 30 million Euro.

Are you sure we really need him?
1)Henry
2)Reyes
3)RvP
4)Ali
5)Quincy
6)Lupoli

Do we really need him? :?: :?: :?:
For these money? I can find another way to spend 50 mln... That's for sure...

Canuck

Established Member
We're not getting him...and any team that's willing to pay 50 million Euros for him is daft. I don't care how consistent, or effective he is.

JazzG

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
THey didnt say anything about selling him for £34 million .. they're saying their valuation of him is 54 million Euros.. whereas Adriano's valuation was 50 million Euros yet he went for much less... something like 30 million Euro.

They owned 50% of Adriano and sold that for £18mill. £18mill x 2 = £36mill.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
it is just like a desperate team to slap on a rediculous price tag on a player just so they can milk him dry. the story today is that wolves have slapped on a 10 million pound price tag on lescott after interest from arsenal. they know thats terribly unrealistic. werent leeds asking for 12 million pounds for kewell? i would read absolutely nothing into it.

JazzG

Established Member
True but here the clubs involved can all pay big money so Parma are trying to exploit that. I seriously doubt he will go for £35mill but do think he will net them over £20mill.

AFCG7

Established Member
Point taken JazzG .. i was ignorant of that fact.
And i agree with the 20 mil amount..they wont get more than that for him.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom