• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Lacazette to replace the goals that Aubameyang has been scoring? Never happening.

But we’ve all heard that before countless times and yet he ends up with shocking stats at the end of every season.

As much as I was not a fan of Giroud, I think he was even more influential than Lacazette imo plus we didn’t spend a huge fee on Giroud. He showed up in Baku this time last year and Lacazette went missing once again.

His stats last season was not shocking. He won POTY for a reaason.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

His stats last season was not shocking. He won POTY for a reaason.

Arsenal.com POTY :lol: that doesn’t mean anything. Poverty award.

He only won that because the fans believed the hype when he twerk a few times last season but where was he away from home? Would you mind bringing up those stats...?

The streets don’t forget how he went missing in Baku too. Giroud showed up but our POTY went missing.

The quicker we get rid, the better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He only won that because the fans believed the hype when he twerk a few times last season but where was he away from home?

Scoring at Napoli and at Valencia :cool:

Laca was quality last year, come on...all over this place this season really, but most of our team has been ****.

say yes

forum master baiter

He only won that because the fans believed the hype when he twerk a few times last season but where was he away from home? Would you mind bringing up those stats...?

The streets don’t forget how he went missing in Baku too. Giroud showed up but our POTY went missing.

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but let me assist you:

Lacazette contributed to 32 goals last season, one of the most productive seasons in Emirates’ history. He is one of only 8 players to have contributed more than 30 goals in a season since we moved to the Emirates 14 years ago.
Here’s how they rank:

RVP - 51 g+a in 11/12 - 80.3 mins / g+a
Sanchez - 48 g+a in 16/17 - 88.1 mins / g+a
Fabregas - 39 g+a in 09/10 - 78.7 mins / g+a
Aubameyang - 39 g+a in 18/19 - 99 mins / g+a
Walcott - 37 g+a in 12/13 - 80.8 mins / g+a
Fabregas - 37 g+a in 07/08 - 108.2 mins / g+a
Sanchez - 37 g+a in 14/15 - 116.9 mins / g+a
Adebayor - 35 g+a in 07/08 - 105.7 mins / g+a
RVP - 34 g+a in 08/09 - 101.4 mins / g+a
Giroud - 34 g+a in 13/14 - 120.4 mins / g+a
Lacazette - 32 g+a in 18/19 - 104 mins / g+a

He didn’t have an elite season ala Van Persie in 11/12, Sanchez in 16/17 or Fabregas in 09/10, but when you move past those stand-outs his numbers are comparable to any other ‘great season’ at the club over the past 14 years.

More productive (considering minutes played) than Adebayor or Fabregas in 07/08 and Sanchez in 14/15. And that’s despite our most effective creative weapon being a ****ing LB all season.

Oh and those weren’t unimportant goals either:

Let me know if you need any more information.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette contributed to 32 goals last season, one of the most productive seasons in Emirates’ history. He is one of only 8 players to have contributed more than 30 goals in a season since we moved to the Emirates 14 years ago.
Here’s how they rank:

He didn’t have an elite season ala Van Persie in 11/12, Sanchez in 16/17 or Fabregas in 09/10, but when you move past those stand-outs his numbers are comparable to any other ‘great season’ at the club over the past 14 years.

More productive (considering minutes played) than Adebayor or Fabregas in 07/08 and Sanchez in 14/15. And that’s despite our most effective creative weapon being a ****ing LB all season.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

:lol:

Somebody actually defending Lacazette, I never knew those people were still around.

Where’s his stats from his away games last season? Also, what’s his stats like this season?

And it’s funny that they mentioned he’s a big game player in that twitter post but he went missing in our biggest game of our season in Baku.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Here’s how they rank:

Let me know if you need any more information.

:drool:

He was great last year, don't know why people can't say that, I can say he has been way off that level this season...his all round game was so good, our best attacking player in pretty much all our big games last season.

The percentage of his goals scored away from home was 32% last season, Thierry's was 38% in 03/04...need I say more.

UpTheGunnerz

Somebody actually defending Lacazette, I never knew those people were still around.

Where’s his stats from his away games last season? Also, what’s his stats like this season?

And it’s funny that they mentioned he’s a big game player in that twitter post but he went missing in our biggest game of our season in Baku.

Come on man, no reason to be so hostile. I think the majority of the forum are on the belief that Laca is not good enough or producing enough but thats not to say that he had a bad season last year. He was one of the few that actually delivered relative to what was expected of him/them

And regards to Baku, name one player that showed up. Why pin it all on Laca

Again, i respect the opinion that Laca is not good enough, and i share it to some extent, but why color the last season in shame?

say yes

forum master baiter

Yep that final in Baku was definitely his fault. Nothing to do with our defence conceding 4 :rolleyes:

Anyway, what’s your response to his “sHocKiNg” stats from last year mate? You asked for them - presumably to prove some clever point I must be missing - but now that I’ve provided them you haven’t commented on them at all?

We’re all waiting for your insight!

UpTheGunnerz

Laca has scored against Valencia, Napoli, Atletico, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham since his arrival. Obviously not a bad player, but questions can be asked if he is the right fit

say yes

forum master baiter

He was great last year, don't know why people can't say that, I can say he has been way off that level this season...his all round game was so good, our best attacking player in pretty much all our big games last season.

The percentage of his goals scored away from home was 32% last season, Thierry's was 38% in 03/04...need I say more.

Lacazette deserves more from his critics tbh.

Better players than him have had their reputations absolutely shredded on this forum. But the most robust criticism Laca’s faced so far is that he’s got a big bum ffs. Tragic stuff. Not even sure why I bother coming into this thread.

Usual suspects should be ashamed of themselves.

Now comparing Laca to Henry.

I will let it slide because its Saturday and before I got sober 4th August I did worse things.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lacazette deserves more from his critics tbh.

Better players than him have had their reputations absolutely shredded on this forum. But the most robust criticism Laca’s faced so far is that he’s got a big bum ffs. Tragic stuff. Not even sure why I bother coming into this thread.

Usual suspects should be ashamed of themselves.

You're the one defending a guy with a serious drug problem, smh.

UpTheGunnerz

To me, the most sober discourse with Laca should be;
- He has delivered in big games BUT
- He has not been consistent enough to warrant a starting place as a striker
- Thus he should be sold at the right price
-BUT if he stays and shows the same grit its not the end of the world

People out here wants to portray him as the worst striker ever, i just dont see it. But each to their own. But i will not let it slide when people pin the debacle in Baku on him when there was a 350k a week german ghosting the **** through the whole contest. That **** does not sit right.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if Lacazette’s poor season was just an off year or if he has actually declined. His body language toward the end of Emery’s tenure was poor and he seemed to put on a lot of weight. He’s been fighting an uphill battle fitness and confidence wise ever since. He doesn’t look as physically sharp and fit as last season.

I wonder if it was a one off year and we get the 18/19 Lacazette back. All the haters can get ****ed, he was a good player last season.

Pop Tart

Established Member

He has no problem away from home if you know what I mean...:lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People are overrating Giroud just to bring down Laca.

I can't wait, a few years from now, when Xhaka has gone and we sign a new midfielder and he flops for us, some on here will start calling Xhaka world class :lol:

Lacazette is not a bad player. You could argue that we overpaid for him, but that's not his fault. It was how the market was post-Neymar.

Laca was our player of the year last season. It's nice to see some people devalue the award once a player we don't like wins it. When Ramsey won it the prior year, No one said how sh!t the award was. Now all of a sudden, it's sh!t because Laca won it?

Laca was quite good last season, if you fail to see that, it just means you're an agenda merchant. He performed well for us last season considering we weren't creating lots of chances.

This season, his performance has been pathetic that at times I was screaming for him to be sold. But just before the lockdown, he was building some semblance of good form. He had 3 goals in 4 games before the lockdown of which two of goals were winning goals

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aubameyang was obviously our POTY last season Lacazette just won cos of his haircuts and dancing, it was a popularity contest not about who was the true winner.

Back then people use to actually debate Laca vs Auba which made no sense, Lacazette has been average to below average his whole time here.

Plus who even gives a **** about a pointless online fan voted award means nothing.

People are overrating Giroud just to bring down Laca.

No one is overrating him, back then I thought he was bad but now seeing we spent 50 mil on a downgrade I realised maybe he wasn't that bad.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Another nail in the Lacazette coffin.

The post about his goals and assists record is telling. His best season and he was still below Giroud for goals and assists (granted Lacazette played less minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom