• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I really can't even think of one aspect Lacazette > Giroud, I would say pace but Lacazette is slow too.

It's like no one watched the Europa final.
Even today, Giroud plays for a better team, gets picked for France and like you said, humiliated Arsenal and Laca in the EL cup final.

Lacazette has nothing on Giroud.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lacazette is the better footballer easily. He's the better dribbler and the better finisher. Only area Giroud tops him is Passing and holdup play.

You posted 2 things for each, how does that make him the better footballer easily?

It's debatable that Lacazette is the better finisher, I'll give you dribbling but everything else I'm giving to Giroud. Passing, technique, hold up player, strength, size, scores beautiful goals.

I didn't even rate Giroud when he was here but I can appreciate him now I've watched Lacazette at Arsenal.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You posted 2 things for each, how does that make him the better footballer easily?

It's debatable that Lacazette is the better finisher, I'll give you dribbling but everything else I'm giving to Giroud. Passing, technique, hold up player, strength, size, scores beautiful goals.

I didn't even rate Giroud when he was here but I can appreciate him now I've watched Lacazette at Arsenal.
Giroud's hold up play and technique is overrated though. I remember him constantly loosing the ball with his back to goal

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Giroud's hold up play and technique is overrated though. I remember him constantly loosing the ball with his back to goal

Yeah he was an average player who had great games at times, I'm not saying he's amazing or anything.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lacazette has absolutely nothing on Giroud, better close control in tight spaces maybe but that's it. It's not even as if Lacazette has blistering pace. They're both in the same tier. Giroud is far more useful tho. When he's not playing great he's still a handful, just chuck in crosses and he might get his head on one. When Laca is playing bad, which is quite often, he's absolutely ****ing useless. He's such a hindrance. Also Lacazette was meant to be brought in as a goal scorer, you know we blamed Giroud and his droughts a lot yet Lacazette's numbers are numbers Giroud would be getting criticised for.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

, you know we blamed Giroud and his droughts a lot yet Lacazette's numbers are numbers Giroud would be getting criticised for.
Are you new to this thread?

Most posters (including me) have been murdering Laca on here for most of the season.

I really do think lacazette's time here is up.

The truth is They're both bums. Keeping Giroud all those years really did a lasting damage to this club.

Just like Laca should also be binned this season. He has been gash

If we had an Auba level striker in 2013/2014 or 2015/2016 we'd have walked the League.

Instead wenger persisted with Giroud

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lacazette has better workrate, dribbling (I'm not arsed about that as an attribute though for a no.9) and better finishing.

Giroud has had a far better career though, so it's hard to say Laca is better. In the right set up, I'd rather Laca than Giroud.

GoonerJay24

Are you new to this thread?

Most posters (including me) have been murdering Laca on here for most of the season.

I really do think lacazette's time here is up.

The truth is They're both bums. Keeping Giroud all those years really did a lasting damage to this club.

Just like Laca should also be binned this season. He has been gash

If we had an Auba level striker in 2013/2014 or 2015/2016 we'd have walked the League.

Instead wenger persisted with Giroud

Even if we had Messi as striker, you can't win anything with so many injuries to key players like we had in those years you mentioned.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Even if we had Messi as striker, you can't win anything with so many injuries to key players like we had in those years you mentioned.
IIRC, even with the injuries we were still creating chances during the crucial period if the season, Giroud was still missing them. If the Suarez deal had fall over the line, I bet we'd have had at least one title by now.

But instead we persisted with Giroud.

It's quite embarrassing that for almost 6 years Giroud was the de facto starting CF for a club of this size.

I don't know who's to blame if it's the board or Wenger.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
IIRC, even with the injuries we were still creating chances during the crucial period if the season, Giroud was still missing them. If the Suarez deal had fall over the line, I bet we'd have had at least one title by now.

But instead we persisted with Giroud.

It's quite embarrassing that for almost 6 years Giroud was the de facto starting CF for a club of this size.

I don't know who's to blame if it's the board or Wenger.
The blame was always on Wenger who wanted Özil at all cost while we've already had a better player in Cazorla, and there were Ramsey, Wilshere and Chambo as a backup.
55m spent on that plus the potential of getting 20m for Giroud gives you enough money to buy a top quality forward. Instead, he was stacking up players in midfield and ended up not knowing how to use them. Cost him his job

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some people really dislike Laca :lol:

They even try to take away the merit of his Arsenal player of the season award from last year, yet they will bring up the one Ramsey won in 2018 as something to be proud of...interesting, one rule for people they like and another for people they don’t, wouldn’t expect anything less from the usual suspects tbf ;)

Being serious though both Laca and Giroud are good strikers, about the same level really...as I said Giroud is more useful when at his best and has had a much better career than Laca, one of the best things about Ollie is his mentality and he should be rightfully proud of his career.

But at his worst, Giroud was definitely worse than Laca, it was almost like he was useless...from 2013-2016 we were close to a league title and had a much better team than we do now, there were times when Giroud looked really good but equally times when he looked worse than Chamakh...he had all of these players in their prime...

16514716586_49e92f9306_b.jpg

...yet still went through ridiculous scoring droughts, guarantee Laca would have looked better with this group especially prime Sanchez...the money thing is also unfair, prices changed ALOT from 2012 to 2017, not Laca’s fault he cost £45 million, that’s just the game in 2017, Giroud would have been higher if we bought him then especially after all he achieved with Montpellier...also a bit of a difference dealing with Montpellier and dealing with Lyon tbf.

Don’t want to be too harsh on Giroud, as he was a good player for us, he had periods were he looked like he was becoming a top striker for us, Laca can probably never say that for us...but we had a significantly better team during Giroud’s time here than Laca, that should be considered before judging Laca to harshly.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They even try to take away the merit of his Arsenal player of the season award from last year, yet they will bring up the one Ramsey won in 2018 as something to be proud of...interesting, one rule for people they like and another for people they don’t, wouldn’t expect anything less further usual suspects tbf ;)

Being serious though both Laca and Giroud are good strikers, about the same level really...as I said Giroud is more useful when at his best and has had a much better career than Laca, one of the best things about Ollie is his mentality and he should be rightfully proud of his career.

But at his worst, Giroud was definitely worse than Laca, it was almost like he was useless...from 2013-2016 we were close to a league title and had a much better team than we do now, they were times when Giroud looked really good but equally looked worse than Chamakh...he had all of these players in their prime...

...yet still went through ridiculous scoring droughts, guarantee Laca would have looked better with this group especially prime Sanchez...the money thing is also unfair, prices changed ALOT from 2012 to 2017, not Laca’s fault he cost £45 million, that’s just the game in 2017, Giroud would have been higher if we bought him then especially after all he achieved with Montpellier...also a bit of a difference dealing with Montpellier and dealing with Lyon tbf.

Don’t want to be too harsh on Giroud, as he was a good player for us, he had periods were he looked like he was becoming a top striker for us, Laca can probably never say that for us...but we had a significantly better team during Giroud’s time here than Laca, that should be considered before judging Laca to harshly.

It's not that Ramsey won the award, it's that he was our best player that season. ****ing Monreal was leading that race for a long time that year, which just about sums up the merit of it. Lacazette was not our best player last year, that's the point.

Prior to scoring against Newcastle when he misshit the ball, there was a run of games where Lacazette was absolutely horrendous. Like incredibly bad, absolutely no advantage to playing him whatsoever. He missed so many chances, messed up counter-attacks, gave the ball away constantly. We were creating chances during that period, he either missed the chances he got or was not in the box to get on the end of them. Also we still had Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, etc for his first season and two of them for the year and a half he was here and he still went on droughts without scoring so I'm not sure how you can guarantee he'd have done better.

Besides I'm not really arsed about debating Giroud and Lacazette at their worst, neither are good enough to be a starting striker at a club like Arsenal. That's the bottom line here. The fact that people gladly slate Giroud and his time here but will still back Lacazette is mind-boggling, it's almost like they're in denial because they got so excited when he was initially signed that they can't just accept he wasn't this massive upgrade on Giroud they thought he was. I just don't understand how people can just refuse to acknowledge what's in front of them. Take the L and move on, Lacazette hasn't turned out how we hoped, Wenger accepted that after 6 months and brought in Auba.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

They even try to take away the merit of his Arsenal player of the season award from last year, yet they will bring up the one Ramsey won in 2018 as something to be proud of...interesting, one rule for people they like and another for people they don’t, wouldn’t expect anything less further usual suspects tbf ;)

But at his worst, Giroud was definitely worse than Laca, it was almost like he was useless...from 2013-2016 we were close to a league title and had a much better team than we do now, they were times when Giroud looked really good but equally looked worse than Chamakh...he had all of these players in their prime...

Top post
Like you pointed out, Giroud mostly played with Cazorla, Sanchez, prime Özil, Ramsey and other very good midfielders like Wilshere and Chambo.

Any decent strike will be in with of shout of the golden boot with a midfield like that. Yet the guy inexplicably went those crazy scoreless streaks where he would miss easy chances that a Sunday league striker would score. But he also had his purple patch for which has absolutely blinded a lot of fans to how bad he was.

I reckon Lacazette would look better than he currently is with that kind of quality midfield behind him. But that's not an excuse for his poverty performance this season.

One of the questions I wish to see Wenger answer in his upcoming book is whether he bought Giroud to be a starter or a bench option?

But regardless of whether you rate him or not, you can't deny the fact that Laca was one of our best players last season.

The agenda merchants will cherry pick arguments in favour of the players they like.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Also we still had Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, etc for his first season and two of them for the year and a half he was here and he still went on droughts without scoring so I'm not sure how you can guarantee he'd have done better.
He only played with Alexis for half a season. An Alexis that was already finished and his head was no longer here.

Özil signed signed that mammoth contract just before he came and he has declined since then.

So yeah, if Laca had those three players in their prime, he'd most certainly be playing better than this. But it's not an excuse for his poor performance this season.

This season he has been as bad as Giroud at his Worst

say yes

forum master baiter
Lacazette is a better footballer than Giroud. More mobile, better on the ball, and significantly harder working. Also not a massive self-involved ****.

Up until this season, Lacazette had been consistently more productive too. He won our player of the season last year on merit.

I’ll happily admit that he hasn’t been as big an upgrade as we were hoping for, but anyone who would take Giroud over Lacazette in those teams from 13-16 is either being blinded by their anti-Laca agenda or is forgetting what a disaster donkey Giroud was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom