• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Check

Good option as a squad player, he brings a certain drive to the team, but seriously needs to up his game next season. His decision-making and risk aversity in the final 3rd is killing him.
Yeah whenever he is subbed on he is quite good, like last sunday. But when he starts that confidence and drive that he has when he is subbed on, is just missing. Would keep him as a sub though.

simonreq

Can't believe, that people still back players like Iwobi. He's our version of Jordan Ibe. He should be sold as soon as possible, while there's still buyers and we can get a decent sum for him.

Backup or not, you can not have offensive players with so poor decisionmaking in the final third when you're pushing for CL/Title.

progman07

Established Member
Can't believe, that people still back players like Iwobi. He's our version of Jordan Ibe. He should be sold as soon as possible, while there's still buyers and we can get a decent sum for him.

Backup or not, you can not have offensive players with so poor decisionmaking in the final third when you're pushing for CL/Title.
Nope. We have Iwobi-Mkhitarian-Özil in the squad as attacking midfielders/wingers/whatever. Ramsey is leaving, and that's it, just look at our bench today. It's already paper thin, and if we are going to sell one of the 3 players it should be Mkhitarian, who is on bigger wages with less to offer.

It's not football manager, this is real life where you cannot just sell half of the squad and improve on everyone within realistic budget. We have to move step by step unfortunately.

simonreq

Nope. We have Iwobi-Mkhitarian-Özil in the squad as attacking midfielders/wingers/whatever. Ramsey is leaving, and that's it, just look at our bench today. It's already paper thin, and if we are going to sell one of the 3 players it should be Mkhitarian, who is on bigger wages with less to offer.

It's not football manager, this is real life where you cannot just sell half of the squad and improve on everyone within realistic budget. We have to move step by step unfortunately.

Don't agree. The issue is that we always tend to keep the players for too long, and thats an issue that we have to work on. Iwobi is still fairly young, and should be able to garner a solid 20-25m.

Next season theres another spot that we'd like to strengthen, which means that Iwobi/mkhi, whoever is giving another season, because "we're already paper thin".

I think the entire squad should be taken to the cleaners, and do a proper rebuild with the players that Emery/DOF actually wants.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not a fan of him outwide can see a future for him here more central in the post Özil / Micky era even if more of a squad player. How he slows down play is much more of an asset with pace outwide.

Thought the movement from Özil, Lacazette & the midfield was dire tonight when Iwobi had the ball though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He won't start for Everton or wolves. Keep as squad player or sell him starting week in week out for a club as our size is embarrassing

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I was really high on him, but his lack of progress is disappointing.. The best he has looked for us was right after he broke through as a 19 year old, development is not linear, but you would have hoped he would step up another level by now. I have more time for him than most, so not giving up on him yet, but he better figure it out soon.

I like a lot what he has offer but with lack of goals I just don't think he can cut it here!

Would like to see him as attacking midfield here before I completely give up on him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was really high on him, but his lack of progress is disappointing.. The best he has looked for us was right after he broke through as a 19 year old, development is not linear, but you would have hoped he would step up another level by now. I have more time for him than most, so not giving up on him yet, but he better figure it out soon.

I thought for a while it was confidence, when he first came through he’d have no problem taking his man on and shooting.

Now he’s almost a shadow of that youngster, he stops play dead, doesn’t like to dribble and can’t really cross or shoot.

He’s useful at making the pitch big but at a supposed top level club that’s not enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi won't be good player if he panic everytime he near to the box if he won't improve that anytime soon he will struggle to stay in this league

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think his work ethic is suspect , impossible for him to be striking the ball as bad as he is if he has actually been working on it , it's just so technically bad it's unreal .

ksarp

His body of work suggests he isn’t progressing. Same issues, different coach. This issue is, considering his wages , might put off other teams. A Theo Walcott in the making.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The problem is he should be a sub option with a proper starting quality player ahead. He shouldn't be our go to as an option out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom