• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

ricky1985

Established Member
Seen it mentioned a few times. The links aren't great, just interested to gauge how the fans would feel about Hleb returning.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/205556-alexander-hleb-tries-to-crawl-back-to-wengershould-wenger-take-him-back" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2055 ... e-him-back</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://community.footballpools.com/blog/2009/06/24/alexander-hleb-former-arsenal-star-available-perfect-for-liverpool-everton-or-aston-villa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.footballpools.com/blog ... ton-villa/</a>

thegame24

Established Member
Re: Alexandre Hleb

Tough one, would like his talents back but he and flams screwed us.

However, i would rather get him back then see him go liverpool and win them the league

AFCFan4Ever

Is this serious?

Want no part of that ****...he wanted out, he got out. He can't hack it at Barca and in no way shape or form should we even think of taking him back.

He can continue to rot on the bench.

otfgoon

Established Member

Eh, I was one of Hleb's biggest fans before he left and even I'm not sure I'd want him back.

SPF103

Not a chance. He should suffer the consequences of his move by moving to an inferior team now. I will never want him back, not even for free.

kooldawg

Established Member

I'll have him back as well. If we can get him for cheap then i'll take him back as a squad player.

lagos

Established Member

Yes we could use him as a squaddie, but he burnt his bridges so NO!

taylor314gh

well, it would mean i could wear that Hleb jersey I bought... seriously though, he would be worth another look if he would learn to shoot and pay his transfer cost...

kamikaze80

Established Member

there's no quote or any substance to those links. it's just some anonymous internet guy thinking out loud. like we are.

anyway, could we use a player with his characteristics at his price tag? absolutely. but him specifically? no - we now know he's not committed to the cause.

Lazaq

Since there's no substance to these links, I'm not sure why I get so worked up by this, but I certainly am! Not for no reason, not for all the tea in China, for all the hillbillies in USA, for all the beer in Germany, would I wan't him anywhere near Arsenal again. He clearly showed we weren't good enough for him back when. And now, when he's realized that the grass ain't any greener, he comes crawling back to us? Well, allow me to welcome you with a kick in the nuts and a loogie in your face, you useless, no-scoring, weak, pitiful little excuse for a football player, let alone a man. No fun winning those cups from the stands, is it?!

:bash

But as I said, there no substance, so the above is irrelevant. Nice to get it out of my system though.

progman07

Established Member

godfather said:
don't want him back. we have Arshavin and Nasri.
Obviously it's terrible logics, Hleb, however limited he is, did much more than Nasri. People hated Hleb for his bad stats, but Nasri's 2 assists are VERY weak, for someone that was supposed to be a creative midfielder with good passing and vision.

Anyways, Hleb's a classless ****, who used the worst ever excuse for leaving, "London is too noise and lively for me".

DREVAK

Established Member

I didn't exactly love his style of play but he was an extremely vital and key part of that very good Arsenal midfield. And all players are mercenaries so I wouldn't really care too much about why he left or not. He could also provide another wide option, something this team does not have in abundance. I'm rather undecided. At the very least he would be a useful squad player. But would he fit into the team now? Could he be just as important now as he was before, despite all his shortcomings?

GunneDown

Wenger has never bought a player back... why would he start with Helb.... **** post...

TomasCR

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
I'd have him back for a reasonable price. We could use him on the bench.
Be afraid what you're saying or I'll bump the old Alex Hleb thread and you'll have a lot to do to vindicate these words Klausie! That's what a ****er I'm, yes.

Not a chance! He left us after three years at Arsenal, got himself sent off three games before the season ended because he already knew he was leaving and we have now three very solid players who can play on his position. That's why he deserves to sit three ****ing years on Barca's bench and as much as I loved his play when he was here, I hope he will rot in hell.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Will take him back in a heartbeat, he is much better and offer us more then Nasri does, its time that Nasri gets a kick up the arse, he isnt really progessing I think its the pressure for him.

Nasri will be a great player no doubt but he need a player who rotate him.

Arshavin and Hleb icelicking...

Sorry people, but he is a quality player who will make us better. :eek:ops:

But it wont happend though, its the same with Henry endings his career with us..

Jameel46

Established Member

wouldn't mind at all. he didn't leave in as bad a way as many are suggesting, wasn't good but not an ashley cole type sell now was it? And he should come at a decent price.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom