• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Good day to you too and when you see Lacazette, tell him to hook you up with his barber as that’s what you’re judging his performances on.

giphy.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not endorsing it, but tbh I reckon "hippy crack" it's absolutely rife among footballers. It's about the only intoxicating substance other than alcohol they can use without failing a drugs test, and it's much less damaging to your fitness than heavy boozing.

Can't say I'm particularly bothered by this.
Regular use impacts fitness though, I’m sure clubs have rules against this. Pretty sure Arteta will lay the law down.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Balloons are class tbf. Won't really impact him at all either, that being said not brightest thing to post.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It is kind of unprofessional I guess, but at the same time I don't want a bunch of nerds and choir boys representing my football club if I'm honest...for every top pro like Aaron Ramsey training the right way, I want a maverick like Jack Wilshere getting pissed every weekend...I want a nice mix of personalities, not a bunch of robots always doing what they're told.

Give me Ray Parlour getting absolutely hammered, before putting in a man of the match performance at Old Trafford as we win the league...I want some Kenny ****ing Powers-esque lads at my club again!

scytheavatar

Established Member
It is kind of unprofessional I guess, but at the same time I don't want a bunch of nerds and choir boys representing my football club if I'm honest...for every top pro like Aaron Ramsey training the right way, I want a maverick like Jack Wilshere getting pissed every weekend...I want a nice mix of personalities, not a bunch of robots always doing what they're told.

Give me Ray Parlour getting absolutely hammered, before putting in a man of the match performance at Old Trafford as we win the league...I want some Kenny ****ing Powers-esque lads at my club again!

Dude, if you are a professional athlete I expect you to rather get shot in the head than drink a can of coke. The days of Kenny ****ing Powers-esque lads is ancient history, we are now in the era where every gram of food eaten by footballers is monitored. The fact that Lacazette doesn't have the discipline to stay away from dodgy activity speaks volumes about his attitude and commitment to be a top player. And yet we as fans are supposed to worship this level of players?

GDeep™

League is very weak

You’re stuck in 1995. Players are on massive wages, under greater scrutiny etc, that sort of behaviour is a thing of the past. Guys like Adams openly say their career was extended when Wenger came in and changed the culture, how can you now want to go back to something like that? Weird post.

Not that anything Laca is doing now is anywhere near what the older generations got up to.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Dude, if you are a professional athlete I expect you to rather get shot in the head than drink a can of coke. The days of Kenny ****ing Powers-esque lads is ancient history, we are now in the era where every gram of food eaten by footballers is monitored. The fact that Lacazette doesn't have the discipline to stay away from dodgy activity speaks volumes about his attitude and commitment to be a top player. And yet we as fans are supposed to worship this level of players?

No it's not.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Are Salah, Mane, Kane, De Bruyne etc, the top players at our rivals, doing similar? At the top level players do generally live like monks and saints as it’s about fine margins.

You’re stuck in 1995. Players are on massive wages, under greater scrutiny etc, that sort of behaviour is a thing of the past. Guys like Adams openly say their career was extended when Wenger came in and changed the culture, how can you now want to go back to something like that? Weird post.

Not that anything Laca is doing now is anywhere near what the older generations got up to.

Not to mention that game has changed. The physical freaks are scouted easier and now all teams have them. Many players at lower clubs have ambition and facilities to be in top conditions every day of the year. Its why small clubs can actually compete with big clubs on the field.

Yeah players at top clubs could get drunk in the past because at small clubs everyone was getting drunk too plus being worse at football. But every player at a small club that follows what sport science has discovered in the last 20 years can close the quality gap significantly on the matchday if the top player takes it easy.

I would like too see player on close to 200k per week be more serious on the field and off the field!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Probably is, if they’re following a diet in line with their body type or weight management.

There was that famous story where reporters were at an awards party where everybody was drinking etc, but they looked at the Arsenal table and saw guys like Vieira, Pires, Henry etc removing the skin off their chicken.

They have certain guidelines to follow, and fitness levels to hit. They can eat what they like so long as the results they reach the required fitness levels. That being we all know they are top top athletes so it would be so rare for any footballer worth his salt not to have a strict diet.

I just don't think at all that footballers are being monitored about what they eat so closely when away from the training ground and game days. You often see them eat out a lot and when at home they'll know what they should be eating.

I'd be surprised if many footballers have a set diet to follow.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've heard loads of stories of top managers tracking what their players eat and given them instructions in terms of their diet, it's certainly not a case of "eat what you want as long as you're fit".

Pretty sure in the Pep confidential, Pep gave the Bayern players guidelines on what they should eat. At City Clichy said Pep banned certain foods. In fact I've read that they give players "doggy bags" of food for them to eat at home. Pep certainly is big on strict diets.

Here's two articles where it's mentioned for City anyways.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/inside-story-how-pep-guardiola-11537157

This one talks about the doggy bags as well as the various nutritionists at the club.

https://www.foottheball.com/manches...oses-strict-diet-banishes-overweight-players/

In this one Clichy talks about the rules Pep introduced with banning certain foods and how Nasri failed to meet requirements or whatever. In fairness he does go on to say that the whole thing was new to him.

But if Pep, arguably the top manager in the world, is so big on diet and having strict rules for his players in terms of diet, fitness, etc then you can imagine it's something to be taken seriously. Arteta was at City so I'm sure he'll be similar to Pep. You can imagine managers like Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, managers big on work rate would also have similar ideas. I can't imagine the really top managers just letting players eat what they want, because the small percentages can make the difference.

I've heard loads of stories of top managers tracking what their players eat and given them instructions in terms of their diet, it's certainly not a case of "eat what you want as long as you're fit".

Pretty sure in the Pep confidential, Pep gave the Bayern players guidelines on what they should eat. At City Clichy said Pep banned certain foods. In fact I've read that they give players "doggy bags" of food for them to eat at home. Pep certainly is big on strict diets.

Here's two articles where it's mentioned for City anyways.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/inside-story-how-pep-guardiola-11537157

This one talks about the doggy bags as well as the various nutritionists at the club.

https://www.foottheball.com/manches...oses-strict-diet-banishes-overweight-players/

In this one Clichy talks about the rules Pep introduced with banning certain foods and how Nasri failed to meet requirements or whatever. In fairness he does go on to say that the whole thing was new to him.

But if Pep, arguably the top manager in the world, is so big on diet and having strict rules for his players in terms of diet, fitness, etc then you can imagine it's something to be taken seriously. Arteta was at City so I'm sure he'll be similar to Pep. You can imagine managers like Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, managers big on work rate would also have similar ideas. I can't imagine the really top managers just letting players eat what they want, because the small percentages can make the difference.

Besides as a manager, I would trust many players to follow their own diet but Laca is clearly an example of a player that needs to be on strict and monitored diet.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Are Salah, Mane, Kane, De Bruyne etc, the top players at our rivals, doing similar? At the top level players do generally live like monks and saints as it’s about fine margins.

Even if they were people wouldn't care as long as they delivered on the pitch. When you are playing poorly everything you do gets scrutinized more.

It's basically off season right now, so not a big deal imo. Would have been worse if the season was ongoing,

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The only time a players diet will be monitored is when eating in and around club facilities, giving them doggy bags doesn't stop them from getting a takeaway. They're top level athletes ffs they know exactly what they should and shouldn't eat and how much.

It's up to the player to decided what he consumes away from the club, to say every gram is monitored is ridiculous, there's certain expectations however.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Remember when Emery banned apple juice from Arsenals cafeteria because of the amount of sugar in it yet Iwobi drank it at home all the time anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom